Urgent -- Vote on DREAM Act Today

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
According to the latest information from Capitol Hill, a vote on the DREAM Act amnesty bill may take place as early as today. Early this afternoon, all eyes will be on the Senate as it votes on whether to proceed with the FY 2011 Defense Authorization bill (S.3454). If the bill moves forward to full debate, Sen. Carl Levin, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, indicated that the DREAM Act will be the first amendment introduced to the Defense bill. (Congressional Quarterly, Sept. 20, 2010)

Touted by its sponsors as a way to give illegal alien children a pathway to citizenship, in reality the DREAM Act grants amnesty for adults up to age 35. (S.729) The bill first grants legalization upon the receipt of a high school diploma, and although 2 years of college or military service are required to obtain a green card (LPR status), the bill contains broad waiver provisions that the Obama Administration can employ – entirely in its own discretion – to circumvent those requirements. Finally, the bill makes newly amnestied aliens eligible for numerous federal loan programs and allows states to grant in-state tuition to current and future generations of illegal aliens.

Time is running out to make a difference. Call your Senators IMMEDIATELY and tell them that you want immigration enforcement, not another amnesty that encourages more illegal immigration! Tell your Senators to vote NO on the DREAM Act!

Email Tuesday September 21, 2010 from FAIR. To find your Senators' numbers, go to:

https://secure2.convio.net/fair/site/Advocacy?alertId=369&pg=makeACall&JServSessionIdr004=3re68vvnk1.app220b

Here's why:

Harry Reid is pandering to the Hispanic vote and holding our soldiers hostage in order to buy votes.

I think we need to cut spending in our defense budget, but how the hell are we supposed to know what the actual "defense" budget is, with crap like this in there? Why oh why couldn't the GOP have put a sane candidate in to run against Reid?

Can someone, ANYONE explain to me WTF this bullshit DREAM Act is doing buried in a defense budget bill?

Because who would dare vote "NO" on a defense bill while we're still fighting in Afghanistan and have troops in Iraq, which is still quite hot? To vote "NO" would be unpatriotic and is evidence that you don't support the troops.

Reid is not stupid. Just sleazy.

I am of the opinion that no defense bill should ever have an amendment attached.

Here's why:

Harry Reid is pandering to the Hispanic vote and holding our soldiers hostage in order to buy votes.

I think we need to cut spending in our defense budget, but how the hell are we supposed to know what the actual "defense" budget is, with crap like this in there? Why oh why couldn't the GOP have put a sane candidate in to run against Reid?
Democrats and moderates voted in the GOP primaries to get the worst candidate possible.

Here's why:

Democrats and moderates voted in the GOP primaries to get the worst candidate possible.

REALLY? I could have sworn Sharron Angle was a Tea Bagger, voted onto the GOP ticket by Tea Baggers? Of course, that is just what Angle said.....

Here's why:

I can see Republicans doing that. Democrats? Not so much.

Another Democrat dirty trick. Reid is desperate. Nevada's Unemployment Rate just rose to an astounding 14.4% which is the highest in the nation. He is also burying "Don't ask,Don't tell" in a military appropriations bill. This is just plain sad & pathetic. Reid and the Democrats gotta go. Hopefully we can wave bye bye to this Dem-led Worst U.S. Congress in History very soon. Make it happen America. Get out and vote.

This fucking bullshit is EXACTLY why this country fucking hates Congress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/rant]

Yea Reid and the Democrats are burying all sorts of things in Military appropriations bills. "Don't ask,Don't tell" is also being buried in these spending bills. Looks like the key word will have to be "Repeal" for the Republicans this November. They're gonna have to fix all kinds of Democrat disasters if they do regain power. They will have the support of most Americans in fixing these Dem disasters. Just get out and vote. Make 2010 count people.

congress_sucks_postcard-p239059776074950982qibm_400.jpg

I can see Republicans doing that. Democrats? Not so much.
RDolt. Blind again I see. They've been doing it for decades.

Forum List

Back