US governments banning use of "Jesus" in prayers!!!! In the USA??!!

Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban on 'God' and 'Jesus' - FoxNews.com
Virginia governor endorses ban on 'Jesus' prayer

The first link is the Houston VA banning the use of "Jesus" or "God Bless You" on premises by pastors or by the volunteers who go to funerals of servicemen.

The second is the Virginia government banning the use of "Jesus" by the VA State Troopers chaplains, after which 6 trooper chaplains immediately resigned. In that same law, chaplains are also forbidden from using negative language towards "liberals" "homosexuals" or "atheists". So the law basically says "You can't mention Jesus, or talk badly about liberals, homos or atheists." WTF????

Freedom of speech is being fucking revoked. So whats gonna happen? If an Army chaplain says "Jesus" at a VA cemetery, is he gonna be arrested? If a VA State Trooper chaplain says "Jesus" in prayer, will he be fired and charged?

We are inching towards Communist Fucking Russia you morons.

Daniel was thrown into the lions den because he didn't bow down to the little fake god. When people die they are going to be in for a real big surprise.

Someone up their is going to say I never knew you.

What the fuck are you talking about? Free speech isnt a blanket law. Government can curb your free speech. See Schools, and see Shouting fire in a crowded room.

Furthermore you have the right to say what you want, But one will have to take personal responsibly for it if it offends someone in a case like this. You know something the Right loves to cry about, personal responsibly.

If you say jesus you simply get removed from your "job". At least in the case you linked to.
As for the other, You loose your job and pay court and lawyer fees should you lose the case.

I understand your limited intelligence doesnt understand these things that have been going on for years.

Maybe a coloring book with Jesus on a dinosaur is more your level.

WHAT IN THE HOLY HELL???? Free speech isn't a blanket law? Um........the 1st Amendment?????

So, the Westboro Baptist whackos can show up and scream the most atrocious things possible, and the SCOTU says they have the right to, yet, the guests and pastor at the funeral can't say "Jesus" or anything bad about liberals.

It is NOT my responsibility if something I say offends someone. Fuck you, you faggot. See? It's not my job to be responsible if that offends someone.

Wow. You suggest that if someone says "Jesus" or "God Bless" at a funeral, they should be fired, fined, and possibly jailed (If they refuse to cooperate with fines, thats the next step).

Jesus Christ. Talk about liberal fascism. I can seriously not believe I am seeing LIBERALS defending laws that threaten to fine or jail someone for saying a word during a funeral. For saying "Jesus", at a funeral, you would jail or fine them.

I know this: If my family ever has a funeral, and some liberal prick attempts to enforce a law like this for someone saying "Jesus", you can be sure that liberal will get punched in the fucking jaw. Yes, I promoted violence. My family and our pastor will say "Jesus" at any funeral we want. I hope a pussy liberal makes issue of it.

Waiiiit a second... you are calling Westboro Liberal? Christ... make up your own bedtime stories much?

Hmmm. I called them whackos. If your stupid ass can point to where I called them liberals, I'll owe you a dollar.

I pointed out the irony of the SCOTUS saying Westboro can say whatever they want at a funeral, yet, we now have the VA saying "Jesus" can't be said at a funeral. A legal inconsistency. Was that too intellectual for you to grasp?

BTW, you don't know much about Westboro. You do know they are all lawyers, right? And you do know their scheme revolves around lawsuits aimed at police departments (aka, city governments with deep pockets) when the crowds assault them and they claim the cops didn't protect them. Wesboro is sick, but they aren't stupid. The church is a front. Read up on them.

So would you support banning the traditional Muslim religious dress in all US public high schools and universities? After all, abiding by that dress code of Islam is "practicing" Islam on government property.

Is anyone saying that a Christian can't wear a cross? or have a Jesus tattoo?

YOU said we can't practice our religion inside the walls of the government. Abiding by Islam's dress code is the literal act of "practicing" that religion. So, following the Islamic dress code, on gov't property, is in fact practicing Islam on government property. YOU said we can practice any religion we want "outside their walls".

SO, are we gonna ban Islamic dress on gov't school campuses????

Please explain to me how the wearing of "Islamic dress" is practicing the Islamic religion??

Well... you kind of implied it with the "the guests and pastor at the funeral can't say "Jesus" or anything bad about liberals." part.

So would you support banning the traditional Muslim religious dress in all US public high schools and universities? After all, abiding by that dress code of Islam is "practicing" Islam on government property.

YOU said we can't practice our religion inside the walls of the government. Abiding by Islam's dress code is the literal act of "practicing" that religion. So, following the Islamic dress code, on gov't property, is in fact practicing Islam on government property. YOU said we can practice any religion we want "outside their walls".

That's a bullshit analogy. Are we going to ban Skullcaps for Jews? Are we going to ban beads for American Indians? Dress has little to do with Practicing Religion. But you want to play this "I'm the victim" game? Sure... let's ban it all. No Crosses, No Skullcaps, no "Islamic Dress".

Skullcaps... Crosses.... Robes/turbans...Beads.

Geez... I am a Christian and I get it, why can't you? I know... because you are too busy slipping on your tin foil hat... which also ought to be banned.

The government has no right to show preferential treatment to one religion over another. WHich is what you want... You want an "official Religion of the United States Praying team". Too fucking bad.

That's a bullshit analogy. Are we going to ban Skullcaps for Jews? Are we going to ban beads for American Indians? Dress has little to do with Practicing Religion. But you want to play this "I'm the victim" game? Sure... let's ban it all. No Crosses, No Skullcaps, no "Islamic Dress".

Geez... I am a Christian and I get it, why can't you? I know... because you are too busy slipping on your tin foil hat... which also ought to be banned.

The government has no right to show preferential treatment to one religion over another. WHich is what you want... You want an "official Religion of the United States Praying team". Too fucking bad.

You claim Christianity but talk the way you talk. Interesting. So your beliefs are negotiable depending on how "you" feel.

The VA isn't the General Public, is it? It's a governmental agency... not your local church, not the Christian Broadcasting Network, or anything else similar.

The VA IS the government. You can practice your religion anyway you see fit... out side of their walls.

If you hired a "chaplain", that would be a "Christian chaplain". If you hired a "hindu holy man", you would not expect the Hindu not to mention the Hindu gods. If you hired a muslim cleric, you would not expect him not to mention Mohammed. This is idiotic and clearly "prohibiting the exercise of religion" (if the service is requested by the family, they will request the religion).

The government hires "religious leaders" to comfort and council servicemen. If the government wants to "prohibit religion", it will eliminate religious ministry on the taxpayer's dime. Otherwise, the religious leader should be able to practice his religion along with those that come to share his faith. That was why he was hired. The government has no authority to "prohibit religion" as it is exercised by civilians.

You claim Christianity but talk the way you talk. Interesting. So your beliefs are negotiable depending on how "you" feel.

No.... My beliefs are not negotiable. But they aren't to be demanded of everyone else. Like it or not... THIS IS AMERICA! But I know... the only time the Constitution means anything to you guys is when you are trying to cover billionaires backs and letting the rest of the country rot.

OOOOHHHHH..........so now it's "bullshit" to point it out? It was said to me that they can't practice their religion inside the gov'ts walls, thus, making it ok to ban saying "Jesus".

In Islam, women are FORCED to wear that garb. That is fact. So, if we "can't practice our religion inside the gov'ts walls" then that includes a religious dress code. So yes, we must ban Islamic garb, Jewish skull caps, and any other required dress of a religion.

Sound ridiculous? Almost as ridiculous as banning the phrase "Jesus" at a freakin' funeral.

So, if the gov't can't show preferential treatment, that also means they can't show it through exclusion. So if you ban the "practice" of a particular religion on gov't grounds, you can't show preference to other religions by allowing the practice of those while banning the practice of others.

So, if we can't practice Christianity out of respect for other religions on gov't property, THEN NO FUCKING MUSLIM CAN WEAR ISLAMIC DRESS IN FRONT OF ME OUT OF RESPECT FOR MY RELIGION.

You are wrong. I don't want an "official religion". I want it to be allowed that, God forbid, a Virginia Trooper dies, and that trooper is a Christian, that the trooper's funeral can include a pastor who mentions "Jesus" or "God Bless". But the law says that is ILLEGAL because it might offend someone in the crowd. So the dead (hypothetical) trooper can't have a Christian funeral because a guest might be offended.

You're wrong. You know it. And I pray to God that one day I'm in a situation where a fucking liberal causes a scene at a funeral or other religious ceremony because there is some bullshit law that forbids "Jesus" to be mentioned. I will go to jail for simple assault by punching that liberal's fucking teeth in. It's worth it.

No.... My beliefs are not negotiable. But they aren't to be demanded of everyone else. Like it or not... THIS IS AMERICA! But I know... the only time the Constitution means anything to you guys is when you are trying to cover billionaires backs and letting the rest of the country rot.

Does the Constitution allow a pastor at a soldier's funeral to say "Jesus"?

Remember, if we can't practice some religion, then we cant show favortism by allowing others.

If saying "Jesus" is banned, then so is the mandatory Islamic dress that is required of Muslim women, and thus, that clothing must be banned.

Stop being a fucking faggot you moron.

What the hell does any of that drivel have to do with this subject?

Don't be such a simpleton. Every issue in this country does not boil down to the haves and the have nots. This issue pertains to everyone's first amendment rights.

What happened to state rights?
Secondly there is nothing wrong with these at all.

As for talking bad about those groups, Thats called avoiding a lawsuit for discrimination dumbass.

of course had this been about Allah and allowing them to pray to them all the while praying to jesus, you would be throwing another hissy fit.

fucking retard

You seriously gave me bad rep claiming the seperation of church an state as your excuse?

Get an education son. That is there to PREVENT the govt from interfering with the publics right to practice as they see fit. If anything that clause is the reason this will be reversed if challenged. Your not very bright.
no, saying jesus is promoting a religion. We have had courts rulings that side with me. Now if it was god, then these people shouldnt be held back from doing their jobs.

Feel free to remain ignorant.

The VA rule also bans the phrase "God Bless".

And Islamic dress promotes a religion. It's a dress code in Islam, and wearing it is "practicing" it on gov't property. Ban burkas from all public schools immediately, right?

Oh, no? So, only banning Christian practices is ok, right?

Fuck you, you're a faggot also.

JESUS JESUS JESUS!!!!

Fuck all you homos that are offended by that. Fuck Islam, fuck Muslims, fuck liberals. God Bless.

Does the Constitution allow a pastor at a soldier's funeral to say "Jesus"?

Remember, if we can't practice some religion, then we cant show favortism by allowing others.

If saying "Jesus" is banned, then so is the mandatory Islamic dress that is required of Muslim women, and thus, that clothing must be banned.

Stop being a fucking faggot you moron.

Oh... so now I'm a faggot? Wow... must've gotten your dander up.

AS to your question... It depends on the religion of the dead soldier, doesn't it?

What happened to state rights?
Secondly there is nothing wrong with these at all.

As for talking bad about those groups, Thats called avoiding a lawsuit for discrimination dumbass.

of course had this been about Allah and allowing them to pray to them all the while praying to jesus, you would be throwing another hissy fit.

fucking retard

You seriously gave me bad rep claiming the seperation of church an state as your excuse?

Get an education son. That is there to PREVENT the govt from interfering with the publics right to practice as they see fit. If anything that clause is the reason this will be reversed if challenged. Your not very bright.
no, saying jesus is promoting a religion. We have had courts rulings that side with me. Now if it was god, then these people shouldnt be held back from doing their jobs.

Feel free to remain ignorant.

I never promote any religion and I use the terms god and Jesus all the time. Simply using words isn't promoting anything. This isn't protholotising here. And ignorance isn't a part of knowing your rights. If I lived there I would pay a visit to the vets and publicly say god bless you guys.

So by your logic the next time the president says God bless America we should what?
Impeach him
Fine him
Fire him
Charge him with a crime

I look forward to your answer....

Let me get some popcorn first...

poor baby. whining because you can't impose your religion on others... suck it up.

from your link:
However, the new allegations come one month after a controversy surrounding Pastor Scott Rainey's prayer in Jesus' name at a Memorial Day service in the cemetery. U.S. District Judge Lynn Hughes ruled May 26 that the government couldn't stop Rainey from using the words "Jesus Christ" in his invocation. Hughes issued a temporary restraining order to prevent the Department of Veterans Affairs from censoring Rainey's prayer

Read more: Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban on 'God' and 'Jesus' - FoxNews.com

maybe the good pastor should have remembered that there are soldiers who gave their lives who weren't christian.

to reiterate what was said by another poster... if the good pastor had been a good imam and prayed 'in the name of allah', you'd be having a nervous breakdown and ranting and raving about sharia law taking over the country.

Last edited:
Houston Veterans Claim Censorship of Prayers, Including Ban on 'God' and 'Jesus' - FoxNews.com
Virginia governor endorses ban on 'Jesus' prayer

The first link is the Houston VA banning the use of "Jesus" or "God Bless You" on premises by pastors or by the volunteers who go to funerals of servicemen.

The second is the Virginia government banning the use of "Jesus" by the VA State Troopers chaplains, after which 6 trooper chaplains immediately resigned. In that same law, chaplains are also forbidden from using negative language towards "liberals" "homosexuals" or "atheists". So the law basically says "You can't mention Jesus, or talk badly about liberals, homos or atheists." WTF????

Freedom of speech is being fucking revoked. So whats gonna happen? If an Army chaplain says "Jesus" at a VA cemetery, is he gonna be arrested? If a VA State Trooper chaplain says "Jesus" in prayer, will he be fired and charged?

so why should chaplins talk badly about liberals, homos or atheists in the performance of their job related duties?
Splain that to me.

And I will bet they can still eat catfish ;)

Last edited:
How were these "bans" put into place?
According to court documents filed this week in federal court, the cemetery's director, Arleen Ocasio, has banned saying "God" at funerals and requires prayers be submitted in advance for government approval, MyFoxHouston.com reports.
Who is he? By what authority does he wield this ban?

How was Virginia's "ban" enacted?
Gov. Timothy Kaine of Virginia has affirmed his support for a new statewide policy
"Statewide policy? Enacted how? Through legislation?

Forum List

Back