US aid to Haiti =100 million. US banker annual salary bonus=100 million.

andy753

Nov 15, 2009
The title says it all. One mans bonus (Goldman Sachs) can help an entire country. Its sickening. 100 million sounds like a lot to some people (most people), but to some, their annual "bonus" is just that, a bonus. What in the world does one person do to "earn" a bonus that big? It's because the banks are indeed, corrupt. This is why the middle class is going to disappear. We're going to end up like a 3rd world country, either filthy rich or dead broke. It might take a hundred years, but if we don't change something, it will happen, no more middle class.

How about a salary cap? Say only 10 million per year? Oh my, what will happen to those bankers? Can they scrape by on 10 million? I'm afraid they might go hungry........Do these bankers not have a conscious? Do they really think they are "worth" it? :eek:

Last edited:
He makes billions of dollars for the company. That's how he earns a bonus like that.

He makes billions of dollars for the company. That's how he earns a bonus like that.

and he lost billions of dollars too and still has his job.
I am tired of that mythical crap that they get the big bucks for taking the risks. What risks?

So what your saying is that if someone thinks an employee is worth 100 million dollars, they shouldnt be allowed to pay him and that an employee is not allowed to negotiate the amount he feels he is worth just because you dont like it?

Why on earth should we lose our freedom to work hard and find the American dream just because you cant?

Yeah, I know he makes billions for the company. But is he worth $360,000 per day? I say this from the outside looking in, but nobody, NOBODY, should earn that kind of money. It's that our perception of money has become out of whack with reality. I bet that guy sits at home in a $30,000 recliner and thinks "I deserve this".

I know I'm not fully educated about the entire process, but those banks lost their butts. The government bailed them out (with our money), paid it back, and now in their minds, they have corrected the situation. Maybe they have with the government, but what about the American people?

Beyonce and Jay Z made 260,000,000 dollars last year, should they have a cap on what they can earn?

and all the pro sports players......

no whining about that....just the guys in suits, they are evil because they don't shoot hoops, tackle, or hit home runs

liberal logic

Yeah, I know he makes billions for the company. But is he worth $360,000 per day? I say this from the outside looking in, but nobody, NOBODY, should earn that kind of money. It's that our perception of money has become out of whack with reality. I bet that guy sits at home in a $30,000 recliner and thinks "I deserve this".

I know I'm not fully educated about the entire process, but those banks lost their butts. The government bailed them out (with our money), paid it back, and now in their minds, they have corrected the situation. Maybe they have with the government, but what about the American people?

where is your whine about movie stars, sports stars......

I'm not really sure what to do about it. Nobody does. But think about it, if say, 50 years down the road, 10% of the US population has 90% of the money, what will it be like? Will all those people think "This is the American way, I earned it, I deserve it."

By all accounts, I am guilty of this. When I was 17 years old, in 1990, I made $2.85 per hour. I DREAMED of being head of the night crew, it paid around $3.50 if I remember correctly. Then, in 1997, I dreamed of hopefully one day making $30,000 per year. Now, I will honestly tell everyone on this board I make around $55,000 per year. Is it enough? Yes. Do I want more? Yes, and I always will. But I WILL NOT put others in the poor house to get more. And if your asking, yes, I donate to local charity's and activities, pretty much every month.

I really don't know where it all ends, but I'm happy where I'm at. I'm sure people on this board will think "that guy makes too much money", just like I think about the billion dollar banker. I just had to post this thread because the whole think makes me sick. Every been to a third world country? I have.

Beyonce and Jay Z made 260,000,000 dollars last year, should they have a cap on what they can earn?

no whining about that....just the guys in suits, they are evil because they don't shoot hoops, tackle, or hit home runs

liberal logic

I don't know if my logic is liberal, and I don't care. My logic is about humanity and helping it. Want a true story about sports figures? I'm in the powersports industry. Motorcycles to narrow it down. Years ago, there was a team who had "X" amount of dollars for an annual budget. The team was actually up and running for 4 seasons. The owner of the team sucked sooooo much money out of the team, when they shut the doors, it owed everyone money. The riders, mechanics, the agent, and suppliers. I don't know the exact numbers, but they filed bankruptcy, and the owner walked away. My friend drives by his mansion every day. He sucked money from every one involved, and walked away. Riders, trainers, mechanics, all out of jobs. One man took the biggest chunk of money, if he would have ran it properly it most likely would still be going.

This is pretty much the same thing that happened with the banks, but the team didn't bailed out by the public.

And do you honestly think that basketball player who got in trouble for having a gun in the locker room a couple of months ago is worth $174,000 per game? DO YOU? For 3 hours of "gameplay"? You're correct, he is if someone pays it. :cuckoo:

I'm not really sure what to do about it. Nobody does. But think about it, if say, 50 years down the road, 10% of the US population has 90% of the money, what will it be like? Will all those people think "This is the American way, I earned it, I deserve it."

By all accounts, I am guilty of this. When I was 17 years old, in 1990, I made $2.85 per hour. I DREAMED of being head of the night crew, it paid around $3.50 if I remember correctly. Then, in 1997, I dreamed of hopefully one day making $30,000 per year. Now, I will honestly tell everyone on this board I make around $55,000 per year. Is it enough? Yes. Do I want more? Yes, and I always will. But I WILL NOT put others in the poor house to get more. And if your asking, yes, I donate to local charity's and activities, pretty much every month.

I really don't know where it all ends, but I'm happy where I'm at. I'm sure people on this board will think "that guy makes too much money", just like I think about the billion dollar banker. I just had to post this thread because the whole think makes me sick. Every been to a third world country? I have.

Are you really under the belief that's what people will think about you??

where is your whine about movie stars, sports stars......

Okay, my whine about movie stars. They make soooooo much money, that when you see a movie, you pay $12.00 for a ticket, $12.00 for popcorn and a soda, (!) and $6.00 for M&M's. But you know what? I still go a few times a year and enjoy it, but I know there are people who haven't been in years because they can't afford it.

I'm a business man myself, I know how every dollar trickles down to pennies. If I paid myself less, I could sell for less. The point I'm trying to get across is, at some point, we need to limit our personal profit. I don't know where to draw the line, and if I were in charge of that line, I would be terrified on my guess on where to put it. I think people need to draw their own line..................

Are you really under the belief that's what people will think about you??

No, not at all. But if someone is on this board, and works 50 hours a week and makes $22,000 year, they will say "What's that guy crying about? He's loaded!" But I think I make a fair living, some would say good, some would laugh at my pay. And we all have different "lifestyles" we feel comfortable with. I actually do have a buddy who makes about that much per year, in my mind, I would be struggling horribly if I made that. Maybe the billion dollar banker would struggle at only making 50 million per year. Like I said, who's to draw the line? Thankfully, not me.

Last edited:
So what your saying is that if someone thinks an employee is worth 100 million dollars, they shouldnt be allowed to pay him and that an employee is not allowed to negotiate the amount he feels he is worth just because you dont like it?

Why on earth should we lose our freedom to work hard and find the American dream just because you cant?

Those big megabucks are all done by a good ol boy network. Not HR and such.

And no that is not what I said. I said they do not deserve the big bucks for taking the risks, because there is no penalty for them failing.

Last edited:

liberal logic

Yeah, penalize the people who actually earn their money through hard work instead of because people are entertained by what they do.

The title says it all. One mans bonus (Goldman Sachs) can help an entire country. Its sickening. 100 million sounds like a lot to some people (most people), but to some, their annual "bonus" is just that, a bonus. What in the world does one person do to "earn" a bonus that big? It's because the banks are indeed, corrupt. This is why the middle class is going to disappear. We're going to end up like a 3rd world country, either filthy rich or dead broke. It might take a hundred years, but if we don't change something, it will happen, no more middle class.

How about a salary cap? Say only 10 million per year? Oh my, what will happen to those bankers? Can they scrape by on 10 million? I'm afraid they might go hungry........Do these bankers not have a conscious? Do they really think they are "worth" it? :eek:

The people making those massive salaries are presiding over decisions all the time that could net their company millions. You really think the companies would give them huge bonuses for no reason? Their business would suffer and the stockholders would demand blood.

Nothing good can come out of salary caps.

liberal logic

Yeah, penalize the people who actually earn their money through hard work instead of because people are entertained by what they do.

You think pro sports doesn't require hard work? :cuckoo:

And what the fuck are you going to do when someone makes something that nets them more than that per day, like say Windows?

Forum List

Back