US Allies

Bill Scott

Rookie
Jan 11, 2011
May I bring to the attention of the American people the annoyance and sense of betrayal felt by many British people at the comments by Pres Obama how the French were the USA's greatest ally.

This is particularly upsetting when on our TV we are seeing the bodies of British soldiers being brought home to the UK.

If the USA ever enters another conflict then Pres Obama should ask the French to fight alongside the USA.

Bill Scott

Bill,
On behalf of true Americans everywhere, let me apologize for the moron and embarrassment that is our current President. He does NOT speak for us, and is no smarter than a bump on a log. He is not an "American" in the sense that he thinks our entire history (including that shared with Britain) is embarrassing and should be forgotten or changed.

France is nothing but a bunch of surrender monkeys, and no true American would every rely in the French for anything other than a nice Bordeaux or a fresh, smelly cheese.

"That guy" couldn't be any less like us than the French, so please take anything he says (and he certainly will say many more stupid things in the days ahead) with a massive grain of salt. Bear with us until 2012, when you, nor we, will ever hear of him again.

May I bring to the attention of the American people the annoyance and sense of betrayal felt by many British people at the comments by Pres Obama how the French were the USA's greatest ally.

This is particularly upsetting when on our TV we are seeing the bodies of British soldiers being brought home to the UK.

If the USA ever enters another conflict then Pres Obama should ask the French to fight alongside the USA.

Bill Scott

Don't let it get to you, Bill. It has been pretty obvious from the outset that Obama is no friend of Britain. He still holds a grudge about how the British treated his Mau Mau terrorist relatives in Kenya. Who gives a shit! He's probably having a hissy fit because, unlike Tony Blair, Cameron refuses to be a presidential lapdog.

As you say, let the French prove him right by sending THEIR young men and women to die in wars that are not involved in defence of the homeland. Somehow I can't see that! Not while French officers wear brown trousers!

The only " allies" the US of Fallen Mpyre has, are paid mercenaries.
The only reason the Queen and it's inbred snaggletoofs stand along is they STILL own you.
You go belly up, so do they.
Let it begin.

Bill Scott

Obama has 'issues' with the Brits... y'all were mean to his granddaddy. Ignore him. He's an ass. The only reason we'd want the French on our side would be offer advice on what color flag we need to surrender. :lol:

Welcome to the board.... the Brit Military rock.

question: Why are there trees along the Champs de Elysee?

answer: Germans like to march in the shade.

Please bear with us 2 more years and we would appreciate it if you would then send back that bust of Winston.

Please bear with us 2 more years and we would appreciate it if you would then send back that bust of Winston.

That whole 'send back the bust' thing still really pisses me off. Obama has the diplomacy skills of a 5 year old. He's an arrogant little brat in serious need of a nap.

That whole 'send back the bust' thing still really pisses me off. Obama has the diplomacy skills of a 5 year old. He's an arrogant little brat in serious need of a nap.

I agree. A simple "Fuck you all, including the Queen" on Presidential letterhead, would have been far more succinct, effective, and cheaper.

He is a completely clueless, narcissistic idiot.

Context seems to be missing, but that never stops the echo chamber. For perspective, consider our Declaration of Independence; the American Revolution was well received in France, both by the general population and the educated classes. The Revolution was perceived as the incarnation of the Enlightenment Spirit against the "English tyranny." Benjamin Franklin, dispatched to France in December of 1776 to rally her support, was welcomed with great enthusiasm, as numerous Frenchmen embarked for the Americas to volunteer for the Patriot war effort. Motivated by the prospect of glory in battle or animated by the sincere ideals of liberty and republicanism, volunteers included the likes of Pierre Charles L'Enfant, and La Fayette, who enlisted in 1776.

Bill Scott

As long as the Brits need help controlling the oil in Asia, I have very little fear that the UK is going to abandon the USA.

We are simply continuing to manage the MANDATE nations that you limeys so royally fucked up back in the 20's, ya know.

Show your appreciation.

The French OTOH, expect nothing from us and get it.

Bill Scott

When I read this I thought you were lying.

"No one is that stupid! Who would pick France over the UK and Poland?"

so I did a search

That moron actually did say it.

Just a look at our history plays it out. Sure France helped us in the Revolution, but lets be honest, it was less about helping us and more about sticking it to thier long time rival England.

Very little to go on from then until WW1, nothing until they needed us in WW2, and now nothing since. Those assholes actually wouldn't let us fly over France during Desert Shield/Storm (hmm I may be confusing that with another conflict)

France has become a country that needs us, we don't need them, it's just nice to have allies.

Don't worry man, obama's opinion on France is his and his alone. His defenders didn't give to wits about France until he blathered into the mic.

To hell with a time out, he needs a humiliating public "spanking".

Most dyed-in-the-wool democrats won't be surprised by this revelation at all, as the current 'blue bible', Dreams From My Father, written by Barack Allah, takes every opportunity to criticize the policy drawn-up and followed by the British Empire.

To an extent I can understand his grievances with a country that supposedly tortured his grandfather, but seeing as he's the POTUS, his feelings shouldn't cloud his judgement. Because, forgive me if I'm wrong, shouldn't professionalism take a front seat over past grievances suffered when you're in charge of the most powerful country on earth?

It's also worth remembering that the Mau Mau's were internationlly condemned as terrorists and that they were dealt with accordingly.

That aside...

Although I know that the GOP has openly (aswell as admirably) condemned what can only be described by some as a declaration of contempt, your current administration is putting the relationship between Washington and London in serious jeopardy. I know most sensible American's won't need to be directed to the British press, but for those of you who need a nudge in a revealing direction, there's been an outcry from both Westminster and the UK as a whole regarding Pres. Obama's comments.

Now, I know that the "Special Relationship" is a term bandied about with varying degrees of sincerety by citizens on both sides of the Atlantic, aswell as being equally disdained on each side of the Atlantic, but at least Bush valued what he knew was a valuable, if useful, ally. Clinton did, too.

And one last thing. When you've got a President back office who values a shared history and those who share their values in the heart aswell as in the head, perhaps we can ditch the shackles of NATO and invite those who've offered both our nations the hand of friendship instead of the beggars bowl into an alliance the enemies of the free world will truly fear.

Honestly, France spat in America's face when she was looking for allies in the build-up to the war on terror, and your president awards them this undeserved accolade? I'm no expert, but I'd bet good money that George Bush is fuming over this act of open betrayal.

Last edited:

Bill Scott

Relax, Bill. Nobody takes our President seriously. He's a stupid fuck up. That's all.

So let me see if I get this. When President Bush was in power, nothing the rest of the world said, be it ally, neutral or foe, made any difference..and it was "unpatriotic" to feel otherwise.

Now that President Obama is in power, any disappointment expressed by our allies is now valid.

This is the way that Conservatives want to "unite" the country? Or further divide it.

Most dyed-in-the-wool democrats won't be surprised by this revelation at all, as the current 'blue bible', Dreams From My Father, written by Barack Allah, takes every opportunity to criticize the policy drawn-up and followed by the British Empire.

To an extent I can understand his grievances with a country that supposedly tortured his grandfather, but seeing as he's the POTUS, his feelings shouldn't cloud his judgement. Because, forgive me if I'm wrong, shouldn't professionalism take a front seat over past grievances suffered when you're in charge of the most powerful country on earth?

It's also worth remembering that the Mau Mau's were internationlly condemned as terrorists and that they were dealt with accordingly.

That aside...

Although I know that the GOP has openly (aswell as admirably) condemned what can only be described by some as a declaration of contempt, your current administration is putting the relationship between Washington and London in serious jeopardy. I know most sensible American's won't need to be directed to the British press, but for those of you who need a nudge in a revealing direction, there's been an outcry from both Westminster and the UK as a whole regarding Pres. Obama's comments.

Now, I know that the "Special Relationship" is a term bandied about with varying degrees of sincerety by citizens on both sides of the Atlantic, aswell as being equally disdained on each side of the Atlantic, but at least Bush valued what he knew was a valuable, if useful, ally. Clinton did, too.

And one last thing. When you've got a President back office who values a shared history and those who share their values in the heart aswell as in the head, perhaps we can ditch the shackles of NATO and invite those who've offered both our nations the hand of friendship instead of the beggars bowl into an alliance the enemies of the free world will truly fear.

Honestly, France spat in America's face when she was looking for allies in the build-up to the war on terror, and your president awards them this undeserved accolade? I'm no expert, but I'd bet good money that George Bush is fuming over this act of open betrayal.

Note to Swagger..

We kicked your asses during the Revolution. France helped.:lol:

I'm waiting for Obama to make things better with the Muslim countries he alone was uniquelyl qualified to enable the US to better get along with.

When does that happen?

In the meantime, he's pissing off more countries faster than he's making new friends.

So let me see if I get this. When President Bush was in power, nothing the rest of the world said, be it ally, neutral or foe, made any difference..and it was "unpatriotic" to feel otherwise.

Now that President Obama is in power, any disappointment expressed by our allies is now valid.

This is the way that Conservatives want to "unite" the country? Or further divide it.

Valid criticism is always worth noting.

But it really is necessary for the criticism to be valid, first.

That aside...

Note to Swagger..

We kicked your asses during the Revolution. France helped.

Whilst I can't deny that the Thirteen Colonies parted company with the British Empire with the assistance of the French sooner than expected, it's widely aknowledged that their only motive was to redress the monstrous embarrassment they suffered at the hands of the British, and we still held-on to Canada, much to their chagrin. In short, they didn't care about America then, and they certainly don't care about you now. Unless you're giving them something, that is.

No, Barack Ohh La La was doing what he does best: sticking to his own agenda and ignoring his people.

When Bush was in we took what other countries said in stride, the way we always have.

The author here is not that country. I'm responding to a person that's concerned over obamas lie that France is a great ally.

pfft, If we cut off relations with France? who would notice and care?

Forum List

Back