US auto industry kaputz???

Working Man said:
Who owns Kia? :eek:

In October 1998, Hyundai was named the winning bidder for 51 percent of our parent company, Kia Motors Corp.

Where are Kias built? :cry:

Kia's sold in the U.S. are built at the Hwasung and Sohari plants in South Korea.

What does Kia mean?

The word Kia has origins in the Chinese language with the first syllable, ki, meaning to "arise or come up out of." The second part of the word, a, refers to Asia. So when you put it all together, Kia means to "arise or come up out of Asia.

>> so that they can overthrow the US...

Are jobs available at Kia?
>> jobs ain't in da US, mus be overdare!!!

Current job listings are posted at Kia Jobs.

No jobs for lazy US swine,, must be willing to relocate to Asia and eat fish head soup three times day. :boohoo:

wow! hostility in this one runs deep!

DON'T know. I want to stay with American cars, but don't appreciate bad transmissions at 36000 miles. Don't like having my Dodge's computer fart and gasp after a rain storm, nor not knowing how much gas is in my tank because the sender has been defective (probably a bad ground wire) since day 1. Two dealers can't/won't fix it.

Mercedes isn't what they use to be... :-(( Mine has been a good value for the 16 years I have had it.. No more than a 1000 bucks to keep it running. It will fall apart before it stops running... Rust and vibration, the main enemies to a 240d

I bet your Dodge's puter was built in Japan. If your dodge is newer, there's a good chance it's tranny was designed and perhaps built in Germany.

(shrug)

dmp said:
wow! hostility in this one runs deep!

I bet your Dodge's puter was built in Japan. If your dodge is newer, there's a good chance it's tranny was designed and perhaps built in Germany.

(shrug)
What about the supercharger????!??!?!??!?

I think quite a few Fords are now built in Mexico now. Toyota plants are in the U.S. Its getting harder to define what an "American" car is. My car is Japanese (althouth Ford owns 51% of it) and was built in Japan. And I'm very happy with it :D

theHawk said:
I think quite a few Fords are now built in Mexico now. Toyota plants are in the U.S. Its getting harder to define what an "American" car is. My car is Japanese (althouth Ford owns 51% of it) and was built in Japan. And I'm very happy with it :D

Is it... a Mazda?

The ClayTaurus said:
Darin, make sure you mark him as one of the chosen many :)

ha! :) Yup - he's secure now...we'll make sure he's 'taken care of'.

:D

btw - just ordered 25hp for my wife's F150. Cost? $450.

Now...if we could get 25hp for that on OUR cars?? wow...

dmp said:
ha! :) Yup - he's secure now...we'll make sure he's 'taken care of'.

btw - just ordered 25hp for my wife's F150. Cost? $450.

Now...if we could get 25hp for that on OUR cars?? wow...

Is it a SUPERCHARGER???!!?!?!

If I wanted to increase my horsepower, I would just put an INSANE body kit on it. Man, the aerodynamical flow increases would be STUPENDOUS!

The ClayTaurus said:
Is it a SUPERCHARGER???!!?!?!

If I wanted to increase my horsepower, I would just put an INSANE body kit on it. Man, the aerodynamical flow increases would be STUPENDOUS!

SuperChips Xclalibrator II.

If I spring for another $500, I'd get intake and cat back and about 40-50hp gain.

Too cheap. It's 'her' truck.

lol :)

Planning on REVi + Duct, RBCatback, Rear shiny Rotor Logo Thing, and maybe Strakes for my car. :)

Oh - and good brake pads...and stickier tires perhaps. :)

Forum List

Back