US aid to Haiti =100 million. US banker annual salary bonus=100 million.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by andy753, Feb 1, 2010.

1. andy753

andy753 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The title says it all. One mans bonus (Goldman Sachs) can help an entire country. Its sickening. 100 million sounds like a lot to some people (most people), but to some, their annual "bonus" is just that, a bonus. What in the world does one person do to "earn" a bonus that big? It's because the banks are indeed, corrupt. This is why the middle class is going to disappear. We're going to end up like a 3rd world country, either filthy rich or dead broke. It might take a hundred years, but if we don't change something, it will happen, no more middle class.

How about a salary cap? Say only 10 million per year? Oh my, what will happen to those bankers? Can they scrape by on 10 million? I'm afraid they might go hungry........Do these bankers not have a conscious? Do they really think they are "worth" it? :eek:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    Lets just ship the banker to Haiti?

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    He makes billions of dollars for the company. That's how he earns a bonus like that.

4. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    and he lost billions of dollars too and still has his job.
    I am tired of that mythical crap that they get the big bucks for taking the risks. What risks?

5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,163
    So what your saying is that if someone thinks an employee is worth 100 million dollars, they shouldnt be allowed to pay him and that an employee is not allowed to negotiate the amount he feels he is worth just because you dont like it?

Why on earth should we lose our freedom to work hard and find the American dream just because you cant?

6. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Beyonce and Jay Z made 260,000,000 dollars last year, should they have a cap on what they can earn?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. andy753

andy753 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yeah, I know he makes billions for the company. But is he worth $360,000 per day? I say this from the outside looking in, but nobody, NOBODY, should earn that kind of money. It's that our perception of money has become out of whack with reality. I bet that guy sits at home in a $30,000 recliner and thinks "I deserve this".

I know I'm not fully educated about the entire process, but those banks lost their butts. The government bailed them out (with our money), paid it back, and now in their minds, they have corrected the situation. Maybe they have with the government, but what about the American people?

8. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    and all the pro sports players......

no whining about that....just the guys in suits, they are evil because they don't shoot hoops, tackle, or hit home runs

liberal logic

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Yurt

Yurt Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,038
    where is your whine about movie stars, sports stars......

10. andy753

andy753 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm not really sure what to do about it. Nobody does. But think about it, if say, 50 years down the road, 10% of the US population has 90% of the money, what will it be like? Will all those people think "This is the American way, I earned it, I deserve it."

By all accounts, I am guilty of this. When I was 17 years old, in 1990, I made $2.85 per hour. I DREAMED of being head of the night crew, it paid around $3.50 if I remember correctly. Then, in 1997, I dreamed of hopefully one day making $30,000 per year. Now, I will honestly tell everyone on this board I make around $55,000 per year. Is it enough? Yes. Do I want more? Yes, and I always will. But I WILL NOT put others in the poor house to get more. And if your asking, yes, I donate to local charity's and activities, pretty much every month.

I really don't know where it all ends, but I'm happy where I'm at. I'm sure people on this board will think "that guy makes too much money", just like I think about the billion dollar banker. I just had to post this thread because the whole think makes me sick. Every been to a third world country? I have.