US has hIghest teen pregnancy rate of industrialized nations

Dr Gregg

Rookie
Jan 28, 2010
And what's Bristol Palin's wonderful plan to try and lower these rates? You got it, the failed policy that helped lead to having the highest teen pregnancy rate, push abstinence only. Yes, not having sex will lead to not getting pregnant. Problem is, biology gives us a very strong desire to want to have sex, so simply telling teens that they can't won't work. THey will do it anyway. Push abstinence but at the same time birth control methods and as graphically as possible let them know what he consequences of irresponsible sex is.

And what's Bristol Palin's wonderful plan to try and lower these rates? You got it, the failed policy that helped lead to having the highest teen pregnancy rate, push abstinence only. Yes, not having sex will lead to not getting pregnant. Problem is, biology gives us a very strong desire to want to have sex, so simply telling teens that they can't won't work. THey will do it anyway. Push abstinence but at the same time birth control methods and as graphically as possible let them know what he consequences of irresponsible sex is.

Is Bristol Palin in some level of authority now? While I agree that her and her mother's abstinence only ideas are outdated and simply do not work, why are you posting this about Bristol? Does she has pull somewhere in our country where she can force her opinions on others?

• Banned

Is Bristol Palin in some level of authority now? While I agree that her and her mother's abstinence only ideas are outdated and simply do not work, why are you posting this about Bristol? Does she has pull somewhere in our country where she can force her opinions on others?

Saw on Good morning american this morning she was going to be on talking about her campaign to try and lower the teen pregnancy rate, which made me post this. She's going on a publicity campaign. No pull except to keep pushing the same failed policy

Saw on Good morning american this morning she was going to be on talking about her campaign to try and lower the teen pregnancy rate, which made me post this. She's going on a publicity campaign. No pull except to keep pushing the same failed policy

what are you doing to help?

• Banned

Well, not my problem, its the parents. So when I have a kid, I'll do my part to teach them to be responsible. Another thing I'll do is not vote for any abstinence only pushing politicians.

what's up with people thinking posting opinions on message boards and making threads means anything other than posting opinions to kill some time and see how other's feel on the matter. I'm not out on any crusade or anything, geez

Well, not my problem, its the parents. So when I have a kid, I'll do my part to teach them to be responsible. Another thing I'll do is not vote for any abstinence only pushing politicians.

what's up with people thinking posting opinions on message boards and making threads means anything other than posting opinions to kill some time and see how other's feel on the matter. I'm not out on any crusade or anything, geez

you're so quick to criticize someone else who's doing something to try to alleviate the problem that i thought maybe you had a reason other than being a raving asshat.

my mistake, sorry.

US has hIghest teen pregnancy rate of industrialized nations

Source?

Abstinence works.