US Air Force Academy designates area for pagan worship

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
The US Air Force Academy in Colorado has designated an outdoor worship area for followers of Druidism and other pagan or Earth-centered religions.

A double circle of stones atop a hill on the campus has been designated for cadets and other service personnel in the area to practice Earth-centered faiths. The military academy, which trains Air Force officers, also has worship facilities for Christians, Jews, Muslims and Buddhists. (AP)

US Air Force Academy designates area for pagan worship - Israel News, Ynetnews

So what's the issue? This isn't new for the military. I'm not sure about the service academies. Aren't military chaplains equipped to perform services in most religions. Whether you agree with it or not; it is a constitutional right.

Thats a big move for the Air Force Academy given their heavy fundamentalist Christian core. In the past they have been criticized for forcing cadets to profess Christian faith.

We will have to see how cadets who use the pagan circle are treated

The US Air Force Academy in Colorado has designated an outdoor worship area for followers of Druidism and other pagan or Earth-centered religions.

A double circle of stones atop a hill on the campus has been designated for cadets and other service personnel in the area to practice Earth-centered faiths. The military academy, which trains Air Force officers, also has worship facilities for Christians, Jews, Muslims and Buddhists. (AP)

US Air Force Academy designates area for pagan worship - Israel News, Ynetnews

Sounds like they're half way to a jerk...

Should the military be wasting money on religion of any kind?

I always found it funny that the military employs chaplains. Thou shall not kill and all that.

Last edited:
Should the military be wasting money on religion of any kind?

I always found it funny that the military employs chaplains. Thou shall not kill and all that.

Chaplains serve a vital role in the military; only someone completely ignorant about the reality of battlefield service could suggest otherwise.

Forum List

Back