US Constitution "hoedown"

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Ok, seems like a lot of threads end up discussing the US constitution. Is it a living constitution? Is it static? What does it mean? Who interprets? Justices? You? Me? Congress? The president?

What in the world is this document?

fiddle, fiddle, fiddle, let the hoedown begin....

It is a living document, only insofar as we, the people, feel that it needs to change. It requires a very broad interpretation ONLY in favor of the rights of the individual over the state, the state over the federal, and then limiting federal authority over all the latter.

SmarterThanYou said:
It is a living document, only insofar as we, the people, feel that it needs to change. It requires a very broad interpretation ONLY in favor of the rights of the individual over the state, the state over the federal, and then limiting federal authority over all the latter.

I agree. The individual has all rights, other than those that would cause a problem with national security or infringe on other individuals. States should control all intrastate issues.

The Feds should be limited to interstate and foreign affairs, securing the homeland.

Kathianne said:
I agree. The individual has all rights, other than those that would cause a problem with national security or infringe on other individuals. States should control all intrastate issues.

The Feds should be limited to interstate and foreign affairs, securing the homeland.

:salute:

Well said.

Yes, so long as the States affairs do not encumber interstate affairs. And, that federal law has supremecy.

SmarterThanYou said:

smilies-10126.png

People in general have become apathetic. BTW, states rights pretty much ended during the civil war. The final nail was either the sixteenth or seventeenth amendments (or both if you argue from another slant). In reality the feds own it all and can either legislate or regulate it in thier favor each time.

Forum List

Back