US Calls Turkish Actions 'Genocide'; Turks Outraged

The USA was able to ignore Turkey in March 2003 and still invade Iraq successfully. Thus we owe Turkey nothing. And, yes, it was genocide. The definition of "the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group" clearly defines the history of Turkey and the minority group from 1911 to 1916. I have liked most of the Turks I have met, but they are xenophobic second only to the Japanese, in my opinion. I hope the resolution passes and have been disappointed in administrations in the past's waffling on the matter.

Turkey did not exist during that time frame.

☭proletarian☭;2071352 said:
Only the Turks don't think it was a genocide. They need to suck it up and grow the fuck up. Then again, they're Muslims - admitting you're wrong isn't in their vocabulary...
Does America admit to the genocide against the natives during 'manifest destiny'?

Yes. In fact we used to teach it before liberals removed history from Middle school.

Only the Turks don't think it was a genocide. They need to suck it up and grow the fuck up. Then again, they're Muslims - admitting you're wrong isn't in their vocabulary...
Does America admit to the genocide against the natives during 'manifest destiny'?

Yes. In fact we used to teach it before liberals removed history from Middle school.
:eusa_eh:

I thought you said it was the blame-america-firster liberals who wanted to teach all the bad things America did and make this nation look bad because they, being progressive communo-fascist nazi hippies, hate freedom and all America stands for?

Will you people make up your damned minds?

The USA was able to ignore Turkey in March 2003 and still invade Iraq successfully. Thus we owe Turkey nothing. And, yes, it was genocide. The definition of "the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group" clearly defines the history of Turkey and the minority group from 1911 to 1916. I have liked most of the Turks I have met, but they are xenophobic second only to the Japanese, in my opinion. I hope the resolution passes and have been disappointed in administrations in the past's waffling on the matter.

Turkey did not exist during that time frame.

We can talk about Turkey's attempts to exterminate the Kurds in the post-Ataturk era if you want; when Saddam did it I was told that it was a Very Bad Thing.

Yes, it is taught today, RGS. Sheesh.

Thass backwards. Turkey was able to ignore the US even after we tried to bribe them with over $25 million.

I don't see the importance of labeling the murder of Armenians as genocide. Will is serve any purpose or change anything for the better ? I'll warrant 95% of Amercans don't even know of the murders and even less know the details.

I think that's kinda the point, isn't it? Shouldn't this be something that's taught in school?

It should be combined with America's genocide in Iraq. Oh shit, sorry. When America commits mass murders it's called a friendly early appointment with God.

Turkish Prime Minister says, that there are about 100.000 illegal Armenians (mainly women nanny) in Turkey.
Prime Minister also says, that as a good-will gesture Turkish Authorities have closed their eyes on these Armenian illegals, but now might get kicked out.

Erdoðan: Kaçak Ermeni iþçileri sýnýr dýþý edebiliriz - Hürriyet

According to WHO, the poverty line in Armenia is 26 $ a month. It is projected that 1/3 of Armenia's population will fall under that 26 $ line.
WHO | Armenians struggle for health care and medicines

1.jpg

Economists predict that opening the border will give a huge boost to the Armenian economy, which has badly suffered from the country's long isolation and has been among those hardest hit by the global economic crisis.

Turkey closed the border in 1993 in solidarity with ally Azerbaijan over Yerevan's backing of ethnic Armenian separatists in the disputed Nagorny Karabakh region. The border with Azerbaijan is also closed.
(...) the IMF expects that transportation costs for exporting Armenian goods will decrease by 10-20 percent after the border opens, making Armenian companies more competitive internationally and giving a major boost to trade.
(...)
Martin Sarkisian, the head of Armenia's Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said he expects the amount of Armenian exports to grow exponentially after the border opens, and not only to Turkey.

Armenians see crucial economic boost from Turkey ties

---------------------------

Armenians Lick Lips at Prospect of Turkish Trade

Now, through Lobby Bitching by the Armenian Diaspora the mainland Armenians can wait for the borders to open. As stated above, Prime Minister of Turkey even says that 100.000 illegal Armenian workers might get kicked out of Turkey.

Without reading the thread, I'm wondering if anyone has brought up that the word Genocide was coined when talking about this specific action by the Turks?

So by definition, this would be genocide. :eusa_eh:

“A significant growth in the economy is expected, with an increase in the volume of exports and a growth in investment, as well as an improvement in the population’s living conditions,” said Mark Lewis, the head of the International Monetary Fund’s mission in Yerevan.

Rather bitching in foreign parliaments, The Armenian Diaspora should send some Dollar to mainland Armenia.
Borders with Turkey wont open thanks to them.

Last edited:
As the world is a jungle, and the cheetah does not bite the lion....

All implemented without Armenia:

Kars?Tbilisi?Baku railway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Baku?Tbilisi?Ceyhan pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
South Caucasus Pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Future projects also without Armenia:
Nabucco pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Trans-Caspian Gas Pipeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While the region integrates, Armenian Diaspora dreams a dream of 1915.
Let them sleep.

Turkey’s prime minister has signaled that he is unlikely to participate in the international energy summit U.S. President Barack Obama will host in April.
Washington trip unlikely, PM signals - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Recep Tayyib Erdogan:
If it’s necessary we’ll deport 100.000 Armenian illegal immigrants
APA - Recep Tayyib Erdogan: If it?s necessary we?ll deport 100.000 Armenian illegal immigrants

Turkey's trade minister has canceled a trip to the United States
Turkish minister cancels US trip following House panel vote - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review

Turkey is also temporarily in Security Council.
In this regard to possible Iran sanctions, todays statement:

Iran nuclear programme 'solely civilian' - Turkish PM
Trend News: Iran nuclear programme 'solely civilian' - Turkish PM

Turkey and the United States are both extremely foolish to focus so heavily on an event that occurred over a century ago. The US should be more pragmatic regarding its relations with Turkey, and Turkey should grow a pair and quit whining when it's pointed out that some sort of genocide occurred.

Turkey and the United States are both extremely foolish to focus so heavily on an event that occurred over a century ago. The US should be more pragmatic regarding its relations with Turkey, and Turkey should grow a pair and quit whining when it's pointed out that some sort of genocide occurred.

We do not whine.
Our position is clear: "Do if you think you can".

Its foreign minister, Ahmet Davutoglu (...) said that describing the 1915 Armenian killings as genocide was an insult to Turkey's "honour".
(...)
Suat Kiniklioglu, the influential deputy chairman for external affairs in the ruling Justice and Development party (AKP) (...)
"If they choose to bring this to the floor they will have to face the fact that the consequences would be serious – the relationship would be downgraded at every level," he said. "Everything from Afghanistan to Pakistan to Iraq to the Middle East process would be affected.

Turkey threatens 'serious consequences' after US vote on Armenian genocide | World news | The Guardian

We do not whine.
Our position is clear: "Do if you think you can".

Its foreign minister, Ahmet Davutoglu (...) said that describing the 1915 Armenian killings as genocide was an insult to Turkey's "honour".
(...)
Suat Kiniklioglu, the influential deputy chairman for external affairs in the ruling Justice and Development party (AKP) (...)
"If they choose to bring this to the floor they will have to face the fact that the consequences would be serious – the relationship would be downgraded at every level," he said. "Everything from Afghanistan to Pakistan to Iraq to the Middle East process would be affected.

Turkey threatens 'serious consequences' after US vote on Armenian genocide | World news | The Guardian

Call it what you will, but allowing a nation's perception of a historical event to influence your relationship with it today is silly.

its about time turkey pulls its head out of its ass, willingly or not.

Only 14% of Turks have favourable view of USA:
Turkey: Opinion of the United States - Pew Global Attitudes Project Key Indicators Database
Your image would never recover if you make such resolution.

From Transatlantictrends:
On a 100-point thermometer scale, Turkey continued to view itself at 80 degrees, nearly 40 degrees “warmer” than all others.

23926028.jpg

62586912.jpg

Anatomy of cultivated rampant nationalism in Turkey
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlB7ypb2RHw]YouTube - Anatomy of cultivated rampant nationalism in Turkey[/ame]

7e2e05ab3baab160bcc0fab.jpg

Call it what you will, but allowing a nation's perception of a historical event to influence your relationship with it today is silly.

No. The main sponsors of every year's resolution are mainly Senator/Congressman from California with sizeable Armenian-American communities (Armenian Diaspora).
For example Adam Schiff:
Adam Schiff - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Schiff has also been a leading voice in Armenian-American issues; he claims to have over 70,000 Armenian-Americans in his district.

In this issue some US politicians for domestic gains put a damocles sword over US-Turkish relations. We do not have to accept this, and will never.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back