US 'absolutely' concerned Israel will attack Iran

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Senior military official says unsure Israel would inform US of plans to strike Iran, carefully monitoring region ahead of IAEA report.

The United States fears that Israel may be preparing a strike on Iran over the Islamic Republic's nuclear program, a senior military official told CNN on Friday.

The senior official said that the US was "absolutely" concerned about a potential Israeli attack, and said that the US military is "increasingly vigilant" of activities in both Israel and Iran that could indicate military intentions.

The official also said that while the US had no intention of striking Iran, it was uncertain that Israel would inform America of its intentions should it choose to take out Iran's nuclear facilities. Such an operation would be difficult, the official said, because Iran has "top notch" air defenses.

The statements come ahead of a report due next week by the United Nations nuclear watchdog, which will support allegations that Iran built a large steel container for carrying out tests with high explosives that could be used in nuclear weapons, according to sources briefed on the document.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) obtained satellite pictures of the container at Parchin, near Tehran, and other evidence that lent credence to allegations by IAEA member states that the installation was intended for nuclear-related explosives testing, the sources said.

The IAEA will also reveal evidence that Iran carried out computer modeling of a nuclear weapon, one source said.

US 'absolutely' concerned Israel... JPost - Iranian Threat - News

"...it would be far more preferable if the United States could cite an Iranian provocation as justification for the airstrikes before launching them. Clearly, the more outrageous, the more deadly, and the more unprovoked the Iranian action, the better off the United States would be. Of course, it would be very difficult for the United States to goad Iran into such a provocation without the rest of the world recognizing this game, which would then undermine it.
page 84-85 of ”Which Path to Persia?

Beware of Israeli false-flag operations
Alleged Use of False Flag Attacks by Intelligence Agencies: Israel / the Mossad

"...it would be far more preferable if the United States could cite an Iranian provocation as justification for the airstrikes before launching them. Clearly, the more outrageous, the more deadly, and the more unprovoked the Iranian action, the better off the United States would be. Of course, it would be very difficult for the United States to goad Iran into such a provocation without the rest of the world recognizing this game, which would then undermine it.
page 84-85 of ”Which Path to Persia?

Beware of Israeli false-flag operations
Alleged Use of False Flag Attacks by Intelligence Agencies: Israel / the Mossad

Beware of Palestinian terrorist attacks might be a more productive use of time.

Jroc is absolutely right. If Israel attacks, they will use Iraqi airspace if not Iraqi soil. The US has played an important card by "pulling out" of Iraq, in that when Israel attacks they {United States} will be able to sit back and collect as much money as they can from increased American Arms sales, whilst being able to maintain the nuetral higher authority in that they didn't start war

Jroc is absolutely right. If Israel attacks, they will use Iraqi airspace if not Iraqi soil. The US has played an important card by "pulling out" of Iraq, in that when Israel attacks they {United States} will be able to sit back and collect as much money as they can from increased American Arms sales, whilst being able to maintain the nuetral higher authority in that they didn't start war

Don't be so sure ... Israel is known to do the unexpected.

the u.s. will profess concern.

the saudis will feign concern while allowing israel to use their air space

I agree.

If they attack Israel will use Iraqi air space.

Israel might well go right through Turkey :)

I Don´t know if you were kidding, but Turkey is in the wrong direction.

I agree.

If they attack Israel will use Iraqi air space.

Of course I am kidding. I'm saying that Israel often will do an unexpected and so my example moves away from the possibilities, not towards them.

:)

I agree.

Of course I am kidding. I'm saying that Israel often will do an unexpected and so my example moves away from the possibilities, not towards them.

Ok, english is my second language, and it further complicates picking up on tone on the internet :eusa_whistle:

Ok, english is my second language, and it further complicates picking up on tone on the internet :eusa_whistle:

Now is your chance to get practice.

Welcome to the board.

Thank you. I´m not living in the US tho, i found my way here because i was curious about the opinions of real Americans considering all the prejudice against you in my country as well as others. So here i am, off topic.

Forum List

Back