US Government 2011

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Death and Taxes 2011. It's the government, in six square feet.

At the above link is a zoom-able chart depicting the organization of every US government bureaucracy and program receiving more that $200 million in 2011. Each circle is proportional to the funding the organization or program receives.

2011%20budget%20visulaization.PNG

America, this is your government.

Last edited:
This is horrifying.

From mine, it's like viewing the Death Star from the perspective of a small rebel base in Star Wars.

It is no wonder we're in this nightmare. The US budget looks a convoluted web of fiscal insanity. Wonder if someone can make a new Monopoly game out of this chart?

You guys are right, this is reckless! He needs to scale back military spending and raise taxes quick to balance this thing!

That's the point - The piddlin crap you guys usually recommend cutting usually amount to a cumshot in the ocean compared to "Defense" spending.
1. Who is "you guys?"

2. Everything is in the chart...so lets start cutting.

3. Who the fuck are you?

That's the point - The piddlin crap you guys usually recommend cutting usually amount to a cumshot in the ocean compared to "Defense" spending.
1. Who is "you guys?"

2. Everything is in the chart...so lets start cutting.

3. Who the fuck are you?

"You guys" would be anyone who prattles about spending but holds the military as their sacred cow that cannot be touched, and often times insinuate it should probably should be expanded. After reading back, I can't say as I can lump you into that category based on this thread only.

So yes, indeed lets start cutting, and/or raising additional revenue. Any suggestions? I have repeatedly advocated scaling back military spending, raising taxes on upper income brackets, and securing a larger percentage of revenues from tariffs, as it was in the early days before a federal income tax even existed.

A simpler breakdown of the budget is as such:
$2.14T mandatory spending. This cannot be cut.
$1.38T discretionary, with more than half of that military/defense related.

Myself, I'm just another board member voicing my opinion, same as you. If you want more details, you'll have to be more specific as to what you want to know.

And where is it spent and who was it that spent like drunken soldiers?

The Federal Pie Chart

World Military Spending ? Global Issues

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare." James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

ReaganBushDebt.org

The Federal Pie Chart

"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare." James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

ReaganBushDebt.org

Decade upon decade of both parties overspending and all your worried about is blaming the GOP. That is pathetic.

We have overspent and overspent and overspent for decades now. That is because Congress can overspend to keep getting elected. That is because campaign funds come from sources that represent mega corporations that benefit when the government overspends. That is a sad reality and both parties are guilty.

I proposed thirty years ago that all candidates have free access to equal time on public television, (debates and speeches) but that no money be spent on campaigns. That way Big Money can not buy votes. No placards, No signs, No advertising on radio or tv will be allowed either. I came to that conclusion when the advertising grew to annoying proportions in 1980.

Unfortunately, all of the corrupt politicians would never vote for limiting their exposure, so the totally corrupt system continues and money buys favors in Washington. We need to destroy the old system and bring in a new one free from corruption.

The Federal Pie Chart

ReaganBushDebt.org
Translation: It's not whether you win or lose, but how you shift the blame. :lol::lol::lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back