Urgent warning issued by human rights group over new police bill in congress

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Urgent Warning Issued By Human Rights Group Over New Police Bill In Congress

Last week, Human Rights Watch penned an open letter to the House and Senate Judiciary Committees voicing their strong opposition to a new bill that would make it nearly impossible to sue police for constitutional violations. Senator John Cornyn (R-Tex.) and Representative Ted Poe (R-Tex.) proposed the identical bills on May 16th “[t]o protect law enforcement officers, and for other purposes.”

upload_2017-6-27_18-17-17.png

Text - H.R.2437 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Back the Blue Act of 2017"search"%3A%5B"Police"%5D%7D&r=3

upload_2017-6-27_18-24-25.png

42 U.S. Code § 1983 - Civil action for deprivation of rights

upload_2017-6-27_18-28-52.png

Qualified Immunity Limiting Access to Justice and Impeding Development of the Law
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most have no knowledge that we've lost DUE PROCESS................. all done Under Obama the traitorous pos loser. Oh we might as well add Bush in there to that pos brought our ever loving " Patriot Act to life" , and started his own take down of America he is another traitorous loser freaking scum bag.

Last edited:

Last week, Human Rights Watch penned an open letter to the House and Senate Judiciary Committees voicing their strong opposition to a new bill that would make it nearly impossible to sue police for constitutional violations. Senator John Cornyn (R-Tex.) and Representative Ted Poe (R-Tex.) proposed the identical bills on May 16th “[t]o protect law enforcement officers, and for other purposes.”

View attachment 135888

Text - H.R.2437 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Back the Blue Act of 2017"search"%3A%5B"Police"%5D%7D&r=3

View attachment 135892

View attachment 135894

Qualified Immunity Limiting Access to Justice and Impeding Development of the Law
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Most have no knowledge that we've lost DUE PROCESS................. all done Under Obama the traitorous pos loser. Oh we might as well add Bush in there to that pos brought our ever loving " Patriot Act to life" , and started his own take down of America he is another traitorous loser freaking scum bag.
I see no problems with 95 percent of the new bill, it does clean up some of the prior Laws about retired LEO s and needs a little work on some of the wording but not a bad law...

• Banned

View attachment 135888

View attachment 135892

View attachment 135894

I see no problems with 95 percent of the new bill, it does clean up some of the prior Laws about retired LEO s and needs a little work on some of the wording but not a bad law...

I know you said you were a former cop I believe so no offense if I am correct. But seriously the cops are immune to being prosecuted , with the nuts we have out there today someone could easily be abused by a cop and can't do a dam thing about it.

How should we be ok with cops beating the shit out of someone.

We also have already lost due process.

I see everything wrong with this bill.

View attachment 135888

View attachment 135892

View attachment 135894

I know you said you were a former cop I believe so no offense if I am correct. But seriously the cops are immune to being prosecuted , with the nuts we have out there today someone could easily be abused by a cop and can't do a dam thing about it.

How should we be ok with cops beating the shit out of someone.

We also have already lost due process.

I see everything wrong with this bill.
Agreed. There are bad people and good people. Bad cops and good cops. Bad cops continually ruin the relationship between the police force and the communities they're trying to serve.

Forum List

Back