US drone shot down over Iran nuke site

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
Reports: US drone shot down over Iran nuke site - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Iran - msnbc.com

Lawmaker claims unmanned spy plane was gathering information about the plant

A U.S. drone was shot down while flying over a nuclear facility in Iran, according to reports in the Iranian media.

Iran's Fars news agency reported that lawmaker Ali Aqazadeh Dafsari, a member of the parliament's National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, had confirmed the unmanned spy plane was flying near the Fordo nuclear enrichment plant in Qom province when it was brought down by Revolutionary Guard soldiers.

Dafsari told Fars that the drone was trying to gather information about the nuclear facility for the CIA. Not that I doubt it. But how would he know?

Fars also said Iranian military officials had claimed to have shot down "several enemy drones" in January.

"We have experienced similar incidents many times in the past and there have even been drones belonging to the occupying Zionist regime (Israel), the United States and Britain which have been shot down in the Persian Gulf during the past 7 years," Fars quoted a senior military official as saying at the time.

This is a little disapointing. If it was there from the CIA. Why? What ever happened to using spies?

And don't our drones use stealth tech?

From what I understand, the drones are equiped with self destruct technology that is activated once there is either an unintentional lost of "lift" or "engine"...and this technology eliminates all indications of origin...and of course destroys all technology.

To identify it as a US drone is propoganda...and/or assumption.

All they were able to recover were burnt pieces of balsa wood, burnt out circuit boards...... with no identifying markings.

1) Who believes the Iranians??
2) If it is somehow true... we lose a drone, they should lose an air force base... just sayin'

That makes no sense. If we shot down an Iranian spy plane, and they responded by bombing one of our air force bases, we'd no doubt freak out, and probably end up at war. Such escalation is stupid.

they have the right to shoot down any unauthorized aircraft in their airspace....just as we do. No reason to antagonize them by reatilaiting for shooting down a spy plane.
Besides...doing such will be us admitting that it was our spy drone...something I am sure we will not want to admit

Iranian tech.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTIoezhRS3g]‪Iran unveils 'Bavar 2' stealth flying boat with machine gun and camera - 28 Sept. 2010‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

2) If it is somehow true... we lose a drone, they should lose an air force base... just sayin'

That makes no sense. If we shot down an Iranian spy plane, and they responded by bombing one of our air force bases, we'd no doubt freak out, and probably end up at war. Such escalation is stupid.

they have the right to shoot down any unauthorized aircraft in their airspace....just as we do. No reason to antagonize them by reatilaiting for shooting down a spy plane.
Besides...doing such will be us admitting that it was our spy drone...something I am sure we will not want to admit

I would.

Think about it.

We got a plane 'over' thier nuke sites before they shot it down. We, and they, now know we can blow that site at will.

The Iranians would NEVER lie about something like this. They don't believe in using propaganda against the west and against Israel to further their own long-term military plans.

And, of course, it's Israel and the USA who are the liars and war-mongers.

:cuckoo::doubt:

First of all, this is the Iran media reporting. A couple years ago they reported that they had shot down a US military jet.

Nope. They didn't. No surprise, either.

Secondly, IF they did shoot down a drone, they know shit about it. Ours (and some others) self-destruct and destroy any data and identifying info whenever their path differs a certain amount from the expected path.

I would.

Think about it.

We got a plane 'over' thier nuke sites before they shot it down. We, and they, now know we can blow that site at will.
Yes....and they and we know the truth...but it doesnt mean we should admit it to the rest of the world.
Best they scream and cry...while admiotting they are defenseless....while we sit by and let them look foolish....knowing we can easily break their security measures.

First of all, this is the Iran media reporting. A couple years ago they reported that they had shot down a US military jet.

Secondly, IF they did shoot down a drone, they know shit about it. Ours (and some others) self-destruct and destroy any data and identifying info whenever their path differs a certain amount from the expected path.

irregular loss of wing lift or engine failure and it becomes confetti.

irregular loss of wing lift or engine failure and it becomes confetti.
Indeed. ;)

We are trying to prevent a terrorist supporting rogue nation from obtaining nuke technology... which would be in some way used in aggression against us or our allies... I am all for preventing such things...

And let Iran try your alternative scenario... I'd love to see it a smoldering crater

Forum List

Back