US agrees with Putin's suggestion of Syrian ceasefire

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
At first they were hesitant but it looks like Kerry is now going to announce that the US and other countries are going to jump on the bandwagon.

As Martha Stewart used to say "this is a good thing".

Russia proposes March 1 ceasefire in Syria, U.S. sources say
Countries discuss different options in Munich this week for ending the Syrian civil war

Russia, U.S., disagree over timeline for Syria ceasefire

Last edited:
At first they were hesitant but it looks like Kerry is now going to announce that the US and other countries are going to jump on the bandwagon.

Countries discuss different options in Munich this week for ending the Syrian civil war

Sure hope this works. I don't even know what it's all about, this war in Syria. I know we want Assad out, but not sure that would work the way we hope, and I don't know who the insurgents are or exactly what they are fighting over. If they take a breather at least long enough to identify the combatants, it might help the rest of the world figure out what to do to address the various problems.

Sure hope this works. I don't even know what it's all about, this war in Syria. I know we want Assad out, but not sure that would work the way we hope, and I don't know who the insurgents are or exactly what they are fighting over. If they take a breather at least long enough to identify the combatants, it might help the rest of the world figure out what to do to address the various problems.
Fear not,the people placed in charge through our representative form of government know what's going on and who the players are. They have now taken up the position, after many years of war, that a ceasefire is in their best interests at this time.....not in the coming month as the Russians propose. A clear indication that the Russians are calling the shots and are going to succeed in their mission in Syria. All of humanity should be thankful for the Russian people's sacrifice in attempting to bring stability to Syria.

Fear not,the people placed in charge through our representative form of government know what's going on and who the players are. They have now taken up the position, after many years of war, that a ceasefire is in their best interests at this time.....not in the coming month as the Russians propose. A clear indication that the Russians are calling the shots and are going to succeed in their mission in Syria. All of humanity should be thankful for the Russian people's sacrifice in attempting to bring stability to Syria.
Tehon, I seriously doubt the Russian people are 'sacrificing' much to bring stability to Syria, but a cease fire definitely IS in the best interests of both our countries. Russia has been dealing with militant Muslims for years in Chechnya as they murdered groups of people in gathering places like theaters and shopping areas. And we have our problems with same, as in San Berdoo among other places. Syria is a training ground for maladjusted Muslim madness. I think both sides are playing both our nations and it is time to take stock of our goals there. Seems like a cease fire is a good start...no matter who brings it about.

The only things Russia sacrificed were all of the bombs they dropped on Syrian civilians as they did Assad's dirty work for him.

Tehon, I seriously doubt the Russian people are 'sacrificing' much to bring stability to Syria, but a cease fire definitely IS in the best interests of both our countries. Russia has been dealing with militant Muslims for years in Chechnya as they murdered groups of people in gathering places like theaters and shopping areas. And we have our problems with same, as in San Berdoo among other places. Syria is a training ground for maladjusted Muslim madness. I think both sides are playing both our nations and it is time to take stock of our goals there. Seems like a cease fire is a good start...no matter who brings it about.
The Russians have put their lives at risk and at a financial cost to defeat the terrorists. A ceasefire at this juncture would be counter productive to achieving the goals Russia has set in Syria and also to protecting themselves at home. The US knows it, that is why they want an immediate cease fire, not one that starts in a month.

All of humanity should be thankful for the Russian people's sacrifice in attempting to bring stability to Syria.
The fuck you say.

Russians have been indiscriminately bombing non-combatants in Syria. Putin has not sent troops there to defeat ISIS. He is there to bomb the civilians into submission to Assad, period.

All of humanity owes the Russian people a big "FUCK YOU!"

The US is not agreeing to a Putin suggestion, hack. The US has called for a ceasefire for some time, and they want one immediately.

Putin wants to keep bombing civilians until March.

Stop stroking Putin's cock.

The US is not agreeing to a Putin suggestion, hack. The US has called for a ceasefire for some time, and they want one immediately.

Yes, Putin is definitely calling the shots.

Putin is a bit player. His efforts against ISIS are dwarfed by the US coalition's efforts against ISIS. Most of Putin's effort has been aimed at preserving the power of his client Assad, and killing as many civilians as it takes to do it.

Syria has long been a client state of Iran and Russia. Putin resents us horning in there. It is we who are changing the game. That's why Putin is thrashing about so much.

Putin's economy is in the shitter, and Putin is all hat and no cattle. He's a cheap thug.

Putin is a bit player. His efforts against ISIS are dwarfed by the US coalition's efforts against ISIS. Most of Putin's effort has been aimed at preserving the power of his client Assad, and killing as many civilians as it takes to do it.

Syria has long been a client state of Iran and Russia. Putin resents us horning in there. It is we who are changing the game. That's why Putin is thrashing about so much.

Putin's economy is in the shitter, and Putin is all hat and no cattle. He's a cheap thug.
It is true that the situation in Syria was thrust upon Putin, he took a big risk by intervening. It is also true that anyone with half a brain can understand that, loyalties aside, the most effective way to combat ISIS is by empowering Assad. Putin may be a bit player and he may lose in the long run but his strategy to defeat ISIS makes the US strategy look anemic. So much so that one might conclude the US strategy was to protect ISIS till at least Assad was gone. That is unconscionable.

Has Aleppo fallen to Russia yet? There won't be any cease fire until that happens even if Putin has to bomb ever one of obama's isis allies into dust.

All of humanity should be thankful for the Russian people's sacrifice in attempting to bring stability to Syria.
The fuck you say.

Russians have been indiscriminately bombing non-combatants in Syria. Putin has not sent troops there to defeat ISIS. He is there to bomb the civilians into submission to Assad, period.

US has been working for years to overthrow Assad. Fuck you asshole. Obama and the west have given the world ISIS by providing funds and weaponry and playing a proxy war against Assad with Qatar, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Like our leaders haven't fucked up the ME enough?

America and west caused this shit in Syria along with the Sunni states.

Putin is taking ISIS out. And where do you get your bullshit on civilians anyway? From YOUR biased media?

Has Aleppo fallen to Russia yet? There won't be any cease fire until that happens even if Putin has to bomb ever one of obama's isis allies into dust.

Aleppo is tricky because you have civilians under the rule of ISIS and other terror groups. So sadly there will be some civilian deaths but not like what the west is claiming.

Putin is taking ISIS out. And where do you get your bullshit on civilians anyway? From YOUR biased media?

Everyone knows Putin is not fighting ISIS. He is fighting to protect Assad. It can't be helped you keep yourself in the dark.

Everyone knows Putin is not fighting ISIS. He is fighting to protect Assad. It can't be helped you keep yourself in the dark.

Every one knows Assad is an ally. But Putin has a big stake in taking down ISIS. Chechen jihadists. America has no claim to this bullshit in Syria.

ISIS is not a priority for Putin. Never has been. Only the dumbest of rubes thought he was kicking ISIS's ass. :lol:

The fuck you say.

US has been working for years to overthrow Assad. Fuck you asshole. Obama and the west have given the world ISIS by providing funds and weaponry and playing a proxy war against Assad with Qatar, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Like our leaders haven't fucked up the ME enough?

America and west caused this shit in Syria along with the Sunni states.

Russia and Putin are barely fighting ISIS. Their efforts are focused on other groups. Some of them are Jihadist like al Nusra, but those groups are not ISIS. Is ISIS included in this truce proposal?

New Topics

Forum List

Back