UPS Fed Ex Delivery Failure VIRUS

PixieStix

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2009
Felt this worth passing along. With Christmas coming up, I can see where this could be a real problem.

The newest virus circulating is the UPS/Fed Ex Delivery Failure. You will receive an e-mail from UPS/Fed Ex Service along with a packet number. It will say that they were unable to deliver a package sent to you on such-and-such a date. It then asks you to print out the invoice copy
attached. DON'T TRY TO PRINT THIS. IT LAUNCHES THE VIRUS! Pass this warning on to all your PC operators at work and home. This virus has caused Millions of dollars in damage in the past few days.
Snopes confirms that it is real snopes.com: Package Delivery Failure Virus

Yeah, I was ordering stamps yesterday at work and noticed USPS has a similar warning on their home page.

Customers be aware of fraudulent package delivery messages sent by email or phone.

Customers may be receiving email messages or phone calls that allege to be from the U.S. Postal Service that contain fraudulent information about attempted or intercepted package delivery.

For emails: If opened, the messages instruct customers to click on a link to find out more about when they can expect delivery of their "package." Simply delete the message without taking any further action.

For phone calls: Please do not provide any personal information and let the caller know you're not interested and hang-up the phone.

The Postal Inspection Service is aware of the problems and are working hard to resolve the issues and shut down the malicious programs.

We regret any inconvenience this may have caused our customers.
USPS Fraudulent email or phone call

I have been told not to click here.

Oh shit.

I warned you!!!

Now you got teh Pixie cooties too!!

badly-fitted-condoms.jpg

I'm protected.

I didn't listen and now I have the Pixie UPS FEDEX Delivery Failure virus...
big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture2520-ugly.gif

This is what happens every time you turn your computer on if you get the Pixie virus.:(

Forum List

Back