US earmarks $235 million for Israel's defense systems

They made their own way before Israel. Why wouldn't they be able to do it again?
:lol: :clap2:

Historian Sir Martin Gilbert, Official Biographer of Winston Churchill
I cannot stress enough the importance of the few days Churchill spent throughout Palestine in 1921. The contrast between the extraordinary negative points of view put forth by the Palestinian Arabs and the equally positive ones put forth by the Zionists struck him enormously. Churchill didn't like negativism and he couldn't comprehend why the Palestinian Arabs were being so negative. It's quite curious. If you have a look at what the Palestinian Arabs told him, you'll find that three or four are actually in the Hamas Charter today, such as the world Jewish conspiracy and so on and so forth. That said, the Palestinian Arabs just made a bad impression on him and subsequently, he became very negative toward them; in modern terms, almost racist. When Churchill spoke to the Palestinian Arabs, he actually said to them, 'You've got to help the Zionists. They're people of quality and inasmuch as they'll succeed, you'll succeed. Without them you won't succeed.'

A British missionary who lived in Beirut and visited Palestine in 1859 described the southern coastal area as "a very ocean of wheat," and the British Consul in Jerusalem, James Finn, reported that "the fields would do credit to British farming."(5)

The German geographer Alexander Scholch concluded that between 1856 and 1882 "Palestine produced a relatively large agricultural surplus which was marketed in neighboring countries, such as Egypt and Lebanon, and increasingly exported to Europe. These exports included wheat, barley, dura, maise, sesame, olive oil, soap, oranges, vegetables and cotton. Among the European importers of Palestinian produce were France, England, Turkey, Greece, Italy and Malta."(6)

Lawrence Oliphant, who visited Palestine in 1887, wrote that Palestine's Valley of Esdraelon was "a huge green lake of waving wheat, with its village-crowned mounds rising from it like islands; and it presents one of the most striking pictures of luxuriant fertility which it is possible to conceive."(7) This Palestinian wheat had historically played an important part in international commerce. According to Paul Masson, a French economic historian, "wheat shipments from the Palestinian port of Acre had helped to save southern France from famine on numerous occasions in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries."(8)

Agricultural techniques in Palestine, especially in citriculture, were among the most advanced in the world long before the first Zionist settlers came to its shores. In 1856, the American consul in Jerusalem, Henry Gillman, "outlined reasons why orange growers in Florida would find it advantageous to adopt Palestinian techniques of grafting directly onto lemon trees."^ In 1893, the British Consul advised his government of the value of importing "young trees procured from Jaffa" to improve production in Australia and South Africa.(10)

All of this historical evidence from unimpeachable eyewitnesses destroys Israel's contention that it developed Palestine through its colonization. The legend that the Zionists have created, that they made "the desert bloom with roses," is totally without foundation. It is a ploy to gain donations from naive Jews throughout the world and to help extort economic aid from the American Congress. The economic achievements of Israel today are built totally on the capital base of lands, property and possessions usurped from the Palestinian Arabs.

Chapter 2: Encyclopedia of the Palestine Problem
:bsflag:

New York Times
As a researcher and collector of historical source material, Mr. Gilbert has no peer among
contemporary historians.”

The Righteous | Martin Gilbert | Macmillan

I cannot stress enough the importance of the few days Churchill spent throughout Palestine in 1921. The contrast between the extraordinary negative points of view put forth by the Palestinian Arabs and the equally positive ones put forth by the Zionists struck him enormously. Churchill didn't like negativism and he couldn't comprehend why the Palestinian Arabs were being so negative. It's quite curious. If you have a look at what the Palestinian Arabs told him, you'll find that three or four are actually in the Hamas Charter today, such as the world Jewish conspiracy and so on and so forth. That said, the Palestinian Arabs just made a bad impression on him and subsequently, he became very negative toward them; in modern terms, almost racist. When Churchill spoke to the Palestinian Arabs, he actually said to them, 'You've got to help the Zionists. They're people of quality and inasmuch as they'll succeed, you'll succeed. Without them you won't succeed.'

How are they supposed to do that? how can they sustain themselves if the hand outs stop coming in?

They made their own way before Israel. Why wouldn't they be able to do it again?

That doesn't answer my question, the Palestinian territories have basically been on welfare for decades, if they were granted their own country today what would it look like? how would it sustain itself? what would happen if the charity and welfare was cut off? would it resemble a barren desolate no mands land like Chad or Niger?

That doesn't answer my question, the Palestinian territories have basically been on welfare for decades,

Yeah, since Israel. They did good before Israel.

That doesn't answer my question, the Palestinian territories have basically been on welfare for decades, if they were granted their own country today what would it look like? how would it sustain itself? what would happen if the charity and welfare was cut off? would it resemble a barren desolate no mands land like Chad or Niger?

That doesn't answer my question, the Palestinian territories have basically been on welfare for decades,

Yeah, since Israel. They did good before Israel.
:lol:

John F. Kennedy...
When the first Zionist conference met in 1897, Palestine was a neglected wasteland

I first saw Palestine in 1939. There the neglect and ruin left by centuries of Ottoman [Muslim] misrule were slowly being transformed by miracles of [Jewish] labor and sacrifice. But Palestine was still a land of promise in 1939, rather than a land of fulfillment. I returned in 1951 to see the grandeur of Israel

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjEBQ_bE7uA&feature=related]Palestine Pre-1947 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjm75t58c-Q&feature=related]Palestine - The True Story - YouTube[/ame]

The Romans called Israel "Palestine" during the Roman Empire The invented Palestinians never invented Palestine. Palestine does not appear in the Hebrew Bible, Christian Bible or Quran

Biblical Historian and Scholar Dr. Paula Fredriksen, Ph.D, History of Religion, Princeton University, Diploma in Theology, Oxford University
The Judean revolt against Rome was led by [Jewish messiah] Bar Kochba in 132-135 CE. The immediate causes of this rebellion are obscure. Its result was not: [Roman Emperor] Hadrian crushed the revolt and banned Jews from Judea.

The Romans now designated this territory by a political neologism, "Palestine" [a Latin form of "Philistine"], in a deliberate effort to denationalize Jewish/Judean territory. And, finally, Hadrian eradicated Jewish Jerusalem, erecting upon its ruins a new pagan city, Aelia Capitolina.

Augustine and the Jews: A Christian ... - Paula Fredriksen - Google Books

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xrnw-yIc9w]The True History of Palestine - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
How about the Palestinians stop focusing on vengeance on the Israelis so much and start earning their own money, do they expect to get by on hand outs forever?

They want Israel to get out of the way so they can go back to making their own living.

How are they supposed to do that? how can they sustain themselves if the hand outs stop coming in?

They'll be able to make good money using the greenhouses the Israelis left in Gaza.

settlers_greenhouse_01.jpg

Ooops.

They want Israel to get out of the way so they can go back to making their own living.

They'll be able to make good money using the greenhouses the Israelis left in Gaza.

Ooops.

JERUSALEM – After months of intense negotiations recently culminating in a deal allowing for the transfer of Gaza's high-tech Jewish greenhouses to the Palestinians, several former Jewish residents who briefly returned to their farms told WND they were shocked to find most of their produce has died because Israel turned off the water in the area.

"I couldn't believe it. Almost all of my crops are dead, and the rest is dying," Anita Tucker, one of the pioneer farmers of Jewish Gaza told WND. "I hope the Palestinians aren't expecting fresh produce. ... A fortune in crops is now all gone."

Read more: Israel shuts off water, dries Gaza greenhouses Israel shuts off water, dries Gaza greenhouses

Palestinians: Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death :lol:

Historian Bernard Lewis :lol:
If the peoples of the Middle East continue on their present path, the suicide bomber may become a metaphor for the whole region, and there will be no escape from a downward spiral of hate and spite, rage and self-pity, poverty and oppression.

Historian Sir Martin Gilbert, Official Biographer of Winston Churchill :clap2:

Massachussets Institute of Technology [MIT] :clap2:
As a world leader in science and technology, Israel excels in such areas as genetics, medicine, agriculture, computer sciences, electronics, optics, and engineering. Scientists at Israeli universities such as Bar Ilan University, Ben Gurion University, Haifa University, Hebrew University, The Technion--Israel Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University and the Weizmann Institute of Science are pioneers in areas such as stem cell-based tissue engineering, nanotechnology, high-resolution electron microscopy, and solar energy. Israeli companies have developed such diverse products as the first anti-virus package, technologies that allow you to leave voice mail on mobile phones, and stents that save lives by keeping the arteries to the heart open.
MISTI MIT-Israel

“Whatever became of the settlement lands? Such lost opportunities! The land has returned and what waste”, we hear time and again from Zionist apologists and their kind. “If only Gazans would make a life for themselves rather than blaming their problems on others!”

Leaving aside the obvious question of how a territory and its people whose every marker of sovereignty is effectively controlled by an occupying power that nevertheless refuses to recognize its responsibility as an occupier can “build a state” and “make a life”, the Gaza government has actually been doing some pretty impressive things.

On Thursday, I had the opportunity to tour “mu7ararat Gaza”-the liberated lands of Gaza, i.e. the former settlements.

greenhouse-300x199.jpg

dates-300x199.jpg

Gaza Mom » Gaza; settlements; Israel; Hamas; agriculture

Whatever became of the settlement lands?

You mean Israel.

Massachussets Institute of Technology [MIT] :clap2:
As a world leader in science and technology, Israel excels in such areas as genetics, medicine, agriculture, computer sciences, electronics, optics, and engineering. Scientists at Israeli universities such as Bar Ilan University, Ben Gurion University, Haifa University, Hebrew University, The Technion--Israel Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University and the Weizmann Institute of Science are pioneers in areas such as stem cell-based tissue engineering, nanotechnology, high-resolution electron microscopy, and solar energy. Israeli companies have developed such diverse products as the first anti-virus package, technologies that allow you to leave voice mail on mobile phones, and stents that save lives by keeping the arteries to the heart open.
MISTI MIT-Israel

Ooops.

JERUSALEM – After months of intense negotiations recently culminating in a deal allowing for the transfer of Gaza's high-tech Jewish greenhouses to the Palestinians, several former Jewish residents who briefly returned to their farms told WND they were shocked to find most of their produce has died because Israel turned off the water in the area.

"I couldn't believe it. Almost all of my crops are dead, and the rest is dying," Anita Tucker, one of the pioneer farmers of Jewish Gaza told WND. "I hope the Palestinians aren't expecting fresh produce. ... A fortune in crops is now all gone."

Read more: Israel shuts off water, dries Gaza greenhouses Israel shuts off water, dries Gaza greenhouses

050913_gazaloot_hmed_7p.grid-6x2.jpg

After the "Palestinians" stole all the water pumps, I wonder why the crops died?

Looters strip Gaza greenhouses - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - msnbc.com

Palestinian police stood by helplessly Tuesday as looters carted off materials from greenhouses in several settlements, and commanders complained they did not have enough manpower to protect the prized assets. In some instances, there was no security and in others, police even joined the looters, witnesses said.

“We need at least another 70 soldiers. This is just a joke,” said Taysir Haddad, one of 22 security guards assigned to Neve Dekalim, formerly the largest Jewish settlement in Gaza. “We’ve tried to stop as many people as we can, but they’re like locusts.”

The failure of the security forces to prevent scavenging and looting in the settlements after Israel’s troop pullout Monday raised new concerns about Gaza’s future.

Wow, it took them a whole day to destroy greenhouses worth millions. Good job!

And Israel is the cause of all of it.

Before Israel, Palestine was self sufficient. Now we have two countries on welfare.

Good plan.:cuckoo:

Without international aid the Palestinians would be a desolate no mans land like Eritrea or Chad.

The israeli blockade has nothing to do w/ this situation? :eusa_whistle:

This blockade, stooge?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKcWYHUZMks]carino's Gaza - YouTube[/ame]

Ooops.

After the "Palestinians" stole all the water pumps, I wonder why the crops died?

Palestinian police stood by helplessly Tuesday as looters carted off materials from greenhouses in several settlements, and commanders complained they did not have enough manpower to protect the prized assets. In some instances, there was no security and in others, police even joined the looters, witnesses said.

“We need at least another 70 soldiers. This is just a joke,” said Taysir Haddad, one of 22 security guards assigned to Neve Dekalim, formerly the largest Jewish settlement in Gaza. “We’ve tried to stop as many people as we can, but they’re like locusts.”

The failure of the security forces to prevent scavenging and looting in the settlements after Israel’s troop pullout Monday raised new concerns about Gaza’s future.

The Palestinians used those parts to repair their greenhouses that Israel bulldozed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3JI-axaRF4]Rachel Corrie - Interview - YouTube[/ame]

And Israel is the cause of all of it.

Before Israel, Palestine was self sufficient. Now we have two countries on welfare.

Good plan.:cuckoo:

Without international aid the Palestinians would be a desolate no mans land like Eritrea or Chad.

The israeli blockade has nothing to do w/ this situation? :eusa_whistle:

This blockade, stooge?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_puiuvWHQ4]Roots The Club - YouTube[/ame]

The Palestinians used those parts to repair their greenhouses that Israel bulldozed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3JI-axaRF4]Rachel Corrie - Interview - YouTube[/ame]

Great idea! Tear down the modern, multimillion dollar greenhouses to repair the crappy ones.

Your Arab terrorist buddies aren't too bright, are they?

Boo fucking hoo, loser.

Salim Mansur: Don't Blame Israel for Arab Failures. Don't blame Israel for Arab failures | Columnists | Opinion | Toronto Sun

"Palestinians Are An Integral Part Of This Dysfunctional Arab World"
Israel is merely a dot relative to the Arab world, and yet made responsible, in the logic of the anti-Zionist bigots, for the problems of the Middle East and the inability of the Arab-Muslim culture to deal with the challenges of the modern world.

Consider the following: The Arab world, excluding Iran and Turkey, is comprised of 22 countries stretching from the Gulf to the Atlantic Ocean with a total area around 13 million sq. km and a population of nearly 350 million. In terms of territorial size, only Russia is larger than the Arab world at 17 million sq. km.

Israel is barely 22,000 sq. km, or about three times the size of New York City, with a population of 7.5 million of which 20% are Israeli Arabs.

An objective consideration of the huge disparity in size and population between the Arab world and Israel should dispel the drivel the world has been fed that Arabs are the "underdog" in a colonial struggle against Jews as a colonizing people.

The reverse disparity between Israelis and Arabs is the tremendous human achievement of the former as free people, and the contrast when measured against the sullen reality of the Arab world just about at the bottom of the UN human development index despite the resources available.

But here, too, Arabs, Muslims and their apologists in the West will fault Israelis for the collective failure of the Arab world.

It is as if the plight of Palestinian "occupation" by Israelis explains the Sudanese civil wars and genocide in Darfur, or the savage killings inside Algeria, or the long list of atrocities, gender oppression, humiliation of religious minorities, wars, military dictatorships, and with no end in sight of violence and murder in the name of Islam across the Arab world.

It is sheer absurdity to hold Israelis responsible for the utterly dysfunctional nature of the Arab world.

Palestinians are an integral part of this dysfunctional world, and their politics reflect, in a heightened sense, the problems the rest of the world seeks to avoid discussing for fear of being denounced as politically incorrect.

Israel is a very small country packed with immensely talented people.

Their story is a gift to the Arab-Muslim world as it is to be found in the Qur'an if only Arabs and Muslims understood either.

Forum List

Back