Urgent Message From Former Sen. Fred Thompson - - Petition!

Kat

Retired Mod
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2008
Dear Fellow American:

On Dec. 31, 2010, almost every working American will be hit with a massive, across-the-board tax increase on their income and investments.

On this date, the Bush tax cuts, enacted in 2001 and 2003, completely expire.

We must urge Congress and the president to renew the Bush tax cuts early, before they expire and before investors lose confidence in the U.S. economy.
Sen. Fred Thompson

The automatic tax increase that will begin on Jan. 1, 2011, and could have catastrophic consequences for the economy.

League of American Voters - League of American Voters Petition

Of course I know going in that libs will do the usual trashing of this. But even if a handful sign the petition, it is well worth the names I will be called for posting it. ;)

That may happen. Too many dems are worried about losing the senate as well as the house if the don't.

I signed also..

The tax cuts will not be extended! The Republican minority dug their heels in the sand earlier this year saying that spending must be offset by some way to pay for it. With all the new expenditures this year the only way to pay for it is to let the tax cuts expire. A defacto tax raise that the Democrats will lay at the Republicans feet.

The tax cuts will not be extended! The Republican minority dug their heels in the sand earlier this year saying that spending must be offset by some way to pay for it. With all the new expenditures this year the only way to pay for it is to let the tax cuts expire. A defacto tax raise that the Democrats will lay at the Republicans feet.

Why can't we just be a country of Americans? Why can't we work hard..and be able to keep OUR money (of course paying a fair share of taxes).

Why can't we just be a country of Americans? Why can't we work hard..and be able to keep OUR money (of course paying a fair share of taxes).

Thats what America is about! The right to argue, call people names, say what you feel or think about. Many died for that right and are dying now.:salute: It may not be pretty and it may not work all the time but it is better than the alternative.

Signed.

Why don't they they give reducing the waste and fraud which runs amok in D.C. a go in order to garner some bucks needed to fuel their insatiable spending appetite?

Signed.

Why don't they they give reducing the waste and fraud which runs amok in D.C. a go in order to garner some bucks needed to fuel their insatiable spending appetite?

Amen to that!

Let's see if we can make sense of this: Bush Jr took a surplus and created debt, he reduced taxes and the economy went into a tailspin down, the infrastructure of a once great nation began to collapse, he left having accomplished nothing but more debt and more debt, and yet in the minds of the wingnuts who would sign this nonsense, this was good. The only sense one can make of this is drug overdose caused by money, or glasses so thick reality is no where to be seen.

Even Reagan had more sense than this: Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) | Firedoglake

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth

The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

"I’m fully aware that I risk excommunication from the Church of Economic Science when I argue exactly the opposite: Tax cuts actually hurt the economy. It isn’t just that they don’t help, or that they’re ineffective—THEY REALLY HURT!

I can hear you thinking (even if your values bias makes you otherwise eager to agree): "Here comes the bleeding heart liberal, anti-trickle down, do something for humanity mantra.” No, indeed. I’m talking data here—numbers and empirical evidence. Check your values at the door and come on in."

Last edited:
Let's see if we can make sense of this: Bush Jr took a surplus and created debt, he reduced taxes and the economy went into a tailspin down, the infrastructure of a once great nation began to collapse, he left having accomplished nothing but more debt and more debt, and yet in the minds of the wingnuts who would sign this nonsense, this was good. The only sense one can make of this is drug overdose caused by money, or glasses so thick reality is no where to be seen.

Even Reagan had more sense than this: Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) | Firedoglake

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth

The Idolatry of Ideology-Why Tax Cuts Hurt the Economy by Russ Beaton

"I’m fully aware that I risk excommunication from the Church of Economic Science when I argue exactly the opposite: Tax cuts actually hurt the economy. It isn’t just that they don’t help, or that they’re ineffective—THEY REALLY HURT!

I can hear you thinking (even if your values bias makes you otherwise eager to agree): "Here comes the bleeding heart liberal, anti-trickle down, do something for humanity mantra.” No, indeed. I’m talking data here—numbers and empirical evidence. Check your values at the door and come on in."

You're wrong, but thank you for not calling me names - yet. :lol:

Forum List

Back