US builds criminal cases on rate fixing scandal

and all they can offer is lies and "your a poopy pants" defense

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj1e3UhQIMA&feature=related]Gumby and Pokey Intro (1967) - YouTube[/ame]

Baltimore, Big Banks and a Criminal Conspiracy

So there are two different ways in which LIBOR was manipulated, according to the admissions from Barclays and the documents that have been revealed. One way that it was manipulated was to help the trading positions that the banks had. So the banks are massive banks. Barclays is a $1 trillion bank. And, of course, it's doing all kinds of trades. Well, those trades would be helped if interest rates were reported to be higher or lower, because that would move the LIBOR rate, and their investments are based or indexed off of the LIBOR rate.

And so the emails demonstrate conclusively that that's exactly what Barclays did, that they would put in false statements to the British Bankers Association, which is the group that compiles LIBOR, claiming that they could borrow money from other banks at a certain rate. But that statement would not be true. It would be manipulated to maximize the value of the trading position.

Last edited:
tumblr_li31x9oJM71qf18pdo1_500.png

I'd rather the Wall St. Execs won than obama. I'd rather Bernie Madoff was president than obama. He'd be more honest! He'd take money, obama wants money and death.

and it needs chaging you idiot.

that is what the last decade has proven

Wonder how Splatters will feel if Geitner is found to have know all about it?? that Timmie boy had a hand in it??

Won't see a thread on that I'm sure.

Forum List

Back