US Intelligence Agencies: Iran doesn't currently have a Nuclear Weapons Program

Oh that's right -- you stated an opinion so that you dont have to back up with facts. I, somehow, forgot that this is popular here.

How about:
Iran gave up its nuke program because of the very real threat that, after the invasion of Iraq, they were next?

That is a good guess too.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/showpost.php?p=628525&postcount=87

Question:

Anyone want to guess as to WHY they halted their nuke program?

Answer:

I don’t know.
Perhaps international pressure.
Perhaps diplomacy.
Perhaps communication followed by better mutual understanding.
Perhaps Bush slipped a few dollars under the table for Iran.
Oh that's right -- you stated an opinion so that you dont have to back up with facts. I, somehow, forgot that this is popular here.

How about:
Iran gave up its nuke program because of the very real threat that, after the invasion of Iraq, they were next?

How about:

I don't get it.... he gives an opinion, you denigrate it, and then give an opinion.

How about:

LOL!

How did I know, you were going to try to give Bush and his Iraq war credit! You love Bush!

Unfortuanately, that's not what the NIE says. You should really click the link, before you keep making yourself look like a fool"

We judge with high confidence that the halt, and Tehran’s announcement of its decision to suspend its declared uranium enrichment program and sign an Additional Protocol to its Nuclear Non-ProliferationTreaty Safeguards Agreement, was directed primarily in response to increasing international scrutiny and pressure resulting from exposure of Iran’s previously undeclared nuclear work.

It was the IAEA that exposed the scope of Iran's enrichment activity. You know, the same IAEA that bush and his fans hate?

And it was international pressure (not your war) from the europeans, us, and others, that did it.

LOL!
How did I know, you were going to try to give Bush and his Iraq war credit! You love Bush!
How did I know, you were going to try to avoid giving Bush and his actions regarding Iraq credit! You hate Bush!

Unfortuanately, that's not what the NIE says.

It says:

in response to increasing international scrutiny and pressure

You still havent described the term "pressure", in specific terms.

Aside from your partisan bigotry, how can you argue that Bush's actions aginat Iraq are not part of that 'pressure'?

You should really click the link, before you keep making yourself look like a fool"
It appears you have clicked it several times, and it hasnt saved you...

And it was international pressure (not your war) from the europeans, us, and others, that did it.
Show this to be true.
Show that our actions, as you claim, are NOT part of the reason.

LOL

What a Class A Bush-worshipper!

After shooter and his president have been shown to be wrong, about their previous assertions about Iran's nuke program, he's trying to claim credit by tying this to Bush's War.

don't confuse shooter...he thinks that nuclear weapons are made gratis by elves and there IS no cost!

Yes. That was pretty rich. Wasn’t that one reason why the USSR crashed the way that it did? It just couldn’t keep up with the cost of its military program when it seemed to be in a race with the USA? Nations invest their money and resources how they see fit.

LOL

What a Class A Bush-worshipper!

After shooter and his president have been shown to be wrong, about their previous assertions about Iran's nuke program, he's trying to claim credit by tying this to Bush's War.

Your partisan bigotry knows no bounds.

Please -try- to be honest:

If GWB had not done everything he did regarding Iraq up to the point that Iran gave up their program do you REALLY think Iran would have given up its program when it did?

You presume that the only "cost" is money.

What other 'costs' were/are associated with contunuing the program?

I think that “resources” would have been a better word to use (money being one resource). For any such program, one needs tools, supplies, (and money so that one can buy more tools and supplies once the tools and supplies run out). Good trade relations are needed. There are probably other examples too. Are you going anywhere with this line of questioning?

Your partisan bigotry knows no bounds.

Please -try- to be honest:

If GWB had not done everything he did regarding Iraq up to the point that Iran gave up their program do you REALLY think Iran would have given up its program when it did?

I have no idea.... I think that the NIE indicates that they had done a cost-benefit analysis and that they had succumbed to diplomatic pressure. What do you have, other than your clearly partisan "gut feeling" that would indicate otherwise?

I think that “resources” would have been a better word to use (money being one resource). For any such program, one needs tools, supplies, (and money so that one can buy more tools and supplies once the tools and supplies run out). Good trade relations are needed. There are probably other examples too. Are you going anywhere with this line of questioning?
What about the "cost" in terms of military action being taken against them, and how that would not only destory their investment, but probably destory their strategic infrastructre?

And why do you present any number of 'possible' reasons, but refuse to acknowledge the 'possibility' that the credible threat of force -- that is, their thought that "he took out Saddam, we might be next" -- had something to do with it?

In spite of the pathetic attempt to spin this as a victory for Bush and his iraq war, lets remember the salient point:

Up until 48 hours ago, Bush and his cyberspace worshippers had been lecturing us that iran was activly building a nuclear bomb, that there were a mere one or two years away from having a bomb, and they were on the verge of becoming an imminent threat.

Bush worshippers were wrong....AGAIN. Just like with Iraq.

What about the "cost" in terms of military action being taken against them, and how that would not only destory their investment, but probably destory their strategic infrastructre?

And why do you present any number of 'possible' reasons, but refuse to acknowledge the 'possibility' that the credible threat of force -- that is, their thought that "he took out Saddam, we might be next" -- had something to do with it?

maybe you should ask the authors of the NIE - all of whom work for Bush, by the way - and ask them that question!

Up until 48 hours ago, Bush and his cyberspace worshippers.... and every had been lecturing us that iran was activly building a nuclear bomb, that there were a mere one or two years away from having a bomb, and they were on the verge of becoming an imminent threat.
I love how the liberals try to distance themselves from the errors that THEY made, just like they did regarding WMDs in Iraq. They hope that people are stupid enough to forget that while GWB and everyone else were dicussing the dangers and the threats, they were right there alongside him, agreeing with the whole thing.

It must suck to be a liberal, knowing that the only chance you have at political power is to hope that American People are so stupid they wont remember what you said a few days ago.

That is speculative cost.

I did not bash that possibility. I acknowledge that Iran might have thought that the US and its allies might use force, and that such a thought might have influenced Iran to do what it did. Perhaps Iran’s decision was based on a mixture of different variables (including the possible threat of military force). I’m sorry if you thought that I didn’t give your idea much weight.

And here's our dumbass president this morning, trying to spin his way out of admitting that he totally hyped and exaggerated the iranian nuclear threat, to the american people:

Question: My question, sir, is, are you feeling troubled about your standing here yesterday, about perhaps facing a credibility gap with the American people?

THE PRESIDENT: No, I'm feeling pretty spirited, pretty good about life, and have made the decision to come before you so I can explain the NIE. And I have said Iran is dangerous, and the NIE doesn't do anything to change my opinion about the danger Iran poses to the world.

Moron. You were talking about World War Three, mere weeks ago. When you KNEW, what the NIE report was going to say.

Forum List

Back