US continue chemical weapon development

Travis

Rookie
Jan 31, 2011
In 1997 the US ratified the Chemical Weapons Convection, but were there any changes in the US’s chemical weapons policy? On January 26, 2011 at Dugway Proving Ground in Utah a less than 1 ml of VX nerve agent was lost. Thanks God it was located later and all are safe and uninjured (VX is the most toxic and lethal nerve agent ever synthesized). In 2008 the US Army Chemical Materials Agency reported that all stockpiles of VX were eliminated. And now it’s 2011 and it seems that all the time our authorities were lying to us, the statements in 2008 and the loss of VX in 2011 showed it clearly. How it’s possible to lose something what was eliminated a few years ago? Our government is double dealing. The White House is trying to reassure the world community and the same time is looking for a new place where it can continue its chemical weapon experiments. I’ve heard about a bio lab in Georgia (Caucasus) and first I thought that it was some kind of alarmist nonsense, but now I’m not sure. Since the US is actively support Georgia by training their troops and giving them American weapons, it’s no wonder that Georgian president in his turn gave the US a place for a bio lab. So that’s the place where we have to look for the lost chemicals the next time. What if terrorists seize them? Our government will start blaming them for everything like it did previously when something terrible happened... In that case the ratification was a formality and nothing changed, the US can easily continue its chemical weapon development program outside the US and to relieve itself of responsibility for consequences.

What proof do you have that the Georgian facility is American?
BIOWATCH: US Plum Island Transfers Bio-Weapons to the Republic of Georgia | NoTraceability, NoNais, and Beyond- Washington State
In a startling revelation on the Plum Island website the United States on June 1, 2008 commenced a ‘research project’ under the guise of Foreign Animal Disease Vaccinations and Diagnostics. The research will study African Swine Fever (ASFV) and to conduct ‘biological counter measures’.
The study will identify and recruit a qualified scientist from the republic of Georgia to come to Plum Island for the purpose of acquiring knowledge and development of molecular biological skill sets.
The qualified Republic of Georgia scientist will be qualified in carrying out and training exercises with minimal supervision. The chosen scientist will develop skill sets that will transfer ASF knowledge to other Republic of Georgia scientists. The program is a collaborative effort between the United States and the Republic of Georgia.
More info at the USDA website:
ARS Project: Foreign Animal Disease Vaccines and Diagnostics (414498)

Last edited:
What proof do you have that the Georgian facility is American?
BIOWATCH: US Plum Island Transfers Bio-Weapons to the Republic of Georgia | NoTraceability, NoNais, and Beyond- Washington State
In a startling revelation on the Plum Island website the United States on June 1, 2008 commenced a ‘research project’ under the guise of Foreign Animal Disease Vaccinations and Diagnostics. The research will study African Swine Fever (ASFV) and to conduct ‘biological counter measures’.
The study will identify and recruit a qualified scientist from the republic of Georgia to come to Plum Island for the purpose of acquiring knowledge and development of molecular biological skill sets.
The qualified Republic of Georgia scientist will be qualified in carrying out and training exercises with minimal supervision. The chosen scientist will develop skill sets that will transfer ASF knowledge to other Republic of Georgia scientists. The program is a collaborative effort between the United States and the Republic of Georgia.
Ummm...yeah. Not sure I want to put much stock in that website's claims. :doubt:
Sounds like they're working on African Swine Fever Virus.

The facilities required for bioweapons and chemical weapons research are markedly different.

Ummm...yeah. Not sure I want to put much stock in that website's claims. :doubt:
You waiting on MSNBC to report on it before you believe it Daveman? :lol:
Sounds like they're working on African Swine Fever Virus. The facilities required for bioweapons and chemical weapons research are markedly different.
This may be true, but with the ability of both chemical and bioweapons to kill tens of thousands of people I don't really see the difference.

I believe MSDNC about as much as I believe that website. :lol:
Sounds like they're working on African Swine Fever Virus. The facilities required for bioweapons and chemical weapons research are markedly different.
This may be true, but with the ability of both chemical and bioweapons to kill tens of thousands of people I don't really see the difference.
So where's the proof that the Georgian lab is weaponizing ASFV? :confused:

The OP is concerned that the US is "continuing it's bioweapons research outside the us". I have shown that the US is setting up labs in Georgia. Do you really think they're gonna' admit that they're weaponizing anything? That would be a "military secret vital to national security" right?

And by the way, why isn't the OP here defending his posts? Why the fuck am I doing it? :confused: :lol:

A vial of nerve agent went missing at a Utah Army base Wednesday night, prompting officials there to lockdown the base until the vial was found about 3 a.m.

The Dugway Proving Ground's commander issued a sparse statement that the base was on lockdown to resolve a concern within its Test Area. It turns out that concern was a missing vial of the deadly VX nerve agent. Less than a fourth of a teaspoon had gone missing. The agent affects the body's ability to carry messages through the nerves.

According to the book "Critical Care Toxicology," VX was created in 1952 by British scientists. It is a persistent nerve agent because it spreads slowly and remains in place for weeks.

The commander said that about 1,200 to 1,400 people were inside Dugway at the time and that no one was in any danger.

Whoever misplaced that vial has got to be having a pretty crummy day at work.

BlogPost - Missing nerve agent shuts down Utah Army post

Whoever misplaced that vial has got to be having a pretty crummy day at work.

Oh, I doubt that whoever is still working.

ronald_mcdonald_street_bum.jpg

In 1998 it was publicly revealed
that 190 liters of dimethyl methylphosphonate, a CWC schedule 2 chemical which, among many other uses, can be used for the synthesis of Sarin nerve gas, had been included in the cargo. Israel stated that the material was non-toxic, was to have been used to test filters that protect against chemical weapons, and that it had been clearly listed on the cargo manifest in accordance with international regulations. The Dutch foreign ministry confirmed that it had already known about the presence of chemicals on the plane. The shipment was from a U.S. chemical plant to the Israel Institute for Biological Research under a U.S. Department of Commerce license.
El Al Flight 1862 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Simply research material. Not Sarin. Totally unsupported drivel.

Soon after the disaster it was announced[who?] that the El Al Boeing 747 had contained fruit, perfumes, and computer components. Dutch Minister Hanja Maij-Weggen asserted that she was certain that the plane contained no military cargo.

In September 1993, the media reported that the El Al Boeing contained dangerous cargo. Some portion of the cargo proved to be Israeli national defense materials.[citation needed] It was also reported[who?] that a third of the cargo had not been physically inspected and that the cargo listings had not been checked.[citation needed]

The survivors' health complaints following the crash increased the number of questions about the cargo.

In 1998 it was publicly revealed[who?] that 190 liters of dimethyl methylphosphonate, a CWC schedule 2 chemical which, among many other uses, can be used for the synthesis of Sarin nerve gas, had been included in the cargo. Israel stated that the material was non-toxic, was to have been used to test filters that protect against chemical weapons, and that it had been clearly listed on the cargo manifest in accordance with international regulations. The Dutch foreign ministry confirmed that it had already known about the presence of chemicals on the plane. The shipment was from a U.S. chemical plant to the Israel Institute for Biological Research under a U.S. Department of Commerce license.[9][10][11]

the chemical weapons stored at the bluegrass army depot is not drivel.

The Blue Grass Chemical Activity (BGCA), a tenant organization of the depot that reports to the U.S. Army Chemical Materials Agency (CMA), is responsible for the safe, secure storage of the chemical weapons stockpile stored at the depot, which comprises 523 tons of nerve agents GB and VX, and mustard agent in projectiles, warheads and rockets.

The U.S. Army Chemical Materials Agency (CMA) - Richmond, KY

The OP is concerned that the US is "continuing it's bioweapons research outside the us". I have shown that the US is setting up labs in Georgia. Do you really think they're gonna' admit that they're weaponizing anything? That would be a "military secret vital to national security" right?
It would. So why publicize anything in that case? If this is a smokescreen, it's a poor one, apparently.
And by the way, why isn't the OP here defending his posts? Why the fuck am I doing it? :confused: :lol:
:lol:

the chemical weapons stored at the bluegrass army depot is not drivel.

The Blue Grass Chemical Activity (BGCA), a tenant organization of the depot that reports to the U.S. Army Chemical Materials Agency (CMA), is responsible for the safe, secure storage of the chemical weapons stockpile stored at the depot, which comprises 523 tons of nerve agents GB and VX, and mustard agent in projectiles, warheads and rockets.

The U.S. Army Chemical Materials Agency (CMA) - Richmond, KY
Keep reading:
The U.S. Army Element, Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives, known as ACWA, is the Department of Defense program responsible for the destruction of chemical weapons in Kentucky. Working in partnership with the community, the technology known as neutralization followed by supercritical water oxidation (SCWO) was selected in 2003 to destroy the chemical weapons stockpile.

Bechtel Parsons Blue Grass is the systems contractor that will design, construct, systemize, pilot test, operate and close the Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant.​
Gotta store it until you can destroy it, right?

Nerve-Gas Element Was in El Al Plane Lost in 1992 Crash

An El Al cargo plane that crashed in Amsterdam six years ago was carrying a chemical that can be used in the manufacture of the deadly nerve gas Sarin, a spokesman for the Israeli national airline acknowledged today. Nachman Klieman, confirmed a report in a Dutch newspaper that the plane had carried the chemical, but he declined to say anything about its possible use.
Israel has never acknowledged production of chemical or biological weapons, just as Israeli officials have been deliberately ambiguous about the country's reported nuclear capability.
Nerve-Gas Element Was in El Al Plane Lost in 1992 Crash - NYTimes.com

Gotta store it until you can destroy it, right?

It's far easier to create such things than it is to destroy them.

This is a counter to Jos's post.
Simply research material. Not Sarin. Totally unsupported drivel.

Soon after the disaster it was announced[who?] that the El Al Boeing 747 had contained fruit, perfumes, and computer components. Dutch Minister Hanja Maij-Weggen asserted that she was certain that the plane contained no military cargo.

In September 1993, the media reported that the El Al Boeing contained dangerous cargo. Some portion of the cargo proved to be Israeli national defense materials.[citation needed] It was also reported[who?] that a third of the cargo had not been physically inspected and that the cargo listings had not been checked.[citation needed]

The survivors' health complaints following the crash increased the number of questions about the cargo.

In 1998 it was publicly revealed[who?] that 190 liters of dimethyl methylphosphonate, a CWC schedule 2 chemical which, among many other uses, can be used for the synthesis of Sarin nerve gas, had been included in the cargo. Israel stated that the material was non-toxic, was to have been used to test filters that protect against chemical weapons, and that it had been clearly listed on the cargo manifest in accordance with international regulations. The Dutch foreign ministry confirmed that it had already known about the presence of chemicals on the plane. The shipment was from a U.S. chemical plant to the Israel Institute for Biological Research under a U.S. Department of Commerce license.[9][10][11]

I watched an episode of "meteorite men" a while back where they were trying to track down a space rock that might have landed on a US Military bombing range in the desert. They finally got permission to search on a limited part of the range but were prohibited from certain areas. My point is that the government spokesperson casually told them that they had to be careful because the range was used to test chemical and BIOLOGICAL weapons. Say what? The US drops chemical and biological weapons in the open areas of the desert Southwest?

I watched an episode of "meteorite men" a while back where they were trying to track down a space rock that might have landed on a US Military bombing range in the desert. They finally got permission to search on a limited part of the range but were prohibited from certain areas. My point is that the government spokesperson casually told them that they had to be careful because the range was used to test chemical and BIOLOGICAL weapons. Say what? The US drops chemical and biological weapons in the open areas of the desert Southwest?

A secret way to fight illegal immigration.

Forum List

Back