US General Asks India for Military Assistance in Afghanistan

Your premise is incorrect. Afghanistan can only be considered "very" critical to US interests because it has been infested by radical Islam but certainly not because of it's geography. There is precious little in the way of resources ( except heroin poppies) and it is certainly not in a strategic position for trade nor much else since the end of the Cold War. A diplomat would never say that, but anyone with a lick of common sense can figure it out.

It is important geographically to its neighbors alone, Pakistan, India, Russia and Iran.

It was unstable Afghanistan which was utilized by Pakistan as a safe haven to train Al Queda. Al Queda declared war on US and hit US targets on multiple occasions. Therefore, it is in the interest of US and other like minded countries to help Afghanistan in its nation building efforts.
Obviously, and I did mention that it's importance is only because of it's infestation of radical Islam, but it's geographical importance to the US is a bit like that of Bolivia, a country which it has much in common although on the other side of the world.

Afghanistan borders with Pakistan, Iran, China and few central Asian countries. Also, India and Russia are not too far from Afghanistan. This makes it an ideal location for a military base because US has tensions with Iran, China and Russia that can spiral into a war.
There are several "stans" from which the US could establish a base if needed as indeed it had done in the past, and with far better security conditions.

Afghanistan is not geographically very strategic to the US, which is why it was abandoned after the Cold War.

You do not even have a faint clue on the ground realities of the region. Pakistan no longer is considered a reliable ally by the US. This leaves Afghanistan as a only real choice for a base if shooting starts.
Trust me, there are "stans" all over the fucking place there: Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

Don't presume to lecture me on something I am obviously more familiar with than you.

I will yield to you on rape seeing that you're from India. Agreed?

Last edited:
It was unstable Afghanistan which was utilized by Pakistan as a safe haven to train Al Queda. Al Queda declared war on US and hit US targets on multiple occasions. Therefore, it is in the interest of US and other like minded countries to help Afghanistan in its nation building efforts.
Obviously, and I did mention that it's importance is only because of it's infestation of radical Islam, but it's geographical importance to the US is a bit like that of Bolivia, a country which it has much in common although on the other side of the world.

Afghanistan borders with Pakistan, Iran, China and few central Asian countries. Also, India and Russia are not too far from Afghanistan. This makes it an ideal location for a military base because US has tensions with Iran, China and Russia that can spiral into a war.
There are several "stans" from which the US could establish a base if needed as indeed it had done in the past, and with far better security conditions.

Afghanistan is not geographically very strategic to the US, which is why it was abandoned after the Cold War.

You do not even have a faint clue on the ground realities of the region. Pakistan no longer is considered a reliable ally by the US. This leaves Afghanistan as a only real choice for a base if shooting starts.
Trust me idiot, there are "stans" all over the fucking place there: Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

Don't presume to lecture me on something I am obviously more familiar with than you.

I will yield to you on rape seeing that you're from India. Agreed?

You are a Christian Nazzi. Your specialty lies in spreading hate not discussing geopolitics. Look at the map and learn few things. If war with Iran starts which is likely if Hillary wins then it will be more helpful for US to have a base in Afghanistan than in the countries you have mentioned.

Afghanistan is a very critical country for both India and the U.S. due to its geography.

---

NEW DELHI — The commander in charge of US forces in Afghanistan has asked India to step up military aid in the Asian country. Gen. John Nicholson's call to action comes as Western sanctions against Russia is leading to a paucity of spares for Russian-made weaponry used by Afghan forces.

Speaking to journalists Wednesday after meeting with India's National Security Adviser Ajit Doval, Foreign Secretary Subrahmanyam Jaishankar and Defence Secretary G.Mohan Kumar, the US Army officer said: "Due to sanctions on Russia, it's difficult to acquire supplies of spare parts for Russian military platforms, because much of the money is given to Afghanistan by donors who have sanctions against Russia in place."

US General Asks India for Military Assistance in Afghanistan
Your premise is incorrect. Afghanistan can only be considered "very" critical to US interests because it has been infested by radical Islam but certainly not because of it's geography. There is precious little in the way of resources ( except heroin poppies) and it is certainly not in a strategic position for trade nor much else since the end of the Cold War. A diplomat would never say that, but anyone with a lick of common sense can figure it out.

It is important geographically to its neighbors alone, Pakistan, India, Russia and Iran.

The USA should completely withdraw from A-stan and never go back in there.

You are a Christian Nazzi. Your specialty lies in spreading hate not discussing geopolitics. Look at the map and learn few things. If war with Iran starts which is likely if Hillary wins then it will be more helpful for US to have a base in Afghanistan than in the countries you have mentioned.
The IDF will most likely be the US surrogate if there needs to be war with Iran.

But first Obama/Clinton will have to send India billions out of American paychecks for India's help. Then billions more to Iran to keep them happy. Then billions more to Yemen, then Syrian rebels called ISIS, then......

India has an independent foreign policy and as such does not expect or receive foreign aids from the US. The countries that receive billions of dollars in aid are Israel, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey and few other middle eastern countries.

U.S. Gives Financial Aid to 96% of All Countries

According to the federal government, for fiscal year 2012, “The United States remained the world’s largest bilateral donor, obligating approximately $48.4 billion—$31.2 billion in economic assistance and $17.2 billion in military assistance.” However, “obligated” funds are not the same as “dispersed.”

The U.S. disbursed $33.2 billion—$19 billion in economic assistance to 184 countries and $14.2 billion in military assistance to 142 countries. Out of the top six U.S. foreign aid recipients, five of them were Muslim countries. And yet it seems the U.S. can’t buy good press in the Middle East.

The UN boasts 193 members, and the U.S. provided economic assistance to 184 of them, or 96% of the countries in the world.

I know that US is the largest donor. I started a thread about it a while back but I got attacked because it turned out that the Israel was the largest recipient of US aid. BTW, I am against shipping our hard earned money to all foreign countries. Can you say that for yourself?

You bet I can. If I were Queen I'd have a closed door policy until America was on it's feet and able to take care of itself. US steel, US cars, US energy. Then I'd open the doors again.

Soros said the biggest obstacle to a New World Order is the United States. We need to make sure it is.

Last edited:
But first Obama/Clinton will have to send India billions out of American paychecks for India's help. Then billions more to Iran to keep them happy. Then billions more to Yemen, then Syrian rebels called ISIS, then......

India has an independent foreign policy and as such does not expect or receive foreign aids from the US. The countries that receive billions of dollars in aid are Israel, Egypt, Pakistan, Turkey and few other middle eastern countries.

According to the federal government, for fiscal year 2012, “The United States remained the world’s largest bilateral donor, obligating approximately $48.4 billion—$31.2 billion in economic assistance and $17.2 billion in military assistance.” However, “obligated” funds are not the same as “dispersed.”

The U.S. disbursed $33.2 billion—$19 billion in economic assistance to 184 countries and $14.2 billion in military assistance to 142 countries. Out of the top six U.S. foreign aid recipients, five of them were Muslim countries. And yet it seems the U.S. can’t buy good press in the Middle East.

The UN boasts 193 members, and the U.S. provided economic assistance to 184 of them, or 96% of the countries in the world.

I know that US is the largest donor. I started a thread about it a while back but I got attacked because it turned out that the Israel was the largest recipient of US aid. BTW, I am against shipping our hard earned money to all foreign countries. Can you say that for yourself?

You bet I can. If I were Queen I'd have a closed door policy until America was on it's feet and able to take care of itself. US steel, US cars, US energy. Then I'd open the doors again.

Soros said the biggest obstacle to a New World Order is the United States. We need to make sure it is.
Hehehe. In 1939, the biggest obstacle to the New World Order was Germany. America and Britain, twiddle dum and twiddle Dee, were very proud to bust Germany for that with ww2. So now, how does it feel to be put in Germany's shoes? And can Americans even think as far as trying to ask the question of whose new world order is this New World Order?

The IDF will most likely be the US surrogate if there needs to be war with Iran.

Israelis are not liked very well by most Muslim countries. So if Israel is brought into the coalition, it will break the coalition. This will not be an acceptable outcome for the US.

Israelis are not liked very well by most Muslim countries. So if Israel is brought into the coalition, it will break the coalition. This will not be an acceptable outcome for the US.

oh gee VIK------you seem not to understand much about muslims------same was true of Gandhiji. Muslims can
EASILY form alliances with JOOOOS ------they can even do so
with HINDOOOOS

Hehehe. In 1939, the biggest obstacle to the New World Order was Germany. America and Britain, twiddle dum and twiddle Dee, were very proud to bust Germany for that with ww2. So now, how does it feel to be put in Germany's shoes? And can Americans even think as far as trying to ask the question of whose new world order is this New World Order?

In 1939 you were the biggest obstacle to life and liberty. Germany needed it's ass kicked. Your leader was a murdering mad man.
You'll be happy to know that Germany is no longer an obstacle, but a vibrant UN member: How is that UN Muslim invasion working for you? Now, be good, and move out of your house. A Muslim wants it. Got Muslims jobs, or will they need yours....
We don't have to ask who they are They tell us who they are. Merkel's friend, George Soros and Co.

You are what we don't want here. A shining example of what not to do.
Where-are-the-women.jpg

Last edited:

In 1939 you were the biggest obstacle to life and liberty. Germany needed it's ass kicked. Your leader was a murdering mad man.
You'll be happy to know that Germany is no longer an obstacle, but a vibrant UN member: How is that UN Muslim invasion working for you? Now, be good, and move out of your house. A Muslim wants it. Got Muslims jobs, or will they need yours....
We don't have to ask who they are They tell us who they are. Merkel's friend, George Soros and Co.

Where-are-the-women.jpg

How can this be? I thought Trump is also advertised as a mad man. Germany is still the only country that can defend you from the Muslim goons of the newly globalized new world order. If you learn German, then you are rewarded greatly, and to your salvation, that you don't have to learn the Arabic tongue of Merkel's new boyfriend.

Where-are-the-women.jpg

How can this be? I thought Trump is also advertised as a mad man. Germany is still the only country that can defend you from the Muslim goons of the newly globalized new world order. If you learn German, then you are rewarded greatly, and to your salvation, that you don't have to learn the Arabic tongue of Merkel's new boyfriend.

Are you German? (I am just curious)

US Speeds Afghanistan’s Pivot to India

In Foreign Policy Magazine last November, I highlighted that Ashraf Ghani’s administration was attempting to pull out Hamid Karzai’s playbook on India, utilizing relations with India to push Pakistan into action against the Taliban and future peace negotiations. In both cases, Afghanistan gained halfhearted attempts by Pakistan to bring the Taliban to negotiations.

In November last year, Afghanistan received four Mi-25 gunships from India; the military package sent a signal to Pakistan. Feeling pressure from the international community, Pakistan agreed to participate in the first meeting of the Quadrilateral Coordination Group (QCG) of Afghanistan, China, Pakistan, and the United States on Afghan peace and reconciliation, which took place in January.

After several meetings of the QGC and no results it appeared Pakistan was not serious about bringing the resurgent Taliban to the table. The April 2016 bombing of an elite Afghan intelligence unit in Kabul, which killed 28 and wounded over 300, sent a signal that Pakistan was not concerned with peace — shattering hopes of any reconciliation in the region.

US Speeds Afghanistan’s Pivot to India

sheeeesh------India is handing weapons of war to Pakistan-=
<<<<<<<<<<<MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another General that does not want to see his little bit of power go away! He just wants more power so of course he asks for more troops

We need another Misr Diwan Chand or Dewan Mokham Chand from the Indian side to tame these Afghan dogs.

HUH??? the neuromuscular quack? (I googled)

Two Hindu military commanders who subjugated the Afghans in the 19th century.

oh-----history-----the sordid history of the MOGHUL EMPIRE.
they probably had SIKH HELP

No, not the Mughal empire....the Afghan Duranni empire. The Mughal empire was conquered by the Marathas a century prior.

By Sikh help, they had a large contingent fighting for then like loyal dogs...yea. Lol. But ultimately... credit is attributed to the rulers/commanders.

We need another Misr Diwan Chand or Dewan Mokham Chand from the Indian side to tame these Afghan dogs.

HUH??? the neuromuscular quack? (I googled)

Two Hindu military commanders who subjugated the Afghans in the 19th century.

oh-----history-----the sordid history of the MOGHUL EMPIRE.
they probably had SIKH HELP

No, not the Mughal empire....the Afghan Duranni empire. The Mughal empire was conquered by the Marathas a century prior.

By Sikh help, they had a large contingent fighting for then like loyal dogs...yea. Lol. But ultimately... credit is attributed to the rulers/commanders.

"credit"??? ROFLMAO @ "credit"------the thugs claim
"credit"

Forum List

Back