US debt ceiling history

That is the FULL text of the last bill to raise the debt limit.

Ask why does all sorts of shit have to be added to any debt ceiling bill.

The republicans can stop this NOW by passing a clean debt limit bill in the house.

Why did all sorts of shit that had nothing to do with health care get added to the 3000 page monstrosity that was that bill?

And I think our debt limit is too high as it stands so I'm all for a little fiscal responsibility.

Politicians are supposed to make the hard choices that need to be made. I think it's time they actually did their fucking jobs.

The Debt ceiling isn't about future spending..it's about stuff we already bought. Fucking around with it..in this really screwed up environment is really nuts.

It's worse then raising taxes.

It's worse then cutting spending.

If the US defaults..it's going to cost big..and it's going to hurt.

That historical facts are that in 1979 when the republicans threateden this same damned thing they cost us a .06 increase in our interest on our debt PERMANENTLY

That historical facts are that in 1979 when the republicans threateden this same damned thing they cost us a .06 increase in our interest on our debt PERMANENTLY

you are claiming that there are facts that make it impossible to change that.06 increase ?
careful now---wouldn't want you to lie.

That is the FULL text of the last bill to raise the debt limit.

Ask why does all sorts of shit have to be added to any debt ceiling bill.

The republicans can stop this NOW by passing a clean debt limit bill in the house.

Why did all sorts of shit that had nothing to do with health care get added to the 3000 page monstrosity that was that bill?

And I think our debt limit is too high as it stands so I'm all for a little fiscal responsibility.

Politicians are supposed to make the hard choices that need to be made. I think it's time they actually did their fucking jobs.

The Debt ceiling isn't about future spending..it's about stuff we already bought. Fucking around with it..in this really screwed up environment is really nuts.

It's worse then raising taxes.

It's worse then cutting spending.

If the US defaults..it's going to cost big..and it's going to hurt.

So then make the hard choices and cut spending on shit we haven't bought yet.

It ain't rocket science.

How about the republican party quit playing political games and just pass a clean debt ceiling bill.

That could make this all disapear today

How about the republican party quit playing political games and just pass a clean debt ceiling bill.

That could make this all disapear today

Funny that. You of all people talking about political games. Why don't you criticize the dims when they play their games?

And the debt is not going to disappear anytime soon unless someone has the fucking balls to actually cut spending and we all know that that will never happen.

When have the Dems EVER threatened to not increase the debt limit?

The republicans have done this before and I know of NOT one time the dems have

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

U.S. Debt Ceiling: Your Cheat Sheet to the Policy History (NYSEIA, NYSE:IWM, NYSE:SPY, NASDAQ:QQQ, NYSE:MDY, NYSE:TLT, NYSE:TBT, NYSE:XLF, NYSE:UUP, NYSE:UDN) | Wall St. Cheat Sheet

the closest the government ever came to default was a last minute deal in 1979. Though the deal was finalized in time, computer malfunctions led to $122 million in Treasury payments being delayed, technically amounting to temporary default and thus permanently increasing interest rates by 0.6%, resulting in $12 billion in additional annual debt payments, costing the government roughly $384 billion to date. We can only imagine the toll a default, even temporary, could take on today’s economy.

When have the Dems EVER threatened to not increase the debt limit?

So you think the debt limit is the only political game in town?

ALL scum sucking asshole motherfucking politicians play games. There is no exception to that rule.

The sooner you learn that the sooner you'll stop being a fucking sheep.

Forum List

Back