US EXPELS 35 Russian diplomats, closes two compounds.

Why in the world would China want NK to put a military move on the US or our allies in the region? China's trade with the NK amounts to only about .5 billion dollars while trade with the US and it's allies in the region, South Korea and Japan amounts to more than a trillion dollars. The US, South Korea, and Japan are China's largest trading partners. Any military move NK might make in the area could serious damage the Chinese economy.
. Do you understand the word PROXY ? Yes you do. It means someone does things on your behalf, but the targeted victim doesn't connect the needed dots in order to put the puzzle together afterwards.
Yes, I'm not sure you do.
Proxy

1. the authority to represent someone else, especially in voting.
    "they may register to vote by proxy"
    synonyms: deputy, representative, substitute, delegate, agent, surrogate, stand-in, attorney, go-between
    "I am here to vote as Mrs. Carlson's proxy"
  2. a figure that can be used to represent the value of something in a calculation.
. I'll use a different but allowed interpretation of this as well, and I will take one or a few of the words listed above, and keep them in context as well. Let's just use Iran for example, and let's apply the definition to how it uses proxies, surrogates, go betweens, agents, and substitutes that keep them from directly being charged or associated with the bad things that it advocates, wants or uses to project it's interest or ideals in the world.
Are you saying you believe N.K. may act as a surrogate for China? If so, in what way? I can't think of anything N.K. could actually do other than attack South Korea, Japan or the US. N.K. launching a military attack on China's three largest trading partners and dragging them into a conflict that would destroy the Chinese economy would hardly be of benefit to China.
. Regardless of trade with anyone, nations still are sovereign and powerful. They are always seeking more power, a bigger stake in the world, a plan to protect their people's economies, and their cultures in which make up the fabric of their lifestyles, cultures, identities, and their ideologies. These things can be threatened in many ways, and if you think trade is more important than what nations hold as sovereign and sacred unto them, then you are Looney Tunes.
You're still not answering the key question. Why would China want to use the NK as a surrogate in a military action. It really doesn't make sense. China has a mutual defense treaty with the NK so any military action against NK would compel them to act. A military action by NK, would bring China in against it's key economic partners.

. Do you understand the word PROXY ? Yes you do. It means someone does things on your behalf, but the targeted victim doesn't connect the needed dots in order to put the puzzle together afterwards.
Proxy

synonyms: deputy, representative, substitute, delegate, agent, surrogate, stand-in, attorney, go-between
  2. a figure that can be used to represent the value of something in a calculation.
. I'll use a different but allowed interpretation of this as well, and I will take one or a few of the words listed above, and keep them in context as well. Let's just use Iran for example, and let's apply the definition to how it uses proxies, surrogates, go betweens, agents, and substitutes that keep them from directly being charged or associated with the bad things that it advocates, wants or uses to project it's interest or ideals in the world.
Are you saying you believe N.K. may act as a surrogate for China? If so, in what way? I can't think of anything N.K. could actually do other than attack South Korea, Japan or the US. N.K. launching a military attack on China's three largest trading partners and dragging them into a conflict that would destroy the Chinese economy would hardly be of benefit to China.
. Regardless of trade with anyone, nations still are sovereign and powerful. They are always seeking more power, a bigger stake in the world, a plan to protect their people's economies, and their cultures in which make up the fabric of their lifestyles, cultures, identities, and their ideologies. These things can be threatened in many ways, and if you think trade is more important than what nations hold as sovereign and sacred unto them, then you are Looney Tunes.
You're still not answering the key question. Why would China want to use the NK as a surrogate in a military action. It really doesn't make sense. China has a mutual defense treaty with the NK so any military action against NK would compel them to act. A military action by NK, would bring China in against it's key economic partners.
. Makes a lot of sense all depending, where as if you become threatened or embarrased upon the world stage, and you don't want to act out directly on it, then you get a surrogate to act out for you. How do we know the truth about the connections any of these players have in total
or behind the scenes together ? We don't know everything sadly enough.

Proxy

. Makes a lot of sense all depending, where as if you become threatened or embarrased upon the world stage, and you don't want to act out directly on it, then you get a surrogate to act out for you. How do we know the truth about the connections any of these players have in total
or behind the scenes together ? We don't know everything sadly enough.
I think we can be pretty sure that China who has a mutual defense treaty with NK, doesn't want to be drug into a war with it's major trading partners.

Forum List

Back