Urine Test For My Job

MalibuMan

Aug 27, 2008
Lebanon Ohio
I HAVE TO PASS A URINE TEST FOR MY JOB... SO I AGREE 100%
>
> Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me.
> I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.
> In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine
> test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is
> the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine
> test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check
> because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please under stand, I
> have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on
> the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their
> A#@, doing drugs, while I work. . .. . Can you imagine how much money
> the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a
> public assistance check ? > Something has to change in this country -- and soon

>
> public assistance check ? > Something has to change in this country -- and soon

something does need to change...the attitude of social serves has gone from getting the child out of the home into a safe haven (since foster care is proving to be not that) to keeping the families together at all costs. In doing this we lose more kids in the system as they are focused on reforming the families instead of getting the kids in a stable home. Kids now get in the foster care system and cannot be adopted out of it. What is wrong with orphanages for kids who parents cant or refuse to take care of them in a nuturing manner. I am sure no one wants kids on aid to dependant children taking drug tests..or going hungry....the problem is with the focus of the social systems, they have failed to do their jobs.

>

I'd like to see a few more things added to the list of what those on public assistance have to do like be on mandatory birth control as long as they're on the dole.

It's coming, Stroll.

I'm surprised that it hasn't already happened, to be honest.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check

I think that's an excellent idea!

It really irks me to see someone on line at the grocery paying for their food items with food stamps and WIC cards and then pulling a wad of money from their pocket to pay for a couple of cases of beer and carton of ciggies.

I'm all for welfare for those in need. I just hate the fraud.

something does need to change...the attitude of social serves has gone from getting the child out of the home into a safe haven (since foster care is proving to be not that) to keeping the families together at all costs. In doing this we lose more kids in the system as they are focused on reforming the families instead of getting the kids in a stable home. Kids now get in the foster care system and cannot be adopted out of it. What is wrong with orphanages for kids who parents cant or refuse to take care of them in a nuturing manner. I am sure no one wants kids on aid to dependant children taking drug tests..or going hungry....the problem is with the focus of the social systems, they have failed to do their jobs.

I agree bones, and I agree that anyone that recieves welfare checks should be drug tested.

I would LOVE to run a big home for these abused and negleted kids. I've always said, and I'll hold true to it, that if I ever had the money to do it, I would.

Welfare has been abused by many, and helped by many. But it's meant to be to help you until you get back on your feet, not a way of life. Here in the inner city I see it being abused, and I see parents really trying, and some working 2 jobs so they don't have to be on it.

If you can't stay drug free, no money for you, sorry!

Last edited:
This is why public assistance is such a monster. YOu people want to give out money, then you want to control the people who receive it in every way possible. You want to monitor their urine, you want to monitor their reproduction, you want to "require" them to only spend the money on certain things.

Either give the money to them or don't. But don't pretend you're trying to help them when really all you're doing is treating them like animals being prepared for slaughter.

And different jobs have different requirements. If you don't like taking UAs, you can walk. But to insist everyone else have to take UAs because your job requires it is just asinine.

Should we raise taxes to pay for the drug tests, or just take it out of the welfare check?

Where's that welfare money come from? Big Bobo's House of Hair?

Yeah, I think they'll have plenty of mula left over from the welfare 'pot'(no pun intended) to pay for a pee test.

This is why public assistance is such a monster. YOu people want to give out money, then you want to control the people who receive it in every way possible. You want to monitor their urine, you want to monitor their reproduction, you want to "require" them to only spend the money on certain things.

Either give the money to them or don't. But don't pretend you're trying to help them when really all you're doing is treating them like animals being prepared for slaughter.

And different jobs have different requirements. If you don't like taking UAs, you can walk. But to insist everyone else have to take UAs because your job requires it is just asinine.

:clap2:

Once in a while you surprise me. ;)

I agree bones, and I agree that anyone that recieves welfare checks should be drug tested.

I would LOVE to run a big home for these abused and negleted kids. I've always said, and I'll hold true to it, that if I ever had the money to do it, I would.

Welfare has been abused by many, and helped by many. But it's meant to be to help you until you get back on your feet, not a way of life. Here in the inner city I see it being abused, and I see parents really trying, and some working 2 jobs so they don't have to be on it.

If you can't stay drug free, no money for you, sorry!

Nope. Wrong again.
Welfare is about providing money to families so children can live in homes instead of crashing in parks, crack houses, or just living on the streets.

And most of the people on welfare have issues. They either have mental illness issues, abuse issues, drug issues, or (and this is probably the most common) all three.

YOu deny them welfare, the children will suffer more than they already do.

And sorry, there aren't enough foster homes as it is. There's not enough money to support those kids, and the potential for abuse outside their homes in foster care is as great as it is within those homes.

Just because you see yourself as "superior" to the population of people you've created doesn't mean you get to take away their rights. If you don't like welfare, get rid of it. But you don't get to take away the right to privacy from people just because they're welfare recipients. If they commit a crime, that's different, then the courts can decide what they need to do. But being on welfare is not a crime, and the welfare system is not a justice system.

Besides which, they already have to jump through substantial hoops just to get that $500 a month...which isn't enough to pay the rent and the utilities, btw. Those who have children who are 3 months old (I think that's the age for TANF in Oregon) have to participate in JOBS, which is an intense employment program that requires attendance2-3 days a week, and 10 job contacts a week..which are checked up on. In addition employers come to the classes and hand out applications...which you do fill out.

If you have drug issues, then part of the program may be that you comply with drug treatment. If you're mentally ill, then part of the program is that you deal with that.

And that's enough. Your right to micromanage ends at their bodies.

It's not so much "EVERYONE ELSE TAKING UA's because of his job" so much as it is THOSE WHO ARE ON PUBLIC ASSISTANCE SHOULD HAVE TO TAKE UAs. Just like you say HE can walk to another job if he doesn't like it so too can someone find a job to get off of welfare if THEY don't like it.

And yes, Money that comes from public TAXES SHOULD be dictated in its spending. This is why we have sunshine laws. This is why we like to see itemized budgets instead of just throwing money at politicians. If you are on welfare and can afford to get crunk every night then you should not be on welfare at the expense of the public. If you think so, feel free to donate your income to facilitate those of us who see otherwise.

Besides which, they already have to jump through substantial hoops just to get that $500 a month...which isn't enough to pay the rent and the utilities, btw. Those who have children who are 3 months old (I think that's the age for TANF in Oregon) have to participate in JOBS, which is an intense employment program that requires attendance2-3 days a week, and 10 job contacts a week..which are checked up on. In addition employers come to the classes and hand out applications...which you do fill out.

If you have drug issues, then part of the program may be that you comply with drug treatment. If you're mentally ill, then part of the program is that you deal with that.

And that's enough. Your right to micromanage ends at their bodies.

bullshit. THEIR "right" to be supported by welfare ends at the decision to go buy fucking malt liquor instead of pay for rent. Im ALL FOR the legalization of pot but im not about to make excuses for people to buy a fucking sack with money that SHOULD go to pay the fucking electric bill.

I think we should be more concerned about drug testing our elected officials than welfare mothers,,,besides with this bail out we are all on welfare ..as are the banks

Last edited:
You're not superior. You just think you are.
Like most teachers, you're inferior by a long shot.

Hey, if he's got a job and at least TRIES to support his own lifestyle instead of being a fucking ghetto babymill then, yes, he is superior.

Forum List

Back