Us conservatives need to admit, but

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
worry about grammar
not the 5000 dollars I will lose when GWB tax cuts expire
Never give up
The Main stream media as well as the millions who think we are okay looks to re elect BHO

From 1994 through 2006 the GOP congress ran this country like a swiss watch
GWB was handed 9-11, Enron and the 100s of enrons that the Media ignored
A recession
yet deficits were minimal until the 1st democratic budget
Jobs have been many from RR tax cuts of the 80s, until the GOP lost the congress in 07 and GWB became lame duck

Millions are leaving the work force, they have no hope
real UE well over 14%
deficits in the trillions

That is what the main stream media ignores
B Franklin stated "When the people find they can vote themselves money,
that will herald the end of the republic."

this is what we have today. Romney stated the truth, the media will not rest until election day with that truth

Do not ever give up, its only our freedom and wealth that BHO wants
Freedom from the ability to prosper
to have hope, that is not in the form of a handout

4 more years of this? get ready
it is coming

Last edited:
4 more years of this is coming no matter who gets elected. Obama and Romney are controlled by the same interests.

4 more years of this is coming no matter who gets elected. Obama and Romney are controlled by the same interests.

I totally dis agree
BHO had an agenda
Romeny has one
there no where near the same

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -- Thomas Jefferson

Never give up
The Main stream media as well as the millions who think we are okay looks to re elect BHO

A recession
Jobs have been many from RR tax cuts of the 80s, until the GOP lost the congress in 07 and GWB became lame duck

real UE well over 14%

this is what we have today. Romney stated the truth, the media will not rest until election day with that truth

it is coming

I would not call half trillion dollar deficits "minimal". Far from it!

They might look puny compared to Obama's deficits, by "minimal" is not the word for Bush's deficits.

Face it. Democrats are the "tax and spend" party, Republicans are the "borrow and spend" party.

It is amazing that the Liberals worry so much about nothing
is it we conservatives?
or is it 5000 more out of my paycheck next year as GWB tax rates are not renewed?

Since 01 I have bought a new truck as well as a travel trailer that was a direct connection to GWB and the GOP tax policy

Grammar?
You worry about grammar and I will worry about the future of the middle class and how BHO treats us

is it we conservatives?
or is it 5000 more out of my paycheck next year as GWB tax rates are not renewed?

Since 01 I have bought a new truck as well as a travel trailer that was a direct connection to GWB and the GOP tax policy

Grammar?
You worry about grammar and I will worry about the future of the middle class and how BHO treats us

It's more than the "us conservatives" thing. It is the entire structure of your posts.

If you cannot communicate coherently, it raises questions of your ability to reason coherently.

If you cannot reason coherently, then your conclusions are to be read with that in mind.

This is why I believe science teachers should grade science papers for grammar as well as the science in them. If we are going to get back on top, we need our education system to be top notch. We must teach the ability to think critically.

Calling Bush's doubling of deficits after the recession in the early 2000s "minimal" is not critical thinking.

Last edited:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson never said that...it is rightwing dogma

The Right’s Library of Fake Quotes

. When widely syndicated columnist Cal Thomas posted a commentary on his website (1/15/09) opposing federal bailouts, he cited quotes from Thomas Jefferson to bolster his argument:

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not”; It is incumbent on every generation to pay off its own debts as it goes. A principle, which, if acted on would save us one-half of the wars of the world”; “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them”; and, “My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas described these quotes as “ancient wisdom,” which, he said, “is almost always better than what people come up with today. Consider that it became ancient because it was wise.”

But consulting The Works of Thomas Jefferson available in full at the Online Liberty Library, as well as the Library of Congress’ online Jefferson site, Ed Darrel of Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub (2/1/09) could find no evidence authenticating any of the quotes. [See correction below.] As Darrel, whose website targets historical falsehood, observed, “Jefferson seem[ed] oddly prescient in these quotes, and, also oddly, rather endorsing the views of the right wing.”

None of the quotes could be authenticated on the Jefferson Library website (www.monticello.org) either, which includes the first and the last quotes in Thomas’ column in its list of frequently cited “Spurious Quotations.”

Last edited:
Never give up

A recession

real UE well over 14%

it is coming

I would not call half trillion dollar deficits "minimal". Far from it!

They might look puny compared to Obama's deficits, by "minimal" is not the word for Bush's deficits.

Face it. Democrats are the "tax and spend" party, Republicans are the "borrow and spend" party.

that little event that occurred on 9-11 is why GWB had deficits until 2008 and 2009
The GOP congress balanced the budget and that never changes if not for the changes 9-11 brought us

. When widely syndicated columnist Cal Thomas posted a commentary on his website (1/15/09) opposing federal bailouts, he cited quotes from Thomas Jefferson to bolster his argument:

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not”; It is incumbent on every generation to pay off its own debts as it goes. A principle, which, if acted on would save us one-half of the wars of the world”; “I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them”; and, “My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas described these quotes as “ancient wisdom,” which, he said, “is almost always better than what people come up with today. Consider that it became ancient because it was wise.”

But consulting The Works of Thomas Jefferson available in full at the Online Liberty Library, as well as the Library of Congress’ online Jefferson site, Ed Darrel of Millard Fillmore’s Bathtub (2/1/09) could find no evidence authenticating any of the quotes. [See correction below.] As Darrel, whose website targets historical falsehood, observed, “Jefferson seem[ed] oddly prescient in these quotes, and, also oddly, rather endorsing the views of the right wing.”

None of the quotes could be authenticated on the Jefferson Library website (Thomas Jefferson) either, which includes the first and the last quotes in Thomas’ column in its list of frequently cited “Spurious Quotations.”

You know being a liberal I know has to be difficult
trying to defend these policies and this agenda
It matters not anymore what is stated, there is always some Lib out there who will spin it
you know if he really never did say it in "Spurious Quotations" It does not change the fact it is where we are and for that reason we have lost our republic for which it stood
Thank you

that little event that occurred on 9-11 is why GWB had deficits until 2008 and 2009
The GOP congress balanced the budget and that never changes if not for the changes 9-11 brought us

One day, the GOP is going to wake up with a hangover and a sheepish grin and realize what a collosal series of stupid mistakes they made post-9/11.

It's actually taking longer than I thought it would.

is it we conservatives?

Grammar?

It's more than the "us conservatives" thing. It is the entire structure of your posts.

If you cannot communicate coherently, it raises questions of your ability to reason coherently.

If you cannot reason coherently, then your conclusions are to be read with that in mind.

This is why I believe science teachers should grade science papers for grammar as well as the science in them. If we are going to get back on top, we need our education system to be top notch. We must teach the ability to think critically.

Calling Bush's doubling of deficits after the recession in the early 2000s "minimal" is not critical thinking.

Being a liberal has to be depressing
attack the person, ignore the facts
that little event on 9-11 may have had an impact on what we spent? you think?

My grammar?
It is all about class my friend.
Some of us have it, some of us do not

I have no issue with your supporting this failed presidency. I have no issue with your supporting the art of spinning the facts to hep you support that failed presidency.
But to resort to attacking the person?
A person you know nothing about?
Like I said
some of us have class, and some don't

If I was you I would ignore everything I stated from now on in the name of proper grammar

Good luck in life with that, BTW I manage mufti million dollar projects with this grammar and at no time during my successful career has my grammar been an issue

In closing there are 3 types of people
people who make it happen
people who watch people when it happens
and
those who wonder what just happened

Where does your grammar fit in there?

worry about grammar
Never give up

A recession

real UE well over 14%

it is coming

The highlighted part is an example of both false propaganda and specious reasoning.

Yeah, I suppose one could say that from 2001 to 2007, Republicans ran CONGRESS (Not congress running the country) like a Swiss watch. They spent taxpayer money and cut taxes without paying for either, and nobody was able to do anything to stop it since they had a majority and a president who was more than willing to sign whatever was put in front of him. Yeah, those were the days when Tom DeLay was buying up every vote he possibly could with all the money the lobbyists were throwing his way. Those were also the days that the war supplementals were passed off-budget.

And then you think that something magically changed for the worse when the Democrats took the majority and Bush still had the veto pen? Care to say what that was?

None of the quotes could be authenticated on the Jefferson Library website (Thomas Jefferson) either, which includes the first and the last quotes in Thomas’ column in its list of frequently cited “Spurious Quotations.”

Not to mention....if you take a tour of Monticello, like I did this Summer with my wife.....You will find that:

A. Jefferson INHERITED a large chunk of Virginia....from where Monticello sits down to the Natural Bridge area...He actually owned the Natural Bridge itself.

B. Over the years of his life, he had to sell piece by piece of all that property to pay off debts....and of course to fund UVA. He also had to sell his extensive library, once again....to pay off debts.

C. When he died....the entire Monticello estate had to be sold.....to.....guess what? Pay off debts. He left his family virtually nothing.

You know being a liberal I know has to be difficult
trying to defend these policies and this agenda
It matters not anymore what is stated, there is always some Lib out there who will spin it
you know if he really never did say it in "Spurious Quotations" It does not change the fact it is where we are and for that reason we have lost our republic for which it stood
Thank you

You know, I don't see why the rightwing has to make up quotes and attribute them to famous people. Don't they have any confidence?

What tipped me off that it was fake was I asked why Jefferson would be concerned with Government assistance to the poor when the Government didn't start social programs till 100 years after his death

One day, the GOP is going to wake up with a hangover and a sheepish grin and realize what a collosal series of stupid mistakes they made post-9/11.

It's actually taking longer than I thought it would.

Exactly what series of stupid mistakes would you be referring too?
May I remind you that the Democratic party had control of the senate in 2002 when the vote was taken to use forse to remove Saddam from power?

What about that little event deemed Katrina along with the 6 or so other major hurricanes during the same 2 year period?
yet in 2007 this country run a deficit of 163 billion, compared to 1.3-1.5 every year BHO has been in office

See the reall issue is jobs, or the lack of
Revenue is still or close to the revenue we had in 2007, and the 4-500 billion that the Democratic party added to the baseline in 09 and then stated they "inherited" it

How is my grammar now?

worry about grammar
Never give up

A recession

real UE well over 14%

it is coming

watch this
This just in...no WMDs were found in Iraq.

Forum List

Back