UPS Looking for a Few Good Drivers

UPS is a tough company to work for. Every second of your time is accounted for.

It is good salary though

Yeah god forbid the company paying your salary keeps tabs on you so you're not at a strip club while on the clock.

I had a neighbor who drove for UPS. It goes beyond visiting a strip club on company time. Every second of his route was planned. He was not allowed to answer questions for customers, only hand them a card and give them a number. Your route was strictly regulated with no margin for error.
It paid well but was very stressful

it's called efficiency.

The article was actually about new training methods by UPS not about any employee increase or decrease.

The article was actually about new training methods by UPS not about any employee increase or decrease.

It was about hiring more pliable robots, like the younger generation which has been brought up to think they must be wage slaves with no rights as workers.

Here is an example of a guy who doesn't get IT.

Unions have outlived their usefullness to a large degree. I would agree that they were a necessity for coal miners (referring to family heritage) and other industries where no sane person would move to for a job paying modest wages and risking their life everyday. Those captive workers need additional help with handling the ruthlessness sometimes employed by companies to increase output and profit.

Lets face it though, companies are started by folks like you and me for one reason- to make a profit. If a worker is not being productive enough then that worker should be terminated. If a company has a stated policy and violates that policy, there are legal avenues one can take to correct the situation
FedEx and UPS Feud Over Union Rules - US News and World Report

He argues that unions are not valuable today, but were a long time ago. He is under the assumption/false impression that small companies started by 'people like you and me' were the ones where unions were once needed.

He is confusing small companies with huge corporate entities. He has been brainwashed by those who have killed unions and farmed out America's jobs.

Umm it is replacement jobs for retiring employees over the next 5 years. Not additional jobs now.

Nothing to do with recovery jobs folks, just disperse and go home, nothing to see here.

When I read it, the message I got was as UPS looked into it's crystal ball, they concluded that economic conditions would not be worse (or would be better depending on POV) so they would not have to shrink their workforce through attrition. IMO, that is good job news.

I had a neighbor who drove for UPS. It goes beyond visiting a strip club on company time. Every second of his route was planned. He was not allowed to answer questions for customers, only hand them a card and give them a number. Your route was strictly regulated with no margin for error.
It paid well but was very stressful

i dont know what decade that was Rw....but i talk to the 2 drivers that intersect my route all the time.....and when we both are delivering to the same businesses at the same time....this guy answers QUESTIONS asked of him.....and we sometimes stand out in the parking lot for a good 5-10 minutes comparing notes about our respective companies....these guys may be in a hurry.....but they talk to the customers,its good for busness relations ....and NO MARGIN FOR ERROR??.....i think your neighboor was handing you a line of shit...

Umm it is replacement jobs for retiring employees over the next 5 years. Not additional jobs now.

Nothing to do with recovery jobs folks, just disperse and go home, nothing to see here.

Still more people employed as retirees are no longer in the workforce

HUH? What part of "replacements" did you not understand?

If you replace 4 of your tires you now have 8 on your car?

If you rotate your tires, then you have 8 on your car?

Forum List

Back