US defends Israeli attacks on Gaza at UN

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
Arab nations demanded the UN Security Council condemn Israel's deadly attacks on Gaza at an emergency meeting late on Wednesday, but the United States strongly defended Israel's military strikes.

Egypt and other Arab states called for the emergency meeting after Israel staged more than 20 air strikes on the besieged Palestinian territory, killing Hamas military commander Ahmed Jaabari.

The 15-nation council did not condemn either side after the 90 minute meeting. Hardeep Singh Puri, India's UN envoy and Security Council president, said: "All the statements that I heard resonated with one message - that the violence has to stop, there has to be de-escalation."

Arab nations wanted the council "to condemn that barbaric attack" by Israel and "send a strong message to call for a cessation of hostilities", said Sudan's UN envoy Daffa-Alla Elhag Ali Osman, chairperson of the Arab bloc at the UN.

The United States strongly defended the actions of its key Middle East ally however.

Highlighting Israel's claim that at least 768 rockets have been fired from Gaza this year, US ambassador Susan Rice told the council: "Israel, like any nation, has the right to defend itself against such vicious attacks.
Refreshing News: US defends Israeli attacks on Gaza at UN

Would that Mean the Nation of Syria has that same right,the right to defend itself against such vicious attacks, by the foreign-backed rebels ?

Last edited:
Arab nations demanded the UN Security Council condemn Israel's deadly attacks on Gaza at an emergency meeting late on Wednesday, but the United States strongly defended Israel's military strikes.

Egypt and other Arab states called for the emergency meeting after Israel staged more than 20 air strikes on the besieged Palestinian territory, killing Hamas military commander Ahmed Jaabari.

The 15-nation council did not condemn either side after the 90 minute meeting. Hardeep Singh Puri, India's UN envoy and Security Council president, said: "All the statements that I heard resonated with one message - that the violence has to stop, there has to be de-escalation."

Arab nations wanted the council "to condemn that barbaric attack" by Israel and "send a strong message to call for a cessation of hostilities", said Sudan's UN envoy Daffa-Alla Elhag Ali Osman, chairperson of the Arab bloc at the UN.

The United States strongly defended the actions of its key Middle East ally however.

Highlighting Israel's claim that at least 768 rockets have been fired from Gaza this year, US ambassador Susan Rice told the council: "Israel, like any nation, has the right to defend itself against such vicious attacks.

Would that Mean the Nation of Syria has that same right,the right to defend itself against such vicious attacks?

Perhaps it was the fact that the press release in question made no mention of the 451 rocket and mortar attacks launched at Israel in the first ten months of 2012 or the 1,000 rockets launched at Israel in the last few days that caused the US objection.

The Arab attitude is, of course, "Phfffft! We were only aiming at Jews; what's wrong with that?"

What could Obama possibly be thinking to object to that kind of reasoning?

Of course..... Israel could be as guilty as Jerry Sandusky but the
US would still defend Israel as being righteous.
After all, we have the best politicians money can buy and AIPAC did just that.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Of course..... Israel could be as guilty as Jerry Sandusky but the
US would still defend Israel as being righteous.
After all, we have the best politicians money can buy and AIPAC did just that.

Simple minded racist bullshit about Jews and money. AIPAC makes no political contributions and no political endorsements. Polls consistently show US voters overwhelmingly support Israel over the Palestinian Arabs and AIPAC's influence come from providing a venue in which US politicians can show their constituents that they also support Israel.

Would that Mean the Nation of Syria has that same right,the right to defend itself against such vicious attacks, by the foreign-backed rebels ?

so Gazans firing rockets across a border into Israel are rebels? Are you saying that they are Israeli citizens?

AIPAC makes no political contributions and no political endorsements.
You seriously believe that? You can actually give that answer in with a straight face?

Polls consistently show US voters overwhelmingly support Israel over the Palestinian Arabs and AIPAC's influence come from providing a venue in which US politicians can show their constituents that they also support Israel.

What do the polls show about US foriegn aid to the middle East?
What do the polls show about US intervention in the middle East?
What do the polls show about US Troops fighting for Israel in the middle East?

Polls can be skewed for the answer you want just by the wording of the question.

AIPAC makes no political contributions and no political endorsements.
You seriously believe that? You can actually give that answer in with a straight face?

Polls consistently show US voters overwhelmingly support Israel over the Palestinian Arabs and AIPAC's influence come from providing a venue in which US politicians can show their constituents that they also support Israel.

What do the polls show about US foriegn aid to the middle East?
What do the polls show about US intervention in the middle East?
What do the polls show about US Troops fighting for Israel in the middle East?

Polls can be skewed for the answer you want just by the wording of the question.

In other words, you don't need no stinkin' facts.

• Banned
so Gazans firing rockets across a border into Israel are rebels? Are you saying that they are Israeli citizens?

As you point out there is a border, israel controls that border and is enforcing a blockade, so that no one can go in or out, Palestinians are in their right to fight back against the aggressor

As you point out there is a border, israel controls that border and is enforcing a blockade, so that no one can go in or out, Palestinians are in their right to fight back against the aggressor

so, A. you accept that the analogy to rebels in Syria fails on its face and B. you ignore that 7 miles of the border is controlled by Egypt and no one is firing rockets in that direction.

I bet you support freeing Jonathan Pollard too.
The Fact is The U.S. is providing Israel with at least $8.5 million each day in military aid during Fiscal Year 2012.
Let that sink in and I will say it again
The Fact is the US gives Israel $8.5 million each day in military aid during Fiscal Year 2012
$8.5 Million a Day to Israel instead of Seaside Heights
$8.5 Million a Day to Israel instead of Staten Island

What is more important to you......
Israel or the United States.

Seems your first priority is Israel

The Fact is The U.S. is providing Israel with at least $8.5 million each day in military aid during Fiscal Year 2012.
The Fact is the US gives Israel $8.5 million each day in military aid during Fiscal Year 2012

US policy toward Israel is based on the fact that US voters overwhelmingly support Israel and your racist slurs about Jews and money effecting US policy are without any basis in fact.

Apparently you don't like Jews or democracy.

US policy toward Israel is based on the fact that US voters overwhelmingly support Israel and your racist slurs about Jews and money effecting US policy are without any basis in fact.

Apparently you prefer israel over the United States

Of course..... Israel could be as guilty as Jerry Sandusky but the US would still defend Israel as being righteous. After all, we have the best politicians money can buy and AIPAC did just that.
Arab-muslim failure to get the US to fight their wars with Israel produces such excuses, of course.

The bills have not yet been calculated for SANDY------now tell us how much THE US SPENDS ON HOMELAND SECURITY (a euphemism for 'combatting
the filth of isalmo nazi pig terrorism)

all those in favor of ASSESSING MOSQUES for the costs of the INCREASED SECURITY that the city of new york has ordered for all synagogues for the
duration------please say "AYE" jews are tired of paying for your filth----
CHILDREN OF THE RAPIST PIG ----although you do provide a bit of
extra income for the SIKHS of the city-----they like guarding
synagogues. I did once observe one----put his hand on the
hilt of his gun------as he carefully scrutinized a passing small truck.
he seemed a bit UP BEAT about it

Apparently you prefer israel over the United States

Apparently you're incapable of rational thought.

I did notice you did not answer my questions as to what is more important to you Israel or the US.
You want facts.... Do a Search for AIPAC and Foreign Agent....
Then tell me how if you are still interested in facts.

I did notice you did not answer my questions as to what is more important to you Israel or the US.
You want facts.... Do a Search for AIPAC and Foreign Agent....
Then tell me how if you are still interested in facts.

Who are you to question anyone else's loyalty after expressing so much contempt for American democracy and the character and intelligence of the American people? You are precisely what America stands against in its better moments.

Who are you to question anyone else's loyalty after expressing so much contempt for American democracy and the character and intelligence of the American people? You are precisely what America stands against in its better moments.

At this point in time I doubt that you are even an American Citizen.
Since I am an American Citizen I tend to put what is good for America first.
Which by your blind loyalty to Israel prevents you from doing.
Start calling names only after you have answered my previous questions.

At this point in time I doubt that you are even an American Citizen.
Since I am an American Citizen I tend to put what is good for America first.
Which by your blind loyalty to Israel prevents you from doing.
Start calling names only after you have answered my previous questions.

75 percent of military aid to Israel must be spent in the US and this provides jobs to workers in over 1000 companies. It seems like sending this money actually does put American jobs first. If we were to eliminate it, wouldn't that cost US workers their jobs?

A large chunk of other money is in the form of loan guarantees, not aid. All this money is repaid to the US. Does this harm the US? Not really. I can provide tables and more data about repayment schedules and such if you'd like.

I did notice you did not answer my questions as to what is more important to you Israel or the US. You want facts.... Do a Search for AIPAC and Foreign Agent.... Then tell me how if you are still interested in facts.
Noone can compete with the saudi lobby. Bth., it's very interesting how usually khalifatic-shariatic Dir El Born suddenly becomes all president-loving and patriotic american when the talk centers on Israel, of course.

Forum List

Back