US immigrants in foregin countries

Shikica

Mar 7, 2015
Many Americans immigrate each year to countries in Latin America, South America, the Middle East, Eastern Asia and other places as well. Their motives span from wanting to settle elsewhere, falling in love with a native person, or because they know that they will have a very good job (often for a US corporation) by moving.

However, many native citizens in those countries have noticed one thing: Americans almost never learn the country's language. And the ones that do tend to be quite poor at it and wouldn't be classified as 'proficient' by the host country's standards.

Nonetheless Americans blast immigrants to the United States for not knowing and speaking English fluently.

Many Americans immigrate each year to countries in Latin America, South America, the Middle East, Eastern Asia and other places as well. Their motives span from wanting to settle elsewhere, falling in love with a native person, or because they know that they will have a very good job (often for a US corporation) by moving.

However, many native citizens in those countries have noticed one thing: Americans almost never learn the country's language. And the ones that do tend to be quite poor at it and wouldn't be classified as 'proficient' by the host country's standards.

Nonetheless Americans blast immigrants to the United States for not knowing and speaking English fluently.

Do you have a link to your claims? Myself and most Americans I know are not hypocrites. If we moved to a foreign country we would learn the native language and even speak it. I don't expect any more or less from those who migrate here. I wouldn't demand fluency especially if they had only been here a short time. Effort is what is important.

I believe a second language should be compulsory for all students. Children should be introduced to a second language as soon as possible.

I'm sure you cannot provide a link because you are basing it from your experience BUT I totally totally disagree with you. And I'm not sure which country you are referring.
Actually Americans are the fastest way to adapt when they live on foreign soil. I do not have a link either and this is just my experience from dealing with American people living abroad in several countries.
It's the other way around. There are thousands of immigrants that comes to US like middle eastern, asian, SA countries etc.. After several years of living in U.S. some still do not speak English that we have to compensate for them. Press 1 for English.

What are "foregin" countries ?

US immigrants in foreign countries

I think they're called tourists.

We dont go to those countries expecting handouts.
In fact we lift the economy with the money we bring.
When beaners start swimming the river with a back pack full of cash to spend instead of a backpack full of cocaine you'll have room to complain.
And of course Americans dont go to foreign countries and rob,rape and pillage.

Forum List

Back