US airforce propels ISIS offensive against Syrian army in Deir Ezzor

When there is a Senator who openly opposes the US government´s Syria policy, his name is Richard Black, national hero. Hopefully, Trump will invite Black to advise him on foreign affairs.
Very unlikely. Advisers on foreign affairs should be cynical pragmatics with a huge experience in realpolitik. I think Trump realizes that.

When there is a Senator who openly opposes the US government´s Syria policy, his name is Richard Black, national hero. Hopefully, Trump will invite Black to advise him on foreign affairs.
Very unlikely. Advisers on foreign affairs should be cynical pragmatics with a huge experience in realpolitik. I think Trump realizes that.
He announced changes in the foreign policy...

Sure. And what changes do you expect? Name say three main issues the American approach to which will be changed after Trump’s victory.

Sure. And what changes do you expect? Name say three main issues the American approach to which will be changed after Trump’s victory.
1. No disadvantageous treaties for the US
2. No free defense for US allies
3. No unnecessary military action

That is what Trump basically announced.

1. No disadvantageous treaties for the US
2. No free defense for US allies
3. No unnecessary military action

That is what Trump basically announced.
Actually, that is nothing. These points are too blurred and therefore don’t mean much.

Okay, le’s narrow them to the Syrian issue. What do you expect in this case?

Actually, that is nothing. These points are too blurred and therefore don’t mean much.
Everything being said prior to the elections can be reduced to nothing. But the changes Trump announced can amount to a real reshaping of the World´s alliances.
Donald Trump is right about one thing: Nato is obsolete

Trump was quite clear on that issue: "Bomb the shit out of ISIS".

Trump was quite clear on that issue: "Bomb the shit out of ISIS".[/QUOTE]

It is impossible to just bomb the shit out of ISIS (it is actually a slogan and nothing more). Only a ground operation can be effective in this case (or it can be ineffective but in any case you can’t expect much without it). And I hope you don’t expect Trump to begin supporting Assad in this operation.

It is impossible to just bomb the shit out of ISIS (it is actually a slogan and nothing more). Only a ground operation can be effective in this case (or it can be ineffective but in any case you can’t expect much without it). And I hope you don’t expect Trump to begin supporting Assad in this operation.
It is what he said he is going to do. As for the ground forces, they are already there but they are bound by other terrorist armies. You see that ISIS and the so called rebels (al-Qaeda) benefit from each other´s existence. If Trump is going to lawfully intervene in Syria, he is going to ask for the Syrian government´s allowance and cooperate with the Syrian government against ISIS and al-Qaeda.

It is what he said he is going to do. As for the ground forces, they are already there but they are bound by other terrorist armies. You see that ISIS and the so called rebels (al-Qaeda) benefit from each other´s existence. If Trump is going to lawfully intervene in Syria, he is going to ask for the Syrian government´s allowance and cooperate with the Syrian government against ISIS and al-Qaeda.
That’s utopia. Trump won’t be allowed to destroy relations with Turkey and the Gulf monarchies which have been developed for decades. The American president isn’t like a medieval oriental despot who can do things on his own. Besides, I doubt that he will have a desire to do so. ISIS is virtually done (at least in its current state-like form) with Assad or without him.

That’s utopia. Trump won’t be allowed to destroy relations with Turkey and the Gulf monarchies which have been developed for decades. The American president isn’t like a medieval oriental despot who can do things on his own. Besides, I doubt that he will have a desire to do so. ISIS is virtually done (at least in its current state-like form) with Assad or without him.
The relations with Turkey are not the same anymore after the coup attempt and the US public thinks that Saudi Arabia has something to do with 9/11. ISIS is far from being done and still a key in the US´s current agenda with massive supply and manpower at its disposal. It is conducting large offensives at Deir Ezzr, Palmyra and Aleppo.
Trump can denounce this false alliances and has chances to be successful. Saudi Arabia needs to sell oil, anyway.
Many Americans think they just could lift a finger and ISIS vanishes but this is childish. Thousands of airstrikes but ISIS is still attacking.
It is the very future that certainly concerns Trump. ISIS and the groups alike would pose an immense threat to the West if they could establish their rule which they can´t only because of Assad and his allies. Massive ISIS oil trade has lowered the price, so even Saudi Arabia should have a motive to support the war on terror. But they don´t, although they are summoning monsters they don´t control and that attack them.

Forum List

Back