US Budget: Where to cut?

Go ahead and cut the Military equipment budget. We have too damn many toys we aren't using anyway. Carriers are a home for unwed mothers. Cut federal jobs by a 3rd. Here's a radical thought. Consider that the CIA has become a home for useless political drones like Panetta and hasn't done anything right since Donovan's OSS in WW2. Cut the (secret) CIA budget by about 2/3 and see what happens. How bad can it be? The CIA was killing Serbs in Bosnia while the 9-11 nut case terrorists were learning to glide a 747 into a building in flight school in the US.

Remove all troops from Africa, middle east and close all bases within that area. Cut defense budget 150 billion per year. Move 10 billion of that over to enforcing our borders.

I agree that we do need to limit our presence in some parts of the world, but I am not in favor of gutting our defense budget. Isolationism is what got us in trouble during WW2, 9/11, etc.

I could use all the advice and help possible! I did leave out the Dep. of Education.

By the way, thanks for the kind words.
Toomey,

If you think reducing the "Defense" (read, WAR) budget has anything to do with isolationism you need to do some reading on the Military Industrial Complex and the real reason we are in Iraq and Afghanistan -- and why we were in Vietnam.

And if you'd like to really perk up your Republican audience I suggest you establish yourself as a progressive thinker by following this path:

(Excerpt)

A 2008 study by Harvard economist Jeffrey A. Miron has estimated that legalizing drugs would inject $76.8 billion a year into the U.S. economy — $44.1 billion from law enforcement savings, and at least $32.7 billion in tax revenue ($6.7 billion from marijuana, $22.5 billion from cocaine and heroin, remainder from other drugs).

(Close)

If that proposition seems outrageous to you just consider the fact that the War On Drugs is an enormous drain on our resources and is totally counterproductive in every way. It is an abject failure which is helping to drain our economy and is nudging us closer and closer to a police state.

Defense needs to be cut down a bit LONG before anything like education and programs for children and the poor are cut.

Fuck the poor.. Some people are poor for a reason.

I'm all for reducing military spending only because they use $100,000 bombs to blow individual terrorists up and I find that economically ignorant.

The funny part is they don't even get them the first time... Not to mention a .25 cent bullet would do the trick.

There used to be a video of it until the PROGRESSIVE NAZI's AGAINST FREE SPEECH obviously got rid of it...

Video of Afghanistan Bombings That Destroy Taliban Operatives | Video | TheBlaze.com

I suppose it was offensive to progressives and they yanked it...

250,000 bullets were fired in Iraq per insurgent killed. Both seem pretty expensive to me.

And yes, you say fuck the poor. No shit... we already know you fucking hate the poor. That's our platform.

I hate the ignorant..

250,000 fired and missed - doubt that. If it matters that is a quarter million misses...

Maybe our ASVAB is too damn weak...

Last edited:
Defense needs to be cut down a bit LONG before anything like education and programs for children and the poor are cut.

100% wrong, despite the emo-appeal.

Defense is nearly 700 billion/year now. If we pulled out of the middle east and africa, we could easily cut 150 billion. That's 700-150=550 billion/year. Which is 5 and a half times the defense budget of China!

Heck, just closing the bases within the above area and bringing the troops home would nearly do it. It sure as hell isn't gutting our defense...We're wasting our time nation building in the shit holes of the world for nothing. Time to end it.

That's 1.5 trillion dollars saved over 10 years.

Last edited:

The best move of course if to cut it all at the same time... Not promis stuff will be cut later IMO.

Let's say we cut them proportionately then. For all the people talking about "entitlements" and other poor people programs... you cut the defense in an equal percentage as those programs, and we'll talk. Want to cut 75% of the "entitlement" programs? Then cut 75% of the defense budget.

How low are you willing to go?

I mostly agree... Defense is in the constitution... We can cut a lot by ending false wars, but you can cut 100% of unconstitutional entitlements, not 100% of defense.

100% wrong, despite the emo-appeal.

Defense is nearly 700 billion/year now. If we pulled out of the middle east and africa, we could easily cut 150 billion. That's 700-150=550 billion/year. Which is 5 and a half times the defense budget of China!

Heck, just closing the bases within the above area and bringing the troops home would nearly do it. It sure as hell isn't gutting our defense...We're wasting our time nation building in the shit holes of the world for nothing. Time to end it.

That's 1.5 trillion dollars saved over 10 years.

Near-sighted fool. Never getting your oil changed saves you money on your car, right? :rolleyes:

On my phone currently, but I'll get to the responses later. Any thoughts on Medicaid/Medicare?? Want to learn more about those and HSA's!

First start with the elderly. Cut social security benefits and raise the age of retirement. Raise medicare premiums and co-payment and ration services. Cut welfare, food stamps and school lunches, medicaid and welfare benefits, eliminate government training programs, raise tuitions for college and cut some classes, cut inhome nursing care for the disable, cut special education and close some school and fire some teachers. Eliminate most goverment jobs, freeze wages and cut benefits and retirement. Oh, yes close more military bases and retirement benefits for the military. Give drug test to collect unemployment and cut beneftits from 99 weeks to 59.
Give more tax cuts for the rich so they can create more jobs? that will create more revenue that pay down the debt. Open the border for more cheap labor to do the jobs American are too lazy to do. Let more drugs in to keep american high so they will not know the screw up world RRWE is making fo us.

Last edited:

I'm all for reducing military spending only because they use $100,000 bombs to blow individual terrorists up and I find that economically ignorant.

The funny part is they don't even get them the first time... Not to mention a .25 cent bullet would do the trick.

There used to be a video of it until the PROGRESSIVE NAZI's AGAINST FREE SPEECH obviously got rid of it...

Video of Afghanistan Bombings That Destroy Taliban Operatives | Video | TheBlaze.com

How about Fuck you.......... I know so many people that have been decimated by the downturn in construction. Government is the damn reason.

How about Fuck you.......... I know so many people that have been decimated by the downturn in construction. Government is the damn reason.

I don't care for government.... Quite frankly I view government as my enemy...

Abolish the military.Maintain the nuke team. Explain to the world any offensive will wind up in "glass parking lot syndrome". Problem over.
You can all retire now.

Abolish the military.Maintain the nuke team. Explain to the world any offensive will wind up in "glass parking lot syndrome". Problem over.
You can all retire now.

Yeah, we already knew you were a fucking moron.

We dont disagree on that point.:D

I don't believe we disagree on much - you've repped me on numerous posts and I have done the same for you...

I think we're on the same side bro...

I don't believe we disagree on much - you've repped me on numerous posts and I have done the same for you...

We are, I just cringe when I see people rip on the poor. Many are there through no fault of their own. Thats all.

I can see I misunderstood intent.

We are, I just cringe when I see people rip on the poor. Many are there through no fault of their own. Thats all.

I can see I misunderstood intent.

I rip the welfare fucks who feel content with their position.

Some poor people are poor because they're in a fucked up position - I can totally understand that... Hell, that is where I'm from, I grew up poor but my parents are successful today.. Now its my turn to do the same process...

I have to start with nothing and build something - that is the process..

Last edited:

250,000 bullets were fired in Iraq per insurgent killed. Both seem pretty expensive to me.

And yes, you say fuck the poor. No shit... we already know you fucking hate the poor. That's our platform.

I hate the ignorant..

250,000 fired and missed - doubt that. If it matters that is a quarter million misses...

Maybe our ASVAB is too damn weak...

No shit it's a quarter million misses. And that is what has been reported for our military by the GAO.

Forum List

Back