US continue chemical weapon development

Discussion in 'Military' started by Travis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Travis

Travis Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In 1997 the US ratified the Chemical Weapons Convection, but were there any changes in the US’s chemical weapons policy? On January 26, 2011 at Dugway Proving Ground in Utah a less than 1 ml of VX nerve agent was lost. Thanks God it was located later and all are safe and uninjured (VX is the most toxic and lethal nerve agent ever synthesized). In 2008 the US Army Chemical Materials Agency reported that all stockpiles of VX were eliminated. And now it’s 2011 and it seems that all the time our authorities were lying to us, the statements in 2008 and the loss of VX in 2011 showed it clearly. How it’s possible to lose something what was eliminated a few years ago? Our government is double dealing. The White House is trying to reassure the world community and the same time is looking for a new place where it can continue its chemical weapon experiments. I’ve heard about a bio lab in Georgia (Caucasus) and first I thought that it was some kind of alarmist nonsense, but now I’m not sure. Since the US is actively support Georgia by training their troops and giving them American weapons, it’s no wonder that Georgian president in his turn gave the US a place for a bio lab. So that’s the place where we have to look for the lost chemicals the next time. What if terrorists seize them? Our government will start blaming them for everything like it did previously when something terrible happened... In that case the ratification was a formality and nothing changed, the US can easily continue its chemical weapon development program outside the US and to relieve itself of responsibility for consequences.

2. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    What proof do you have that the Georgian facility is American?

3. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    BIOWATCH: US Plum Island Transfers Bio-Weapons to the Republic of Georgia | NoTraceability, NoNais, and Beyond- Washington State
    More info at the USDA website:
    ARS Project: Foreign Animal Disease Vaccines and Diagnostics (414498)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  4. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    Ummm...yeah. Not sure I want to put much stock in that website's claims. :doubt:
    Sounds like they're working on African Swine Fever Virus.

The facilities required for bioweapons and chemical weapons research are markedly different.

5. Mad Scientist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    You waiting on MSNBC to report on it before you believe it Daveman? :lol:
    This may be true, but with the ability of both chemical and bioweapons to kill tens of thousands of people I don't really see the difference.

6. daveman

daveman Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,758
    I believe MSDNC about as much as I believe that website. :lol:
    So where's the proof that the Georgian lab is weaponizing ASFV? :confused:

7. Mad Scientist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    The OP is concerned that the US is "continuing it's bioweapons research outside the us". I have shown that the US is setting up labs in Georgia. Do you really think they're gonna' admit that they're weaponizing anything? That would be a "military secret vital to national security" right?

And by the way, why isn't the OP here defending his posts? Why the fuck am I doing it? :confused: :lol:

8. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    there a thousands of tons of chemical weapons stored In th Bluegrass Army Depot in Kentucky.

9. Intense

Intense Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,863
    A vial of nerve agent went missing at a Utah Army base Wednesday night, prompting officials there to lockdown the base until the vial was found about 3 a.m.

The Dugway Proving Ground's commander issued a sparse statement that the base was on lockdown to resolve a concern within its Test Area. It turns out that concern was a missing vial of the deadly VX nerve agent. Less than a fourth of a teaspoon had gone missing. The agent affects the body's ability to carry messages through the nerves.

According to the book "Critical Care Toxicology," VX was created in 1952 by British scientists. It is a persistent nerve agent because it spreads slowly and remains in place for weeks.

The commander said that about 1,200 to 1,400 people were inside Dugway at the time and that no one was in any danger.

Whoever misplaced that vial has got to be having a pretty crummy day at work.

BlogPost - Missing nerve agent shuts down Utah Army post

10. Ropey

Ropey To Life! Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,901
    Oh, I doubt that whoever is still working.

[​IMG]