US going into another recession? Some think so...

We will be lucky if it's just a recession.

But somehow it's still Bush's fault:) or rather Romney's fault. Somehow Romney is forcing the economy to tank.

We will see when Romney gets elected how bad things really are, because the media will start sharing everything and blaming Romney for it.

I would say no, we are growing, although very very slowly. The housing market has also began to pick up, so I don't see us dipping into another recession. However I do think we are on shaky ground and serious issues in global markets could have a much greater negative effect on us than they normally would.

remember when we told you the stimulus needed to be bigger?

history just always slips your mind.

Remember when Bush fired that genreal for saying to do Iraq we needed more troops?

you guys fucked that one up too

Imagine how much better off this country would be right now if the Rs had not done things like the debt ceiling debacle.

Imagine if your party had placed country over party.

I guess that is something republicans just cant imagine doing

remember when we told you the stimulus needed to be bigger?

history just always slips your mind.

Remember when Bush fired that genreal for saying to do Iraq we needed more troops?

you guys fucked that one up too

:lmao: Yup thats why they proposed a mini stim. So the failure was only half as much!!

Clown...........

There's no recovery. It is a plateau. Each recession will be deeper than the last because we never recover enough to take a loss.

When your generals say they need so many troops to do something do you fire them and pretend you can do it with less?

Only if you place party over country.

Bush knew that number meant a draft.

Bush knew the American people would not go along with a draft.

WHY?

because they would have looked MUCH closer at the need for war before accepting a draft.

The Bush evidence would not have stood the test

When your generals say they need so many troops to do something do you fire them and pretend you can do it with less?

Only if you place party over country.

Bush knew that number meant a draft.

Bush knew the American people would not go along with a draft.

WHY?

because they would have looked MUCH closer at the need for war before accepting a draft.

The Bush evidence would not have stood the test

Obviously the facts of THIS thread are disturbing to you otherwise you wouldn't be talking about the Iraq war.
Stfu and stay on topic twit

Your party did the same thing of denying facts and spewing lies in the lead up to the Iraq war.

Its how your party first minds work.

Its an example of your BAD decision making in practice.

Now you are doing the same with the stimulus

Did the stimulus work? A review of the nine best studies on the subject - The Washington Post

Of the nine studies I’ve found, six find that the stimulus had a significant, positive effect on employment and growth, and three find that the effect was either quite small or impossible to detect. Five studies use econometric ”experiments,” which attempt to, as Barro encourages, sort out the effect of the stimulus from other factors using empirical data. Four use modeling instead.

Last edited:
The stimulus was a failure. The proof is, it didn't work. QE Infinity isn't designed to work. It isn't supposed to fix anything. It is supposed to keep us afloat temporarily until the economy recovers. But, obama has other policies that make sure the economy won't recover. His reliance on green energy is one of those policies. We lack an energy policy. obama's answer is, if it is painful enough now, then in 50 or 100 years we will be forced to develop green energy. Meanwhile, suffer.

Imagine how much better off this country would be right now if the Rs had not done things like the debt ceiling debacle.

Obama won the Debt ceiling increase. We were downgraded because rather than compromise and do something far fetched as cut spending so we arent in as much debt, Obama got the Republicans to fold on increasing the debt ceiling with no real cuts.

Since Obama got exactly what he wanted to begin with, how exactly would anything be different?

The stimulus was a failure. The proof is, it didn't work. QE Infinity isn't designed to work. It isn't supposed to fix anything. It is supposed to keep us afloat temporarily until the economy recovers. But, obama has other policies that make sure the economy won't recover. His reliance on green energy is one of those policies. We lack an energy policy. obama's answer is, if it is painful enough now, then in 50 or 100 years we will be forced to develop green energy. Meanwhile, suffer.

It's only a failure if it's intention was recovery, if it intended to do something, say pay back campaign contributers, then it was a wild success.

Yes, if we were in debt $32,000,000,000,000,000 instead of a mere $16,000,000,000,000 all would be fine.

Stupid fucking idiot.

Hussman: US Likely Entered into a Recession in Mid-2012

Monetary stimulus measures have allowed the government to report that the economy officially remains out of recession, though income and output growth likely paint a different picture.Read more:*Hussman: US Likely Entered into a Recession in Mid-2012*

I feel like I've been playing Russian Roulette with the market. The market will have a major correction, but when exactly? I'm still invested heavily in equities. That will probably change soon.

Forum List

Back