US Day of Rage 9/17/11

naturegirl

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2011
NW Georgia
Another thread prompted me to start this one. http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/181539-obama-and-the-class-envy-card-4.html

While the release states this will be a non-violent event, if you look at the event organizers, I believe their may be a little more involved.

From the article US Day of Rage Non-Violent Civil Disobedience Wall Street | Video | TheBlaze.com
<snip>

The aim, according to Lerner, is to &#8220;destabilize the folks that are in power and start to rebuild a movement.&#8221;

&#8220;How do we bring down the stock market? How do we bring down their bonuses? How do we interfere with their ability to, to be rich?&#8221; Lerner asked rhetorically in March.

<snip>

On September 17, we want to see 20,000 people flood into lower Manhattan, set up tents, kitchens, peaceful barricades and occupy Wall Street for a few months. Once there, we shall incessantly repeat our one simple demand until Barack Obama capitulates.

&#8230;there is a very real danger that if we naively put our cards on the table and rally around the &#8220;overthrow of capitalism&#8221; or some equally outworn utopian slogan, then our Tahrir moment will quickly fizzle into another inconsequential ultra-lefty spectacle soon forgotten. But if we have the cunning to come up with a deceptively simple Trojan Horse demand &#8230;

How about waiting until November of 2012 to show a "day of rage" by throwing Obama out of office!

Not that it matters. It's too late now to save this country's economy. Doesn't matter which Republicrat or Democan gets elected. They're all about the same. Ignorant. Arrogant. Zero common sense. Professional liars. Constantly running for re-election.

London calling. Bringing the spirit of the folks on the dole, there, who felt the best use of their time and effort was to burn down buildings and cars. Perhaps not Obama, but there are others in his clique who wish violence in the extreme upon this country, Van Jones for one, Mr Lerner for another. Andy Stern and Richard Trumka will be there in spirit, urging England's counterpart American rioters on to do their worst.
What will Obama, The Community Organizer, do to quell the civil unrest when it comes? Send in the
82d or 101st Airborne? Or "C'est la vie. They'll get tired and need to sleep eventually. They're only harmless children, let them have their fun"

"Obama has not failed in his job. His job is, and has been, the failure of the United States."

Does anyone else find it amusing that they are trying to plan a day of rage? I mean how do you plan to get enraged? Isn't rage a natural consequence of an experience in the heat of the moment?

I just can't imagine anyone truly being enraged at this event. Evil perhaps, but not enraged.

This makes me nervous. While I agree with you avatar, there are a lot of really angry kids out there, who have no clue why they are angry. It's just cool to be miserable and defiant. Add social media to that, and it's a recipe for disaster.

This makes me nervous. While I agree with you avatar, there are a lot of really angry kids out there, who have no clue why they are angry. It's just cool to be miserable and defiant. Add social media to that, and it's a recipe for disaster.

I agree, this makes me very nervous. September 17, 2011 is Constitution Day. Constitution Day - September 17, 2011 | Observed September 16, 2011

It's also the date of the Battle of Antietam, the first battle of the Civil War. Battle of Antietam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think this date was randomly chosen. :eek:

The term “Day of Rage” finds origin in “Days of Rage,“ a violent set of riots waged in Chicago in 1969 by the Weathermen’s Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn. The Weather Underground terrorist organized his “Rage” in an attempt to bring troops back home from Vietnam. Similarly, this most recent US Day of Rage is co-organized by a group that calls itself “The War Resistance League.”

Yet despite Ayers’ initial claim that his Day of Rage, too, would be “non-violent,” during the four day rampage that started in Chicago’s historic Lincoln Park, the Weathermen arrived in full-clad battle gear, helmets and weapons in tow, and called on activists to kill the rich and even their own parents.

During an interview with Chicago Mag, Ayers, with no regrets, summed up his riot’s intended purpose, stating, ”kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents—that‘s where it’s really at.”

US Day of Rage Non-Violent Civil Disobedience Wall Street | Video | TheBlaze.com

Our constitution was created on September 17th....

Funny I was born on the same day given that I'm a libertarian and I share the same views as our founders...

Interesting. My son was born on President's Day and is a libertarian. I told him he'd never win the WH that way.

September is a gorgeous month in NYC. I have a feeling that's why they picked that date. It will be interesting to see the interviews with the disaffected youth after the event. I wonder how many of them don't realize that their college funds and parents' retirements are entrusted to Wall Street. Could suck bad if they "take them down".

Forum List

Back