US has hIghest teen pregnancy rate of industrialized nations

Sorry doc, but I've been working with teen moms most of my adult life. Accidents do happen, but rarely. "We didn't feel like using a condom or the pill makes me fat" does not constitute an "accident" They all know the consequences and most are not unhappy about it. Look at the rates for SECOND children born out of wedlock. Its abysmal.

Much is based on the same theory as to why younger people, in their 20's, do not think health isnurance is necessary.

"bad things happen to other people, never will happen to me"

The "I am immortal" theory.

Let me summarize...

Gregg:Wahhh waaaa Wahhhh Bristol abstinence only waaah wahhhh waaaaa.

Everyone else: WTF does it matter what Bristol says? She has no pull. Whats YOUR plan?

Greg: Waaaaaa wahhhh waaaaa, you just like to bitch same as me on a MB waaaaah wahhhh

del: I actually teach a course in sex ed in hopes to help to curb teenage pregnancy. Again, whats YOUR plan?

Gregg: waaaaaaaaah del's an asshole! waaaaaahhhhh.

del, that some serious ownage of a poster there. Hats off.

PWNED_.JPG

And what's Bristol Palin's wonderful plan to try and lower these rates? You got it, the failed policy that helped lead to having the highest teen pregnancy rate, push abstinence only. Yes, not having sex will lead to not getting pregnant. Problem is, biology gives us a very strong desire to want to have sex, so simply telling teens that they can't won't work. THey will do it anyway. Push abstinence but at the same time birth control methods and as graphically as possible let them know what he consequences of irresponsible sex is.

Is Bristol Palin in some level of authority now? While I agree that her and her mother's abstinence only ideas are outdated and simply do not work, why are you posting this about Bristol? Does she has pull somewhere in our country where she can force her opinions on others?

Saw on Good morning american this morning she was going to be on talking about her campaign to try and lower the teen pregnancy rate, which made me post this. She's going on a publicity campaign. No pull except to keep pushing the same failed policy

Actually, no one 'made' you post.... You did that all by your stupid self.

Sorry doc, but I've been working with teen moms most of my adult life. Accidents do happen, but rarely. "We didn't feel like using a condom or the pill makes me fat" does not constitute an "accident" They all know the consequences and most are not unhappy about it. Look at the rates for SECOND children born out of wedlock. Its abysmal.

That's not doing it on purpose, that's being ignorant and stupid about birth control. They didn't intend to get pregnant.

Also "We didn't feel like using a condom or the pill makes me fat" does not mean they intentionally tried to get pregnant.

Jarhead, common sense? bwaahhaaahaaa! It's been shown time and time again that abstinence only education doesn't work.

Last edited:
We've discussed this topic over and over again. Teens know how not to get pregnant. The vast majority of them do it on purpose. How do we stop that? Could entitlements and fatherlessness be the REAL issue? We need to stop making teen pregnancy so goddamned "socially acceptable" and start making marriage a more acceptable option. Very few single mothers in my area even consider marriage. And the daddies just disappear.. Then the cycle continues.

Source?

Logic and expoerience is the best source.

If you prefer to read it somewhere and not apply your own logic, go for it.

Certain things dont need "sources" to confrim.

Let me summarize...

Everyone else: WTF does it matter what Bristol says? She has no pull. Whats YOUR plan?

Greg: Waaaaaa wahhhh waaaaa, you just like to bitch same as me on a MB waaaaah wahhhh

del: I actually teach a course in sex ed in hopes to help to curb teenage pregnancy. Again, whats YOUR plan?

PWNED_.JPG

Yes, so every post everybody makes is whining? Get a fucking life asshole. Way to show your great ability to make an argument.

never seen this many dumbfucks on one forum before in my life, but with assholes like Gunny running it and del and some other moderators, its no wonder

Let me summarize...

PWNED_.JPG

Yes, so every post everybody makes is whining?

No.

Just yours.

Your welcome.

That's not doing it on purpose, that's being ignorant and stupid about birth control. They didn't intend to get pregnant

No gregg. The did not intend to get pregnant but on the same note, the were well aware that sex can lead to preganancy.

So that being said, the had sex on pourpose and avoided the reality of truth on purpose.

They assumed that they were immortal. And that assumption was made on purpose.

Let me summarize...

PWNED_.JPG

Yes, so every post everybody makes is whining?

No.

Just yours.

Your welcome.

OK, thanks for confirming your a complete dickhead like so many others here. Sad group that has nothing better to do than scour message boards to attack people.

Well thank Gawd for FreeDumb and unregulated internet !!!
You realize your daughters, and grand daughters understand every session of sex ends with a facial ?
Gawd Blass Amurkastan !!!
Fucking Idiocracy.

No.

Just yours.

Your welcome.

OK, thanks for confirming your a complete dickhead like so many others here. Sad group that has nothing better to do than scour message boards to attack people.

*looks at OP....looks at Gregg*

Yes, sad that you had to start a thread to attack someone. I agree, you are a dickhead.

That's what you consider an attack? Arguing against someone's position on abstinence only? Did I call her a name? Nice try troll baiting, makes you look even more stupid, not like you probably care

Yes, sad that you had to start a thread to attack someone. I agree, you are a dickhead.

That's what you consider an attack? Arguing against someone's position on abstinence only? Did I call her a name? Nice try troll baiting, makes you look even more stupid, not like you probably care

Wow, you really think that you have to call someone a name in order to attack them? Really? You must not be that familiar with the English language and the myriad of emotions it can convey in the simple written word.

Oh, you're backpedaling. Nevermind then.

(BTW, I didn't call you a name once in this post, therefore I am not attacking you)

Let me summarize...

PWNED_.JPG

Yes, so every post everybody makes is whining? Get a fucking life asshole. Way to show your great ability to make an argument.

never seen this many dumbfucks on one forum before in my life, but with assholes like Gunny running it and del and some other moderators, its no wonder

And yet you keep coming back trying to take the title of "Dumbest Fuckstain at USMB" from rdean...

Kudos for putting forth a wonderous effort, but rdean may be reluctant to give up the crown...

The point of your OP was that abstinence ed contributes to teen pregnancy. I say that is way overblown. Fatherless daughters have a higher pregnancy rate - look it up. Fatherless children receive more entitlements - look it up. Common sense seems to have no place in discussions anymore. No wonder these kids are so messed up.

Stop making excuses for irresponsible behavior. If a teen is "mature enough" to have sex, they have to be mature enough to accept the consequences. That goes for the boys as well. Sperm donors do not daddies make.

I'd definitely have to say that not having sex would be the most effective form of contraception. For every time you don't have sex, you have a 100% probability of not getting pregnant. :)

The point of your OP was that abstinence ed contributes to teen pregnancy. I say that is way overblown. Fatherless daughters have a higher pregnancy rate - look it up. Fatherless children receive more entitlements - look it up. Common sense seems to have no place in discussions anymore. No wonder these kids are so messed up.

Stop making excuses for irresponsible behavior. If a teen is "mature enough" to have sex, they have to be mature enough to accept the consequences. That goes for the boys as well. Sperm donors do not daddies make.
Exactly - stop "Welfraud" and teen pregnancy will go down.
Force responsibility on the teens and they will change their behavior.

And perhaps find a way to keep teens from doing drugs - getting stupid is not just a metaphor.

Wow, you really think that you have to call someone a name in order to attack them? Really? You must not be that familiar with the English language and the myriad of emotions it can convey in the simple written word.

Oh, you're backpedaling. Nevermind then.

(BTW, I didn't call you a name once in this post, therefore I am not attacking you)

You have to be trolling, can't be this dumb. You know the difference between attacking someone's position and opinion and attacking them or making any judgements about them based on their opinion? apparently not. amazes me humans can be this dumb and/or dishonest

We've discussed this topic over and over again. Teens know how not to get pregnant. The vast majority of them do it on purpose. How do we stop that? Could entitlements and fatherlessness be the REAL issue? We need to stop making teen pregnancy so goddamned "socially acceptable" and start making marriage a more acceptable option. Very few single mothers in my area even consider marriage. And the daddies just disappear.. Then the cycle continues.

Source?

Logic and expoerience is the best source.

If you prefer to read it somewhere and not apply your own logic, go for it.

Certain things dont need "sources" to confrim.

Experience does not a scientific poll make. Also there's little logic to teens wanting to get pregnant, what possible good would come of that? And yes I know some teens (or at least that group from MA) decided to get pregnant but I have a hard time believing that most teens want to.

Forum List

Back