Us citizenship is a privilege

Citizenship is NOT a privilege. It cannot be taken away except under extenuating circusmstances. Citizenship can be granted to non-native born people.

US CITIZENSHIP IS A PRIVILEGE

question: can us citizenship be taken away?

answer:
For naturalized citizens, lying in the course of acquiring US citizenship. For those born with US citizenship, it cannot be "revoked" without the person's doing an "expatriating act."
Expatriation requires certain voluntary acts with intent to relinquish citizenship. In defending such an action, in which the government carries the burden of proof, I would present evidence tending to show lack of such intent. Note that the Department of State generally presumes that U.S. citizens intend to retain U.S. citizenship even when they are naturalized in a foreign country.
-http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061001170613AAEoc1e

Last edited:
I have the answer to this problem for someone who is illegal to become a citizen they must pass an english proficiency/history/math test (which unfortunately alot of American citizens cant pass but thats another comment on another board), also pass a physical/mental health test, then devote 10 years to military service.

If this doesnt help solve some problems I dont know will. Finding and deporting all those people will be expensive. Plus to perform such a feat you must secure the border and I dont think that will ever be accomplished due to business/pro immigrant groups. At one point I did think that putting a wall/fence/barricade/guard towers would work but that is not feasible plus this will create a police state mentality. So do the next best thing serve to become a citizen.

Everybody's a critic. I don't have little shrine to my American Citizenship to which I pray to little statue of liberty draped with red white and blue bunting. Anyone else do that? No, don't think so. But once upon a time I used to take it for granted. I took it for granted that "immigrants" were honest and deserved being given what most of us just benefited from by birth. Well, after years of seeing this flood of people that neither care about our culture or our laws, or plain human decency, I have had a major epiphany. It takes life and unfairness to kick you out of complacency. As far as reporting "them" to the INS? Don't be naive. They are either pragmatic, cynical or just of petty bureaucrats that don't care. I learned that the heard way, to. It's why we are where we are at, I think. The government is a bunch of paper tigers.

US CITIZENSHIP IS A PRIVILEGE

and not for sale and cannot be bought or given away like Obama want to do.
$5,000 fine is another joke. It is not mandatary and only apply if they want to become US citizens in 15-20 years and most of them do not and only want legal status so they can work and live here and reap the benefits. Like they have been doing.
Learning English is not mandatory, and only apply if they want to become citizens. Most of those who were given amnesty in 1986 have not applied for citizenship or learned English. So what’s the big deal about a path to citizenship and amnesty is no one want to become a citizen? They do not want US citizenship because if they mess up here, they can always go back home. Who benefits from amnesty?
Opposing Immigration Reform and amnesty is not racist. Most of us who oppose illegal immigration and amnesty, have family members who are Hispanic. .

Incorrect. US citizenship is a RIGHT. IF you are a US citizen.

Forum List

Back