US aircraft carriers in worst shape in decades

One of my posts wound him up. Without imagination, he can't cope with "out of the box" ideas and has to insult to distract.

I insult people who are stupid. Most of the time they are so stupid they don't even recognize it.
You insult because you seek validation, and status. Something you failed to achieve in the Navy (if you ever actually served); and are now relegated to seeking it on anonymous message boards...

I am sorry...
How about that? Something we agree on...

Editing such as that is a TOS violation. I see that you are not above lying!

Consider yourself reported and ignored. Goodbye, asshole!
What’s the matter “Mr. Accomplished”? Can’t defend your adopted online persona? That’s okay... Just amble your way back to the VFW and sit in on a few more stories to adopt into your online persona. Who knows? You might even convince someone of your “accomplished” status...

The Obama reference aside, I beg to differ.. The article makes a quantum leap in assumption by claiming "U.S. Carriers are in he worst shape in decades" based on the number of deployments. I ain't got a freaking clue why Reuters would make up a story like this. It isn't hard to find references to the new Nimitz class Gerald Ford as well as the USS Reagan and the Carl Vinson. Despite the 8 years of the Obama administration the U.S. remains the greatest Naval fighting force that the world has ever seen.
Some are getting old..........and getting more expensive to keep them going...........time to replace some.
There is no evidence of that.

The Obama reference aside, I beg to differ.. The article makes a quantum leap in assumption by claiming "U.S. Carriers are in he worst shape in decades" based on the number of deployments. I ain't got a freaking clue why Reuters would make up a story like this. It isn't hard to find references to the new Nimitz class Gerald Ford as well as the USS Reagan and the Carl Vinson. Despite the 8 years of the Obama administration the U.S. remains the greatest Naval fighting force that the world has ever seen.
Some are getting old..........and getting more expensive to keep them going...........time to replace some.
I posted evidence in this thread. Over 4 decades old and an extra year in the yard for Ike.

I posted evidence in this thread. Over 4 decades old and an extra year in the yard for Ike.

Was that extra year because of funding or needed repairs?

I am betting it was lack of funding.

I believe it was extra repairs, but the article didn't go deep on the problems.

I believe it was extra repairs, but the article didn't go deep on the problems.

If you dig a little deeper, the sequester was the reason.

Forum List

Back