Upside down flag..

This country is in distress and has been for a long time.

Its a symbol and if this guy feels his country is in distress I see nothing wrong with symbolizing it this way.

I would never do it or desicrate a flag. Not for the flags sake but for the sake of the people who would be highly disturbed by the action. I would fight to the death to keep the right for any individual American to make that choice themselves. Its called freedom of speech.

Its not the symbol that is important its the people and their freedoms which are important.

That you, in your opinion believe this country is in distress is just that ... your opinion. And no, it ISN'T okay to cry wolf. It is an emergency signal for help.

It IS the symbol that is important if your convoluted idea of freedom of speech costs another person his/her life because no one resonds to a distress signal because you have devalued its meaning with your self-absorbed, extremist politics.

All well and good to TALK "fight to the death ..." Perhaps the person/people in distress aren't so willing to needlessly sacrifice their lives for your political extremism?

Yeah.. EMT crews rush to this guys house daily now that the flag is upside down on his pole.. and Tom Hanks and Wilson are all alone on a dessert island with their flag upside down waiting for rescue..

If your at sea dont fly the US flag uspide down unless your distressed.. but the coast guard couldnt see this guys flag with the Hubble space telescope so I doubt anyone has had issues with an at sea rescue becuase he is flying his flag upsided down hundres of miles from the shore..

*yawn*

Surely you can do better?

I saw a lot of this when Clinton was elected the first time. All an upside down flag tells me is that that particular homeowner is probably no fun at parties.

Update..

the upside down flag guy has replaced the American flag with a Yellow Dont Tread on Me Flag with a coiled snake the resemebles flags used during the American Revolution.

Somebody also told me it is the same flag used in the TV show Jericho?

An attention whore by any other name is STILL an attention whore.

Now I want to hear what the SAME people defending this knucklehead think about Southerners flying a Confederate Battle Flag ...

Or should I tell you? A symbol of hate ... slavery ... intolerance ... racism ... yada, yada, yada ...

I saw a lot of this when Clinton was elected the first time. All an upside down flag tells me is that that particular homeowner is probably no fun at parties.

Update..

the upside down flag guy has replaced the American flag with a Yellow Dont Tread on Me Flag with a coiled snake the resemebles flags used during the American Revolution.

Somebody also told me it is the same flag used in the TV show Jericho?

An attention whore by any other name is STILL an attention whore.

Now I want to hear what the SAME people defending this knucklehead think about Southerners flying a Confederate Battle Flag ...

Or should I tell you? A symbol of hate ... slavery ... intolerance ... racism ... yada, yada, yada ...

*yawn* Surely you cant do any better... and ya just proved it..

Last edited:

Forum List

Back