Uprising in Egypt Splitting the Conservatives in the US

Well the Left does seem to link up with Radical Islam quite often. So i can see where he's going. Many Leftists all over this World do seem to sympathize with and support Radicals. This is especially true of American & European Leftists. It's hard to figure out why they do this though. I would recommend everyone read David Horowitz's brilliant book 'Unholy Alliance.' He really lays out the reasons for the Left's support for Radical Islam all over the World. Most of their support seems to stem from their irrational hatred of Christians & Jews. Their hostility towards these groups has led many Leftists to side with Radical Muslims. It really is pretty sad and disturbing. So i don't think Glenn Beck was so off on his take. Check out 'Unholy Alliance.' It really is a very enlightening book.

Last edited:
I remember (in another place not to be named) how everyone was happy and posting pictures of Iraqi women with purple thumbs after voting....hurray for Democracy....and yet not so happy and mods taking pictures down of Palestinian women with purple thumbs voting for Hamas. A distinct quandary.

I guess if you're under the sad misunderstanding that a vote for Hamas was a vote for democracy, then I can see how you might think that.

If the majority vote for Hamas then it is democracy at work.
Do you even know what democracy is?

They say that war is God's way of teaching folks geography...

but haven't the events and the posts on the board taught you that there is no definition of democracy without defining the venue, as well?

"One shouldn’t cherry-pick facts to fit an agenda. The study does say that radicals “believe in democracy even more than many of the mainstream moderates do.” But does anyone really think we’re operating with a consistent definition of democracy here? The Muslim Brotherhood, for example, makes claims to be democratic, yet its leaders-for-life are not elected, the organization boasts a doctrine of female subordination, and it calls for the death of apostates. Kind of a big-government democracy, I suppose."

Commentary Blog Archive Muslim Survey “Challenges” West

Ahh so someone else is noticing the right's quandry. Democracy and freedom vs fear and hatred of the Islamic religion.

:clap:

I thought this was empahsized very well before and after the Palestinian elections.

There are few worse forms of government then a democracy .
Its mod rule and the will of those willing to use violence to silence the minority.
In the muslim world the most fundamentalist party is the most appealing and is eventually the victor.
There is no dilemma in the eyes of a conservative , at least not this one.

I remember (in another place not to be named) how everyone was happy and posting pictures of Iraqi women with purple thumbs after voting....hurray for Democracy....and yet not so happy and mods taking pictures down of Palestinian women with purple thumbs voting for Hamas. A distinct quandary.

I guess if you're under the sad misunderstanding that a vote for Hamas was a vote for democracy, then I can see how you might think that.

Yeah, you keep dreaming.

I was talking about how Carter let the Shaw of Iran be overthrown and the I-a tollah (fucked up speelin) become ruler. :doubt:

But who cares right? Let the Muslim Brotherhood have Egypt..... and the Suez Canal (or as Chris Mathews called it... the Panama Canal)

You tell us what Carter should have done? Help the Shah mow down protestors in the streets? Assassinate the Ayatollah? Give the Secret Police poison gas to use against their own citizens?

What?

Yep the Shah did not care much for his people from the way he treated them.
Of course he was the spoiled playboy type son of the ex leader of Iran, a Hitler collabarator.

Kinda reminds me of the bush clan in a way :)

"When the Iranian revolution came to power, with the help of Democratic President Jimmy Carter, the Ayatollah Khomeini killed more human beings (about twenty thousand) in two weeks than had been killed by the Shah during his entire thirty-eight years. Khomeini followed this by sending hundreds of thousands of Iranians to die in the Iran-Iraq war, as martyrdom was needed to resurrect the Islamic Empire."
Paul Berman, “Terror and Liberalism,” p. 108

but haven't the events and the posts on the board taught you that there is no definition of democracy without defining the venue, as well?

"One shouldn’t cherry-pick facts to fit an agenda. The study does say that radicals “believe in democracy even more than many of the mainstream moderates do.” But does anyone really think we’re operating with a consistent definition of democracy here? The Muslim Brotherhood, for example, makes claims to be democratic, yet its leaders-for-life are not elected, the organization boasts a doctrine of female subordination, and it calls for the death of apostates. Kind of a big-government democracy, I suppose."

Yes the common problems with a religion based government.
But if the majority of the people vote for them then it is democracy.

I am in no way saying that democracy always works out for the best.
Take our current version for instance....

Store food and prepare for the coming global insurrection: That's the warning Glenn Beck issued Monday. The Muslim Brotherhood and American radicals, he informed us, are operating in tandem to bring about "the destruction of the Western world." On his Fox show, Beck presented a clip of Mohamed ElBaradei calling for a "New Egypt that is democratic, that is based on social justice." The phrase "social justice" flashed on the screen, because in Beck's world, it's a code word for a totalitarian leftist agenda, just as the Egyptian protesters' use of the phrase "day of rage" signals their kinship with Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground. "We've shown you tonight that Hamas, Code Pink"—the feminist anti-war group—"and the Muslim Brotherhood are all linked together." With the future bleak, Beck called on his viewers to pray for "our way of life" and for Israel.

Glenn Beck's Egypt Freakout: How the Uprising Splits U.S. Conservatives - The Daily Beast

Egypt is a prime example of why people hate us. Bush used to claim they hate us because of our Freedoms. That was of course a line of Pure BS. The fact is they envy our Freedoms, and hate us for not standing up for freedom.

We have supported Mubarak for nearly 30 Years while he brutalized his own people, and kept them from Freedom.

Today the only wise choice would be to not support any new Military Dictator, and instead say we stand with the People of Egypt and want to see a Democratic Election in Egypt. Whether or not that may lead to an Islamic Republic.

Instead it appears we will stick with the Status Quo and quietly support what ever Dictator takes over.

Shame on us. It appears It matters not whether you have a Liberal or a Conservative, a Democrat or a Republican in Office. Our foreign policy will still be based solely on our own interests and care little for standing up for Freedom from oppression.

Last edited:
Ahh so someone else is noticing the right's quandry. Democracy and freedom vs fear and hatred of the Islamic religion.

I thought this was empahsized very well before and after the Palestinian elections.

There are few worse forms of government then a democracy .
Its mod rule and the will of those willing to use violence to silence the minority.
In the muslim world the most fundamentalist party is the most appealing and is eventually the victor.
There is no dilemma in the eyes of a conservative , at least not this one.

"...the most fundamentalist party is the most appealing and is eventually the victor."

By a landslide!

1. 84 percent of Egyptians favor the death penalty for people who leave the Muslim religion.

2. When asked which side they would take in a struggle between "groups who want to modernize the country [and] Islamic fundamentalists," 59 percent of Egyptians picked the fundamentalists, while 27 percent picked the modernizers. Egypt's conflicting views of democracy and religion | Byron York | Politics | Washington Examiner

You tell us what Carter should have done? Help the Shah mow down protestors in the streets? Assassinate the Ayatollah? Give the Secret Police poison gas to use against their own citizens?

What?

Of course he was the spoiled playboy type son of the ex leader of Iran, a Hitler collabarator.

"When the Iranian revolution came to power, with the help of Democratic President Jimmy Carter, the Ayatollah Khomeini killed more human beings (about twenty thousand) in two weeks than had been killed by the Shah during his entire thirty-eight years. Khomeini followed this by sending hundreds of thousands of Iranians to die in the Iran-Iraq war, as martyrdom was needed to resurrect the Islamic Empire."

And?
I am just stating facts, not apologizing for nor supporting the shah nor the Iatollia (sp?)

Like Bush promised in his campaign.
I am not for the USA being the police force of the world nor being into nation building.
You got no neocon here.

I am pretty much Libertarian in my view of how the USA should behave in world politics.

Last edited:
Neocons like the Shrub, Huckster and Ginweasel aren't old school conservatives....One of the aims of the Tea Party types is to get those sort of east coast ruling class Rockefeller republicans out of office.
Ginweasel????

Oh, I see. You only support the Democratic process when you can control what other people vote for. :doubt:

I'm so proud of you EZ.. blaming conservatives for the conundrum in Egypt.. You root for them though.. cause

It Begins… Muslim Brotherhood Leader Tells Egyptian Army To Prepare For War With Israel | The Gateway Pundit

Mohamed Ghanem, one of the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, calls Egypt to stop pumping gas to Israel and prepare the Egyptian army for a war with it’s eastern neighbor.

More "Gateway Pundit".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let us know when you find a news source.

Neocons like the Shrub, Huckster and Ginweasel aren't old school conservatives....One of the aims of the Tea Party types is to get those sort of east coast ruling class Rockefeller republicans out of office.
Ginweasel????

Strange thing is, every single Tea Party supporter I personally know were ardent Bush supporters. And I believe would elect him again if they could.

Yeah, you keep dreaming.

I must have missed something....your post doesn't even come close to answering uscitizen's question.

Yes the common problems with a religion based government.
But if the majority of the people vote for them then it is democracy.

I am in no way saying that democracy always works out for the best.
Take our current version for instance....

Yet when we hear the word 'democracy' we mistakenly assume that it is our form, and should be supported.

Look, if we are off base in supporting 'our' dictators, then it is wrong to support, or to not resist, those 'democracies' that are blood-thirsty and inhumane.

Another example of moral relativism? Or am I being too manichean?

What?

It was a sad thing to watch at the time. It would be nice if we could support positive change and the establishment of Justice without the Killing. How many times are we going to overlook that or just sweep it under the rug. How else can we effectively aid in the establishment of Justice? Why not contribute to the higher Nature and reason, rather than incite?

You either believe democracy is the best form of government or you dont.

I believe it is the best form of government,

I am amazed at how many on the right only think its good for us and then its only good when THEY get what they want.

Last edited:
You either believe democracy is the best from of government or you dont.

I believe it is the best from of government,

I am amazed at how many on the right only think its good for us and then its only good when THEY get what they want.

If we were a true democracy, then according to USCit and Bod, we'd be a christian theocracy dear, and there would be absolutely nothing wrong with that. :lol:

You either believe democracy is the best from of government or you dont.

I believe it is the best from of government,

You are to brain dead to consider any further, Im going to have to put you on ignore.

Thomas Jefferson: A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.

Forum List

Back