US Getting Ready To Move On Some Front With NK?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by Annie, May 28, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/latimests/20050528/ts_latimes/usmaybetryingtoisolatenkorea

There may be something to this. Snapshot of Yahoo Search page:

2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    It is interesting to note that China has put almost no economic pressure on NK. Of all countries involved with NK, China has the most leverage. China is alleged to be worried about illegal NK aliens fleeing across the border into the PRC if economic pressure is applied. In the long run, China has no interest in a united Korean peninsula that is a strong economic rival containing US military bases. To what degree has the issue of nukes in NK become a function of geopolitical competition between China and America?

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I would think alot. I will not be at all surprised to see France becoming more and more friendly-which is saying a lot-with China. Both want to act as counterweights, one way or another.

4. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +491
    [​IMG]

I'm gonna hold my breath until the US apologizes.... I'm gonna!!!!.... I'm gonna!!!!.... I'm gonna!!!!!!

(wouldn't you just love to pistol whip this SOB until his teeth fly out of his head?)

5. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    cutting off the food donations? well one thing for sure, lil kim and his army will still be well fed while the rest of his country are starving

6. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    :wtf:

I thought we cut off food donations long ago!

Why do we continue to buy food for the scientists that are creating the Nuclear Weapon with which it is likely we will be attacked? Why are we paying this country to make weapons to use against us?!!!

7. mrsx

mrsx Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnist/neuharth/2005-06-09-neuharth_x.htm
    "North Korea's dictator Kim Jung Il is a bad guy. But he's not suicidal. Even if he has the bomb, the chances of him nuking his neighbors (or us) are as far-fetched as was Bush's claim that Iraq's Saddam Hussein was a threat to us with weapons of mass destruction.

Any thought of a preemptive military move against North Korea is nuts. Instead, Bush should talk and walk toward tearing down this wall, à la President Ronald Reagan in Berlin in 1987."

Interesting to see USA Today, leading Marxist-Lenninst journal of left wing revolution, getting nervous about the visit of South Korean President Roh Moo Hyun with Daddy's Little War Criminal coming up today. Uncle Sam's idle threats against the Dear Leader ring as hollow as the super-patriot spouting to be heard occasionally on this board.

8. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    :tinfoil:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. mrsx

mrsx Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Why all the bold type? Are you hard of hearing? Nice emoticon: why think when you can just point and click?

10. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    why think when people like you seem to think they know everything for everyone.