US airstrike kills senior al-Qaida leader in Yemen

Thank you, President Obama.

Obama was not involved. :cuckoo: - "The strike was authorized by the Yemeni government, which then made the announcement after the operation was complete."

Would yemen have said yes if the U.S. Government had not made the request?

And when WE do that, who does the talking?

Even if we use an Ambassador or the Secretary of State or some top military brass, it still means that the President has made the request.

The US requested this of the Yemeni government way back in 2006.

Last edited:
Really not seeing your point, but it does bear a serious resemblance to "I'd rather swallow my tongue than give this administration credit in any way, shape or form.

Really not seeing your point, but it does bear a serious resemblance to "I'd rather swallow my tongue than give this administration credit in any way, shape or form.

Praise was bestowed on Obama & you have yet to show me where Obama was involved.

The U.S. first said it used targeted killing in November 2002, with the cooperation and approval of the government of Yemen. A CIA-controlled Predator drone fired a Hellfire missile at an SUV in the Yemeni desert containing Qaed Salim Sinan al-Harethi, a Yemeni suspected senior al-Qaeda lieutenant believed to have been the mastermind behind the October 2000 USS Cole bombing that killed 17 Americans.

Last edited:
Obama was not involved. :cuckoo: - "The strike was authorized by the Yemeni government, which then made the announcement after the operation was complete."

Even if we use an Ambassador or the Secretary of State or some top military brass, it still means that the President has made the request.

Maybe. Does this suggest that President Bush gets the credit or do you think, possibly, the request had to get repeated since then?

Maybe. Does this suggest that President Bush gets the credit or do you think, possibly, the request had to get repeated since then?

A link would be nice. Praise was bestowed on Obama, yet no one has yet to show me where Obama was involved.

The U.S. first said it used targeted killing in November 2002, with the cooperation and approval of the government of Yemen. A CIA-controlled Predator drone fired a Hellfire missile at an SUV in the Yemeni desert containing Qaed Salim Sinan al-Harethi, a Yemeni suspected senior al-Qaeda lieutenant believed to have been the mastermind behind the October 2000 USS Cole bombing that killed 17 Americans.

Last edited:

Praise was bestowed on Obama & you have yet to show me where Obama was involved.

See post #20.

I'm wondering how many of these kills happened on GWB's watch, now that you've brought it up.

A link would be nice. Praise was bestowed on Obama no one has yet to show me where Obama was involved.

A link for my question?

Since I am not privy to State Department or Pentagon cables, etc., I don't think I can link ya up about something that may or may not have been done on the incumbent's watch.

Fahd al Quso does not appear to be Qaed Salim Sinan al-Harethi for that matter. And that one may be implicated in that attack does not mean that he was the mastermind.

I am always happy that we have assisted another believer to met with his Allah.

If these strikes were not happening then I would be questioning the administration as to why not. Anyone in the position would give the nod on these.

Chances are that the President himself never knew about it until it was confirmed.

He is kind of busy these days...........

Didn't we learn anything from VietNam? Are we still in a place in history where another LBJ left wing administration tries to fool Americans into thinking that we can win the war on terrorism by taking out "senior Al-Queda leaders" offered for the picking by corrupt regimes with million dollar air strikes and million dollar bribes during an election year?

Corrupt regimes do it all the time. If the price is right they will find a patsy for a drug arrest or give the location of a "al-Queda terrorist". You can count on the CIA or Hillary's State Dept not to spill the beans about the bribe arrangements and the multi-million dollar raid won't be included in Barry Hussein's campaign budget.

Didn't we learn anything from VietNam? Are we still in a place in history where another LBJ left wing administration tries to fool Americans into thinking that we can win the war on terrorism by taking out "senior Al-Queda leaders" offered for the picking by corrupt regimes with million dollar air strikes and million dollar bribes during an election year?
Are you some kind of liberal commie Al Queda supporter?

I know that I will be able to sleep safe and sound tonight because this guy is history. :cool:

So when a Republican is next elected, we can take all his credit, and give it to Obama; right?

Why? - I did not give Bush credit for this air strike. I also did not yet give any credit to Obama because no one has proven he was involved. "The strike was authorized by the Yemeni government"

We do have a standing agreement with the Yemeni government to kill terrorist.

Last edited:

I know that I will be able to sleep safe and sound tonight because this guy is history. :cool:

Yeah sunny, we need to take out Al-Queda terrorists one by one with million dollar strikes that don't mean shit so you think you can sleep safe and sound. I'd like to sleep safe and sound when NATO bombers are unleashed in Afghanistan like they were in Libya and American Troops are given some support so they can come home but that ain't likely to happen is it?

Yeah sunny, we need to take out Al-Queda terrorists one by one with million dollar strikes that don't mean shit so you think you can sleep safe and sound. I'd like to sleep safe and sound when NATO bombers are unleashed in Afghanistan like they were in Libya and American Troops are given some support so they can come home but that ain't likely to happen is it?
Nope

I am a Vietnam Era Vet.

Gen, WasteMoreLand and Nixon were always giving press release's about killing some NVA commander or top VC leader.

As if it was really making a difference in the war effort.

Basically, it was just pablum being spoon feed to the American people.

Much like these high publicity drone strikes.

We all know how Vietnam turn out in the end.

I don't see much difference when it comes to Afghanistan. :doubt:

Forum List

Back