Urban Truth Tellers

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by IM2, Sep 6, 2018.

1. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,223
    How about these urban truth tellers

THE STAPLE SINGERS -"Freedom Highway"

2. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,223
    And these Urban truth tellers

Ain't Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,223
    And this one?

Mavis Staples "Eyes On The Prize"

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +798
    Yeah, we were talking about why things don't operate the way you think they should, and not whether or not you would like them to.

5. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,223
    And these guys warned of a problem over 30 years ago that you boot licking bitches ignored to rant about the language.

N.W.A. fuck the police with lyrics

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,223
    I am talking about the way the constitution and bill of rights says things should be. You aren't talking about anything. I know why things don't work, you assume. And that's the problem, you assume while you ignore very important things that cannot be left out to come to the conclusions you make.

7. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +798
    You know there is a process for changing the Constitution, and addressing Slavery as well as Civil Rights have been added to the Constitution. So I wouldn't be assuming anything if you aren't satisfied with how that worked out for you. What you are ignoring is that what you are trying to do isn't fixing anything.

8. IM2

IM2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,223
    Wrong. You ignore continuing white racism thinking that words on paper have done something. The constitution amendment ended slavery but Jim Cow Apartheid took it's place. Civil Rights was made law but we see that we still do not have complete civil rights. The simple fact we had to get an additional amendment to give us civil rights shows how incorrect you assessments of things are. These things were accomplished by how I and others here do things. When we waited like whites told us, that is what failed.

9. Hiryuu

Hiryuu Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +798
    Wrong, I don't ignore the continuing of white racism and I explicitly stated your words on paper don't mean crap. You're the one that brought up the Constitution, and all I did was say the Constitution addressing Civil Rights obviously wasn't enough to solve your problems (which you just agreed to, so don't pretend you didn't). Everything I have stated to you, in the past, and forever more, is the absolute recognition that if you are waiting on anyone, or want to suggest your race should make a difference to anyone, for any reason, then you waiting on the wrong person, for the wrong reasons, and are never going to be totally satisfied with whatever garbage you end up with. And, you honestly cannot say I am wrong about that, until you do otherwise, because that would just be words.

As long as you want to be a black man, I don't care, and have no use for you. Whenever you are ready to be a man, then maybe we can help each other, but I'm not waiting for you either way.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018