US Biggest Threat: Unchecked Presidential Power Unlike any other.

What do you expect Becki? The kenyan will never get his Junior Hitler badge if he doesn't act like a dictator.
I think Congress should Censure President Obama for usurpation of power and force his resignation. For everybody else, it is a crime to use a government job's work time to get votes.

My parents both taught equality of everyone in this country, and so did my grandparents.

My grandmother went so far as informing my cousins and me not to ever bow to anybody else for any reason, including dance lessons.

I think he should be impeached for not upholding the oath of office... then thrown out of office.
The last impeachment took almost a year to engage in hearings, and they went on and on.

That said, I don't know how you would quickly get rid of a President who has promised our defense technology to another country that collaborates with a country so vile it has had severed diplomatic relations for nearly half a century, and kidnapped a planeful of Americans who were hijacked by a terrorist when Jimmy Carter was President.

And he is issuing edicts that have not a thing in the world to do with national defense, except perhaps jeopardize it.

We have this thing in November called an election, vote for Mittens then.

That won't really work. Were the precedent PR proposed set, Mittens himself would quickly be "impeached for not upholding the oath of office."

"If I am elected president, I will issue on my first day in office an executive order paving the way for waivers from ObamaCare for all 50 states."

-- Mitt Romney
Well don't you look all SMART and SHIT with all that hyperbole...

I assume the hyperbole is the bit where I quoted you. Mittens is promising to use executive orders to avoid enforcing or implementing federal laws he dislikes. I'm sure the moment Mittens made good on his promise you'd immediately feel that "he should be impeached for not upholding the oath of office."

Obama's use of decree is threatening Representative form of government!

Whereas Bush used this option in a time of war, Obama is declaring war inside the United States by destroying Congressional lawmaking by inserting his wishes as law upon the American people, and not for reason of providing for the common defense, either.

Citizens are starting to worry and act on this agenda of Obama's:

Unchecked Presidential Power Via Immigration Order

Executive Orders Threaten Representative Government and Federalism

Obama's 'Gangster Politics' - White House brazenly directs power of government against political opponents

Joe Arpaio: Obama's Immigration Change Will Not Affect His County

What say you about non-wartime Law passed by Executive Branch?

The executive branch cannot pass Law, wartime or no.

I know that we as a society have desensitized war, but please read the Constitution again. In times that war is actually declared, the power of the presidency borders on a dictatorship. Consider this, during WWII FDR ceased all gold held by private citizens and ordered natural born US citizens of Asian decent into interment camps.

You mean Article II.

There is no mention of a difference between Presidential Powers while the nation is at war, and when the USA is not at war.

FDR, or Lincoln, or Clinton, could get away with whatever they wanted to do because CONGRESS LET THEM DO IT.

Whereas Bush used this option in a time of war, Obama is declaring war inside the United States by destroying Congressional lawmaking by inserting his wishes as law upon the American people, and not for reason of providing for the common defense, either.

Obama's 'Gangster Politics' - White House brazenly directs power of government against political opponents

I know that we as a society have desensitized war, but please read the Constitution again. In times that war is actually declared, the power of the presidency borders on a dictatorship. Consider this, during WWII FDR ceased all gold held by private citizens and ordered natural born US citizens of Asian decent into interment camps.
Thank you for your observation, google. Unfortunately, this administration is using executive order in order to win an upcoming election by creating more voters for himself. It's a little off-base until you consider that Obama accuses the Antislavery Party that the Republican Party has always been as "racist," plus everything that comes down the pike is the fault of:

Boooooooossssssssshhhhhhhhh

:rolleyes:

Anyone who thinks the Obama did this or his little evolution about gay marriage because he thinks it's the right thing to do for the nation needs their head examined.

This is nothing more than pure pandering to the hispanic community in an election year. He can't run on his economic record because that's been an abysmal failure. He can't run on his foreign policy record because that's been a failure too. After his criticism of Bush on Gitmo, he decided to just use drones and kill possible terrorists instead of taking prisoners. Telling Medvedev, " This is my last election. After my election I have more flexibility," wipes out any possible credence to running on his defense policies. Job creation? After spending all that stimulus money and unemployment still remains above 8%.

To put it simply, he can't run on his record for pretty much everything he's done in the past 3 1/2 years.

I think he should be impeached for not upholding the oath of office... then thrown out of office.

Weren't you bitching about the recall in Wisconsin?

I don't do any more BITCHING here than YOU do snookie... thanks for the snarky little attitude.

I just find it weird you would want to waste tax dollars on impeaching Obama, which would only pass in the House, and not remove him from office when we have an election in November.
And snookie? Do I look like a short italian girl from Jersey?

Thank you for your observation, google. Unfortunately, this administration is using executive order in order to win an upcoming election by creating more voters for himself. It's a little off-base until you consider that Obama accuses the Antislavery Party that the Republican Party has always been as "racist," plus everything that comes down the pike is the fault of:

his decision doesnt allow effected people to vote. seriously when you do not even know what the order does it is clear you are a brainwashed tool

obama's policy is to ignore laws.

Obama?s policy strategy: Ignore laws - Steve Friess - POLITICO.com

That's why we say (as futile as saying it today is) that no man is above the law. A judge who consistently refused to enforce laws against rape because he privately believes women are really asking for it woud quickly be removed from the bench.

If obama won't uphold and enforce the laws that he swore to uphold and enforce then he has no business being in office.

That won't really work. Were the precedent PR proposed set, Mittens himself would quickly be "impeached for not upholding the oath of office."

"If I am elected president, I will issue on my first day in office an executive order paving the way for waivers from ObamaCare for all 50 states."

-- Mitt Romney

"If I am elected president, I will issue on my first day in office an executive order paving the way for waivers from ObamaCare for all 57 states." -- Mitt Romney

There, fixed

Anyone who thinks the Obama did this or his little evolution about gay marriage because he thinks it's the right thing to do for the nation needs their head examined.

This is nothing more than pure pandering to the hispanic community in an election year. .

A new coalition of groups is rallying conservative Latino voters with an anti-gay marriage campaign launched on Wednesday in Nevada, a crucial swing state where President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney by only 48 percent to 46 percent, according to the latest poll.

This is nothing more than pure pandering to the hispanic community in an election year. .

A new coalition of groups is rallying conservative Latino voters with an anti-gay marriage campaign launched on Wednesday in Nevada, a crucial swing state where President Barack Obama leads Mitt Romney by only 48 percent to 46 percent, according to the latest poll.

You should check out how much Obama leads with the latino vote. ;)

I don't think Romney has a chance of gaining much ground there.

If we had unchecked presidential power, then the Republicans 360 plus filibusters wouldn't have blocked everything this president has tried to do to help America.

You know, Republicans even blocked the Obama administration from investigating BP? Don't you think that's despicable?

Even The Guardian leftist rag in the UK is calling the Democrats to the carpet for their HYPOCRISY.

The leftists LOVED using the filibuster when Bush was President, blocking hundreds of judicial nominees and blocking hundreds of pieces of legislation, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, the Democrats want to get rid of the filibuster.

What a bunch of hypocrite, bed-wetting cry babies.

Here's the link to the Guardian's opinion:

Have Dems forgotten their filibuster days? | Megan Carpentier | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

That's why we say (as futile as saying it today is) that no man is above the law. A judge who consistently refused to enforce laws against rape because he privately believes women are really asking for it woud quickly be removed from the bench.

If obama won't uphold and enforce the laws that he swore to uphold and enforce then he has no business being in office.

deportations under obama have skyrocked you brainwashed tool

his decision doesnt allow effected people to vote. seriously when you do not even know what the order does it is clear you are a brainwashed tool
Hot seat or pants on fire?

You're the one who reads DNC talking points, not me; and you also read the OP which tells me you know my sources are from other areas than a party line.

I'm keeping tabs of Obama's perversions of American protocols with no help from anybody else's peanut gallery.

deportations under obama have skyrocked you brainwashed tool
Project much?

The powers of the executive branch during a time of war are not that much different than his powers during peacetime. The president is commander of chief of the military, but even the president cannot suspend the writ of habeas corpus during a war or insurrection; only Congress has that power.

Lincoln suspended the writ during the Civil War even though it was not within his constitutional powers to do so. He abused even that power by arresting over 300 Northern newspaper editors who opposed the war and even arrested thousands of citizens of civilians who were sympathetic to the South. When the Maryland legislature began to consider the issue of secession, he went as far as arresting the pro-secession legislators to prevent them from doing it. There is also a fair amount of historical evidence that Lincoln ordered the arrest of Roger Taney, the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, although the US Marshall who was his former law partner that he gave the order to wisely did not follow through on it.

If we had unchecked presidential power, then the Republicans 360 plus filibusters wouldn't have blocked everything this president has tried to do to help America.

You know, Republicans even blocked the Obama administration from investigating BP? Don't you think that's despicable?

Even The Guardian leftist rag in the UK is calling the Democrats to the carpet for their HYPOCRISY.

The leftists LOVED using the filibuster when Bush was President, blocking hundreds of judicial nominees and blocking hundreds of pieces of legislation, but now that the shoe is on the other foot, the Democrats want to get rid of the filibuster.

What a bunch of hypocrite, bed-wetting cry babies.

Here's the link to the Guardian's opinion:

Have Dems forgotten their filibuster days? | Megan Carpentier | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
Thanks, Truthseeker56. Funny how when you want to know something about the USA you have to go to Guardian UK. The libbie press folk know their privileges are cancelled if they ever show up on AttackWatch for saying anything negative about Obama. It's like seeing Orwell's 1984 played out before our very eyes.

You all are really getting wound up.. Jeezus, the hate is at a psychotic level.

Forum List

Back