US Government Spends A Record $433 Billion In One Month As Deficit Explodes

Pres. Trump knows what is best for the country and people. ... :thup:
He’ll run the country like he runs his businesses: into the ground. He’s a pathetic piece of shit and anyone with half a brain knows it. Time to wake the fuck up if you haven’t already

...'The real highlight of the August budget report was that government outlays, or total spending, soared to $433.3 billion, not only 30% higher than a year ago, but the highest government monthly outlay of any month on record.'

Federal deficit jumps by $214 billion in August

Absolutely pathetic.

Is this Trump's/the Rep's idea of 'small government'?

Useless pricks.

Holy shit! Hey would you mind listing the Democrats votes to cut spending and avoid this deficit? I must have missed them.
I know how much they hate deficit spending.
The Dems have been out of power for years. Nice try.

This is all on Trump.

“US Government Spends A Record $433 Billion In One Month As Deficit Explodes”

And yet conservatives/Republicans continue to adhere blindly to their failed, wrongheaded economic dogma.

Most on the right are clearly uncapable of understanding that their naïve, simplistic, 18th Century perception of how government functions doesn’t work in the 21st Century, that government cannot be ‘run like a business,’ and that there are necessary, proper, and important responsibilities of governance that warrant expenditure.

Being ‘fiscally responsible’ means government meeting those needs, not just ‘cutting taxes.’

Need to address entitlements. Both parties suck.
12 billion welfare to farmers. Republicans are the big welfare and big spending party.

White House readies plan for $12 billion in emergency aid to farmers caught in Trump’s escalating trade war

Trump knows what's best for America. I'm sure he's done the math. He has the best math.
To be fair injecting money into targeted parts of the economy is something both parties do. I just like to point out hypocrisy.

...'The real highlight of the August budget report was that government outlays, or total spending, soared to $433.3 billion, not only 30% higher than a year ago, but the highest government monthly outlay of any month on record.'

Federal deficit jumps by $214 billion in August

Absolutely pathetic.

Is this Trump's/the Rep's idea of 'small government'?

Useless pricks.

Couple this with the fact that revenue was down in Aug as compared to Aug 2017 thanks to the tax cuts and it comes out to near record setting deficits in the middle of a booming economy.

In the month of August alone, we added $214,148,000,000 to the national debt.

Last edited:
God liberals are dumb as a post. Almost half of the $433 billion was spent on Social Security and Medicare, okay who wants to cut Social Security and Medicare benefits? Nobody? Thought so. Never mind the money for Social Security and Medicare was pre-paid into these programs for decades before people retired.

Are baby boomers retiring in record numbers idiots? Goddamn libs pull your dumb ass heads out of your ass.

God liberals are dumb as a post. Almost half of the $433 billion was spent on Social Security and Medicare, okay who wants to cut Social Security and Medicare benefits? Nobody? Thought so. Never mind the money for Social Security and Medicare was pre-paid into these programs for decades before people retired.

Are baby boomers retiring in record numbers idiots? Goddamn libs pull your dumb ass heads out of your ass.

Perhaps that is why cutting revenue was such a bad idea.

I want all the money I was forced to pay into these government scams back, give me MY money back and I'm happy to opt out.

Yeah. Keep it for the elderly, but get the younger people out of it and then abolish it. They're gonna be paying into it their whole lives and there's not gonna be anything in it when they need it. Social Security is broke. Additionally, any small increase of 1 or 2% they might get is offset by a 10-12% inflation rate (which is a tax) thanks to the monetary policy. The inflation is what is devaluing the dollar, which is now worth about 4 cents. The dollar crisis is gonna wipe em put. The government simply won't be able to keep their promises to them that the money will be there.

If they're gonna have it, it needs to be secured. Right now the government is spending the SS money. Throw in the 20 or so percent inflation tax on it with only a 2 percent increase of benefits, even if the government could keep its promise, which it can't, they're still gonna be screwed when it comes time to collect.

It's all a huge Ponzi scheme, and those holding the reins are just hoping 'the other side' is in the driver's seat when it all comes tumbling down.
Hang on to your hats, kids!

Amazing how alike both sides really are.

This is why it's so important fucus on the issue rather than party sides. Both parties have a belief in deficit financing. Both parties have a belief in inflationism. Both parties have a belief in central economic planning by a central bank.

If you shine a light on a cockroach, it will go hide under its rock. The longer we focus on parties instead of the issue itself, the longer the issue gets worse, and the more powerful the people causing the issue become. The money printers love when we focus on each other rather than them.

Forum List

Back