US Employment Numbers Going up

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
How will this affect trade negotiations and rates of internal migration? This thread is really that simple. My first take is that it buys Trump a lot of time on virtually all fronts but especially the shutdown. Beyond that I am uncertain what this data means economically and politically.

I bet it means govt took in record revenue again.
I bet the deficit skyrocketed
Thanks Obama.....interest thru the roof ...
Yeah Trump’s record breaking budget proposals had nothing to do with it
10 trillion de added under Obama with zirp .....now crushing the budget ......I'm sure Nancy will fix it though ....lllmmaaooo
Reagan tripled the debt and he’s your hero. Trump is on pace to add more to the deficit than Obama did and he’s your hero. Obama at least had an economy to rescue and the added deficit went down every year. Trump is adding to the deficit just for the hell of it and you love it.

How will this affect trade negotiations and rates of internal migration? This thread is really that simple. My first take is that it buys Trump a lot of time on virtually all fronts but especially the shutdown. Beyond that I am uncertain what this data means economically and politically.

IMO, the Establishment Survey is overrated. You can never be sure how much the goofy Birth Death model is factored into it (even though they tell you what that number supposedly is).
Also, the Household Survey (which I put more stock in) showed only 142,000 more people employed.

Table A-9. Selected employment indicators

And the Employment-Population Ratio number (something I find far more reliable than the joke U-3 - which rose 0.2% BTW) didn't budge.

Employment–population ratio

Plus, Challenger reported HUGE job layoffs for December - especially in Construction.

2018 Challenger Report: Annual Total Up 29 Percent, Highest Since 2015

The best news - to me - was the large, average hourly earnings increase.

And that was the ONLY REAL good news in the report.

So, overall, I would call it a mixed bag. Not bad. Not great. Decent.
But the MSM media ignores the details and just looks at the U-3, the Establishment job growth (seasonally adjusted, of course) and the income difference.
Which just shows how clueless/basic they are on this.

Great news! But Putin is disapointed in his Boy. I guess trump will have to double down on efforts to crash the US economy...

I bet it means govt took in record revenue again.
10 trillion de added under Obama with zirp .....now crushing the budget ......I'm sure Nancy will fix it though ....lllmmaaooo
Reagan tripled the debt and he’s your hero. Trump is on pace to add more to the deficit than Obama did and he’s your hero. Obama at least had an economy to rescue and the added deficit went down every year. Trump is adding to the deficit just for the hell of it and you love it.
Nothing but talking points .

Nothing but talking points .
As long as we’re clear you’re fine with Trump’s deficits outpacing Obama’s

This will drive Pelosi insane. The only thing worse for the Ds would be building the Wall with private financing that never goes through DC

Forum List

Back