US Economy: Consumer Prices Up 5%, 17-Year High

Manuel

Jan 7, 2008
Sydney
U.S. consumer prices surged 5 percent in the past year, the biggest jump since 1991, just as households struggled with falling home values and the credit crunch.

Spiraling expenses for food and fuel spurred the increase in June, the Labor Department said today in Washington. The cost of living rose 1.1 percent from May, more than forecast and the second-largest rise since 1982. Separate figures showed industrial production rose more than estimated because of the end of a strike at American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. and increased electricity output. ´

Bloomberg.com: Economy

They're up higher than 5%.

Does anyone really need the government to spoon feed us their skewed numbers, when you can just go out and shop, and find out for yourself how much higher the prices are?

They're up higher than 5%.

Does anyone really need the government to spoon feed us their skewed numbers, when you can just go out and shop, and find out for yourself how much higher the prices are?

Inflation is an invisible tax. Bush increased taxes by the largest amount in history with his deficit spending which created this inflation. Now the chickens are coming home to roost. Stupid Republicans.

Inflation is an invisible tax. Bush increased taxes by the largest amount in history with his deficit spending which created this inflation. Now the chickens are coming home to roost. Stupid Republicans.

No, stupid you for thinking it has anything to do with any one party.

Reagan and Bush are responsible for 90% of the National Debt....

ReaganBushDebt.org

I'll be the first one to lay blame on a president for signing a deficit budget into law, but you can't stick the president with all the blame and let congress skate. Reagan had a dem congress, btw.

I think we're going to start worrying about deflation soon.

You know, I kind of do too, but what's that going to accomplish? Kill us all here at home so our Dollar holders overseas don't feel compelled to send those Dollars back here?

The only way that would be a good idea, is if they just do it, get it over with, get the pain over with here at home, and NEVER DO THAT KIND OF SHIT AGAIN. Deflate the supply, and start treating the Dollar properly.

Of course, what good would ANY of it do if we're still going to be nation building?

I think we're going to start worrying about deflation soon.

You know, I kind of do too, but what's that going to accomplish? Kill us all here at home so our Dollar holders overseas don't feel compelled to send those Dollars back here?

The only way that would be a good idea, is if they just do it, get it over with, get the pain over with here at home, and NEVER DO THAT KIND OF SHIT AGAIN. Deflate the supply, and start treating the Dollar properly.

Of course, what good would ANY of it do if we're still going to be nation building?

Paulie, there you go again with irrational comments. Any time the FED buys our bonds and notes from overseas countries we are decreasing the interest payments that we are making. That is a good thing. You simply do not have enough intelligence to understand why.

Forum List

Back