US aid to Haiti =100 million. US banker annual salary bonus=100 million.

I just love the liberal Democrat bellyaching crybabies....They want to stay home watch TV and collect their government checks and cry about how other people are doing so much better then they are. You don't like the fact America doesn't give enough to people around the world? go out get a job and donate as much or as little as you like. Haiti has gotten hundreds of millions of dollars in aid from America and the world and are no better off today then they were 20 years ago,doesn't that tell you something?

I'm not really sure what to do about it. Nobody does. But think about it, if say, 50 years down the road, 10% of the US population has 90% of the money, what will it be like? Will all those people think "This is the American way, I earned it, I deserve it."

By all accounts, I am guilty of this. When I was 17 years old, in 1990, I made $2.85 per hour. I DREAMED of being head of the night crew, it paid around $3.50 if I remember correctly. Then, in 1997, I dreamed of hopefully one day making $30,000 per year. Now, I will honestly tell everyone on this board I make around $55,000 per year. Is it enough? Yes. Do I want more? Yes, and I always will. But I WILL NOT put others in the poor house to get more. And if your asking, yes, I donate to local charity's and activities, pretty much every month.

I really don't know where it all ends, but I'm happy where I'm at. I'm sure people on this board will think "that guy makes too much money", just like I think about the billion dollar banker. I just had to post this thread because the whole think makes me sick. Every been to a third world country? I have.

Are you really under the belief that's what people will think about you??

No, not at all. But if someone is on this board, and works 50 hours a week and makes $22,000 year, they will say "What's that guy crying about? He's loaded!" But I think I make a fair living, some would say good, some would laugh at my pay. And we all have different "lifestyles" we feel comfortable with. I actually do have a buddy who makes about that much per year, in my mind, I would be struggling horribly if I made that. Maybe the billion dollar banker would struggle at only making 50 million per year. Like I said, who's to draw the line? Thankfully, not me.

You want someone from the government to draw that line??

If Haitians were smart, they'd petition for status as a US territory and then statehood after the place is rebuilt.

Lots of of housing companies would move in to build better homes and American businesses bring jobs.

☭proletarian☭;1968029 said:
If Haitians were smart, they'd petition for status as a US territory and then statehood after the place is rebuilt.

Lots of of housing companies would move in to build better homes and American businesses bring jobs.

I doubt the Haitian government (or any government) would let that happen without much of a fight.

who gives a shit about haiti? It's France's fault, yet here we are cleaning up their mess ONCE AGAIN. Whine whine whine.

The title says it all. One mans bonus (Goldman Sachs) can help an entire country. Its sickening. 100 million sounds like a lot to some people (most people), but to some, their annual "bonus" is just that, a bonus. What in the world does one person do to "earn" a bonus that big? It's because the banks are indeed, corrupt. This is why the middle class is going to disappear. We're going to end up like a 3rd world country, either filthy rich or dead broke. It might take a hundred years, but if we don't change something, it will happen, no more middle class.

How about a salary cap? Say only 10 million per year? Oh my, what will happen to those bankers? Can they scrape by on 10 million? I'm afraid they might go hungry........Do these bankers not have a conscious? Do they really think they are "worth" it? :eek:

OH NOES,, NOT ANOTHER LIBTARD WHINING ABOUT BANKERS,, WHY DON'T YA POST SOMETHING DEROGATORY ABOUT FOX NEWS BUDDY WE ARE SHORT ON FOX NEWS WHINES AROUND HERE.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

AREN'T THERE ANY LIBTARDS WITH A BRAIN?????

The title says it all. One mans bonus (Goldman Sachs) can help an entire country. Its sickening. 100 million sounds like a lot to some people (most people), but to some, their annual "bonus" is just that, a bonus. What in the world does one person do to "earn" a bonus that big? It's because the banks are indeed, corrupt. This is why the middle class is going to disappear. We're going to end up like a 3rd world country, either filthy rich or dead broke. It might take a hundred years, but if we don't change something, it will happen, no more middle class.

How about a salary cap? Say only 10 million per year? Oh my, what will happen to those bankers? Can they scrape by on 10 million? I'm afraid they might go hungry........Do these bankers not have a conscious? Do they really think they are "worth" it? :eek:

OH NOES,, NOT ANOTHER LIBTARD WHINING ABOUT BANKERS,, WHY DON'T YA POST SOMETHING DEROGATORY ABOUT FOX NEWS BUDDY WE ARE SHORT ON FOX NEWS WHINES AROUND HERE.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no.

Why not just kill them..??....the rich, I mean....

☭proletarian☭;1968029 said:

I doubt the Haitian government (or any government) would let that happen without much of a fight.
Then they're fucking stupid.

They'd be better off with us than on their own.

It looks like someone hasn't been getting enough attention lately.

You're becoming more shrill by the day.

Want to control bank pay? Buy stock in the bank till you have enough to matter and vote in the Board meetings. Asking the Government to ILLEGALLY cap a Private business is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Yep that is the way it works. One can buy great amounts of stock in the bank or the mutual fund company and then spend the customers money to buy more banks and buy more investment firms and the investment firms then can invest in the companies that the banker chooses. The average stockholder has no say whatsoever in how the investments are made or how the board members and ceo's are paid. This is why we have mega-corps that now rule almost every aspect of our government. They have multi-national control over money, food, health, policies and politicians. They have spread like cancer throughout.

Corporate stock holders rarely have a voice in the pay that ceo's and board members receive. It is not because these ceo's are just great money makers that are playing on a level playing field.

Here is a good article on the subject of ceo pay.

Should CEO pay restrictions spread to all corporations? / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

Last year, New York Democratic Senator Charles Schumer, highly dependent on Wall Street for campaign contributions, did not support a measure closing the hedge-fund tax loophole. Yet, argues Anderson, it was "a no brainer."

Last edited:
This nation is built on freedom, especially economic freedom. The idea that we should be able to tell other people they cant make a certain amount of money is absurd and unamerican. Let's just screw that guy because we wont do what he has done or cant do it. How does screwing other people over benefit us?

The bankers can tell you how it benefits them. They, and our politicians which looked the other way bilked this country for too long. People have looked the other way for too long because it's been comfortable for upper and lower middle class. Now it is downright scary and the fat cats need to curb their greed.

Forum List

Back