US Armed "Mercenaries?"

Kathianne said:
Blackfive and some other milbloggers are a bit upset with this NY Times op-ed piece:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/25/opinion/25kennedy.html

I assume that since the NYT is now calling for a draft.........

Seriously, I hope the other bloggers don't sweat it too much. This guy is simply trying to low crawl into a position to ambush the administration on the war. His slap is too open to be effective.

If we were ever faced with a continent spanning war, I don't doubt that we'd get a draft. Then he'd be whining that it was unfair, just like the VN conflict. Hell, Charlie Rangel is calling the bonuses paid out "immoral" on the Hannity show a month or two ago.

Poor camoflage, and the target isn't even worth engaging.

pegwinn said:
I assume that since the NYT is now calling for a draft.........

Seriously, I hope the other bloggers don't sweat it too much. This guy is simply trying to low crawl into a position to ambush the administration on the war. His slap is too open to be effective.

If we were ever faced with a continent spanning war, I don't doubt that we'd get a draft. Then he'd be whining that it was unfair, just like the VN conflict. Hell, Charlie Rangel is calling the bonuses paid out "immoral" on the Hannity show a month or two ago.

Poor camoflage, and the target isn't even worth engaging.

Rangel is that useless waste of a vote who introduced a bill to reinstate the draft and then voted against it. And the whole time he was out yakking it up to the press, making it sound like Bush's idea. That's one piece of shit who needs to be bitch-slapped.

Forum List

Back