• *2. Peter*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. Maybe God is a rock, a real rock; if so is Peter a *Pillar*?
2. And Jesus being God, wasn't far from explaining it to the apostles.
3. When he said, "Upon this rock I shall build my church."
4. And when in scriptures it says the "Bride of Christ" is a huge building made out of stone, which will some day be brought down from Heaven to be set in Israel, perhaps that too is a sign, or actual fact, that God, actually is a solid substance, beyond our understanding, totally.
5. Just a thought, I'm saying this could be reality, and it could be debated.
6. This would be a good debate topic, so I snatched it from another thread of a *CWN CLASSIC*.
7. I know this is a heavy topic, not meant for light weights.
8. Here's what I think could of happened, lets say after Peter said, what he said, Jesus standing there, touches himself on the chest while saying "Upon This Rock" etc, etc,...Gates of Hell,...etc, etc.....
9. Wouldn't that make a huge difference to what was being said?
10. There are plenty of references to solid rock materials Biblicly.
11. The two stone tablets that Moses brought down from Mount Sinai, then the two replacements.
12. Jesus told one that it would be better for some that a stone be wrapped around ones neck, and he cast into the sea.
13. A stone was rolled infront of his grave.
14. "He who is without sin, cast the first stone."
15. They gathered stones to throw at him, and he passed right through them.
16. Before he was taken in the Mount of Olives, he was known to have prayed on or near a stone.
17. Whoever falls on this stone shall be forgiven, those who refuse, they shall be grount into powder.
18. Rock of Ages.
19. And untold others, all refernce to a rock and could be meaningful.
20. This came to mind as well.
21. When the Israelites were wondering in the dessert, they came upon the stone, where Moses struck it, and water gushed out.
22. Also God was mad with Moses because God told him to talk to the stone not strike it, Moses stroke the stone, which displeased God.
23. Moses never made it into the *Promise Land*.
24. Later in scripture, it was said, that Jesus was this stone that gushed water in the dessert when the Jews were thirsty.
25. Also when he was dieing on the cross, he was stabbed with a spear, and blood and water came out at the same location, but two seperate streams.
26. This could have meaning too in this debate.
27. This does get interesting,......I will bring some quotes, because I can, and it makes it more interesting.

Deuteronomy 32:18 KJV • Read this chapter
Of the Rock that begat thee thou art unmindful, and hast forgotten God that formed thee.

Deuteronomy 32:30 KJV • Read this chapter
How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the LORD had shut them up?

Deuteronomy 32:31 KJV • Read this chapter
For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges.

Deuteronomy 32:37 KJV • Read this chapter
And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,

Judges 6:21 KJV • Read this chapter
Then the angel of the LORD put forth the end of the staff that was in his hand, and touched the flesh and the unleavened cakes; and there rose up fire out of the rock, and consumed the flesh and the unleavened cakes. Then the angel of the LORD departed out of his sight.

Judges 6:26 KJV • Read this chapter
And build an altar unto the LORD thy God upon the top of this rock, in the ordered place, and take the second bullock, and offer a burnt sacrifice with the wood of the grove which thou shalt cut down.

Numbers 20:8 KJV • Read this chapter
Take the rod, and gather thou the assembly together, thou, and Aaron thy brother, and speak ye unto the rock before their eyes; and it shall give forth his water, and thou shalt bring forth to them water out of the rock: so thou shalt give the congregation and their beasts drink.

Numbers 20:11 KJV • Read this chapter
And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

Deuteronomy 32:4 KJV • Read this chapter
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

Judges 13:19 KJV • Read this chapter
So Manoah took a kid with a meat offering, and offered it upon a rock unto the LORD: and the angel did wonderously; and Manoah and his wife looked on.

1 Samuel 2:2 KJV • Read this chapter
There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.

2 Samuel 22:2 KJV • Read this chapter
And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;

2 Samuel 22:3 KJV • Read this chapter
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

2 Samuel 22:32 KJV • Read this chapter
For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?

2 Samuel 22:47 KJV • Read this chapter
The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.

2 Samuel 23:3 KJV • Read this chapter
The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

28. And there is much much more,...
29. One really interesting rock quote, is when satan came to Jesus, and told him, "If thou be the *Son of God*, make these stones into bread."
30. Why did he use stones huh?
31. Strange indeed.
32. Here's more quotes for ya.

Psalm 18:2 KJV • Read this chapter
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 18:31 KJV • Read this chapter
For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God?

Psalm 18:46 KJV • Read this chapter
The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalm 27:5 KJV • Read this chapter
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

Psalm 28:1 KJV • Read this chapter
Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit.

Psalm 31:2 KJV • Read this chapter
Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.

Psalm 31:3 KJV • Read this chapter
For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

33. Build your house on a *Rock*.
34. Read this one:

Matthew 7:24 KJV • Read this chapter
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
1. Lots of rock quotes:

Matthew 27:60 KJV • Read this chapter
And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.

Mark 15:46 KJV • Read this chapter
And he bought fine linen, and took him down, and wrapped him in the linen, and laid him in a sepulchre which was hewn out of a rock, and rolled a stone unto the door of the sepulchre.

Luke 6:48 KJV • Read this chapter
He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

35. Treasure trove of rock quotes:

Luke 8:6 KJV • Read this chapter
And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.

Luke 8:13 KJV • Read this chapter
They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Romans 9:33 KJV • Read this chapter
As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

1 Corinthians 10:4 KJV • Read this chapter
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1 Peter 2:8 KJV • Read this chapter
And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

36. Also I did come across another scripture, one of my all time favorites.
37. A prophet challenges the local seers to find out for sure, if their gods were the real God, or not.
38. The prophet says that a ox should be doused with water, and that their god should burn it up with fire.
39. They fail miserablly, while the prophet mocks them, "Maybe your god is asleep" he says?
40. Anyway he tells them to scream louder and do whatever they do more and louder so he will wake up.
41. Oh that had to be funny.
42. Anyway, they failed, and he took over.
43. So he put the ox inside a circle of stones, and put barrels of water on the ox.
44. Then he called upon The God, who brought flame of fire from the rocks, that not only consumed the ox, but drank up the water as if licking it up like a tounge lapping up water from the palm of a hand.
45. Now that had to be frightening!
46. Another very interesting *Biblical Rock Scripture*.
47. I known this topic isn't all that easy to digest, and is very heavy for some peoples minds to deal with, and isn't for those of little faith, at all.
48. So I won't take offense from the lack of other contributers.
49. So Jesus is building a stone building, him being the actual foundation then?
50. All those who are his will be positioned and fitted into this building?
51. Literally,....???
52. If eternity is a long time, if we are converted into stones, well at least we won't have issues with old age, and the things that follow old age?
53. Just a thought?
54. Could it be that we are indeed the Church?
55. When Jesus returns those whom did well and were apart of the Church, will at the end actually be the *Church*?
56. Where we would be fittly framed all together upon the real foundaton Jesus Christ the Lord.
57. Where when Jesus would have Mass we would be the actual location of the Mass?
58. Where those who were forgiven were then converted into stone, but this stone has *Life Everlasting*.
59. Those of you not within the Church will think I've flipped out or on dope, some of those in side the Church may too.
60. This is one heavy topic, not meant for a novice to wrap thier heads around.
61. Now lets *ALL* get our heads together and do each other a *solid* on this topic.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. I since a spiritual dirth in this site.
2. I have asked many great and wonderful questions.
3. And no one has even questioned the questions I've presented.
4. Even if the rocks would scream out now, few if any, would even care to hear them.
5. Rock of Ages Care For Me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. I since a spiritual dirth in this site.
2. I have asked many great and wonderful questions.
3. And no one has even questioned the questions I've presented.
4. Even if the rocks would scream out now, few if any, would even care to hear them.
5. Rock of Ages Care For Me.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

It's because you appear to be mentally challenged and people hate your posting "style".

Jesus said "And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it."
— Gospel of St. Matthew 16:18

Sorry bout that,

1. Did I say *DIRTH*?
2. Maybe I should of said, *FAMINE*.
3. Might as well be eating *Rock Sandwiches*.
4. For those who know God in this site, if indeed there are any, take notice of each of these avatars, that just responded, thou they may change, Kwc57 is an evil looking Santa his face is coal smudged, rubbing his hands together while smoking a cigarette, while Califorina Girl, has a Playboy sexed up women wearing a skimpy sort of Santa Suit.
5. This is the best this site has to offer, it is indeed a *FAMINE*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Did I say *DIRTH*?
2. Maybe I should of said, *FAMINE*.
3. Might as well be eating *Rock Sandwiches*.
4. For those who know God in this site, if indeed there are any, take notice of each of these avatars, that just responded, thou they may change, Kwc57 is an evel looking Santa his face is coal smudged, rubbing his hands together while smoking a cigarette, while Califorina Girl, has a Playboy sexed up women wearing a skimpy sort of Santa Suit.
5. This is the best this site has to offer, it is indeed a *FAMINE*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Rich coming from a swamp monster. :rolleyes:

Sorry bout that,

kcw57 wrote:

"Rich coming from a swamp monster."

$Face Of Jesus.jpg

1. Now where's my *Rock Sandwiches*?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Jesus said "And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it."

1. While California Girl plays the harlet with her Christmas avatar, and at the same time perhaps the most rep points on this site.
2. It does reveal alot about who posts here and why.
3. Where have I landed on the internet?
4. *Rock Bottom*?
5. I am not sure what she means about posting what she did, she never made a comment.
6. No real surprise there either.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. While California Girl plays the harlet with her Christmas avatar, and at the same time perhaps the most rep points on this site.
4. *Rock Bottom*?
5. I am not sure what she means about posting what she did, she never made a comment.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Your an idiot. If you don't like it here, leave.

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it.

The "rock" that Jesus was referring to was Peter's answer to Jesus' question in verse 16. The rock foundation was that Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

I would LOVE to know your real story and what your deal is. So many possibilities running through my head

1) Mental patient who gets access to the community computer for 1 hour a day
2) 87 year old with severe dementia
3) Middle Aged White Man with history of Schizophrenia and countless encounters with seeing the Virgin Mary in your Macaroni and Cheese.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

4. *Rock Bottom*?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Your an idiot. If you don't like it here, leave.

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it.

The "rock" that Jesus was referring to was Peter's answer to Jesus' question in verse 16. The rock foundation was that Jesus was the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

1. So I'm and idiot?
2. So tell me genius, is it *you're* or *your and idiot*?
3. Who said I didn't like it here, projecting again eh my friend?
4. So the whole church of Christ is built on what Peter said, when he said that, Jesus was the son of God ?
5. Is that what *you're* saying?
6. Or are you interpreting what Peter said as to some sort of foundational statement, that Jesus was applying to himself?
7. Is everyone this hostile when posting on USMB nowadays?:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

I would LOVE to know your real story and what your deal is. So many possibilities running through my head

1) Mental patient who gets access to the community computer for 1 hour a day
2) 87 year old with severe dementia
3) Middle Aged White Man with history of Schizophrenia and countless encounters with seeing the Virgin Mary in your Macaroni and Cheese.

1. "My story is quite interesting, it all started when I was born, doctors knew right away I was meant for great things, they were right ofcourse, I went to public schools, didn't finsih, but felt like I was above school, and decided to go to work, which I did, then ofcourse I made a lot of money working, now I own a lot of cars and houses on both sides of the planet, and also I own some businesses, several, but lets not count all them okay buddy, then when I was about 33 I met Jesus, wow, what a blast, he took me in, because I was but a orphan, without a sheperd, after awhile I went to Israel, to see where Jesus lived on earth, and I walked where Jesus walked, and lived in a tent roaming the countryside for 53 days, till winter really set in, which its very cold there so I went back home to Texas, Israel is a wonderful place, and you really can feel Jesus there, thats why its such a fought over land, and its worth fighting for, and I guess thats why they do it, whats weird is that neither one of these religions fighting over the land believe that Jesus is the Messiah, I digress, I also rented a car the whole time I was in Israel, which made it nice, because I could up and go anywhere I wanted too, whenever I wanted too, I went everywhere, it was great you should of been there dude, anyway, I loved the old city, I went there very often, I met many cool people doing what I was doing, seeing the land, and visiting Holy places, most of the Holy places are Catholic Churches, if you didn't know, yeah the Catholics pretty much staked out all the places of Christ years ago, I went to museums and when I was hungry, I ate something, pizza was good there, breads too, sweet breads in the morning, the Jews offer a lot of fish, so you have to eat a lot of fish when there, its really hard to find anything that remotely tastes American there, though I've heard that McDonalds is there now, it wasn't back then though,and when I was tired I rested, I lived at publc camp sites, they have hot showers, and sometimes food, or a small store, lived on many kubutz also was cool meeting them, they sold time at thier camps ready for me, pretty much costed by the night maybe like 10.00 a night is all, pretty affordable, when I needed money I cashed a travelers check, which I had plenty, I went to Hebron, Herodian, West Bank nothing nut poor arabs there, back then, no Banks, Nazerath, Joffa, Gallilee, road on a small ship there, the Jesus Boat, it was great, I went everywhere, north , south, east and west, to the Jordon River, Messada, to the tip of Iarael, south to the north to the Golan Hieghts, to the west coast, Cesearea, I went and saw it all, traveling the land, it was wonderful!!! I met this homeless Jew, who was living in a ramshackle tent like structure, he was kinda pissed at the world, and seemed like he thought his fellow man owed him something, he would raise hell at the campsite mgr's throwing rocks and stuff, yelling at them, he had water run out from a bathroom to his site, so he was stealing water, and used the bathroom there too, I tried to befriend him, but he acted like a mad man, reminds me sort of like you, but I digress again, is'nt this great you're learning so much about me!!!, so anyway, I left that camp site after awhile, met and a dude from Georgia at that site too, he was a nice guy, he used to go up to Jerusalem everyday, he hitch hiked, which I never did, when hitch hiking in Israel, you don't stick your thumb up, you point with your index finger at the ground infront of you while facing the traffic on the side of the road, I used to pick up hitch hikers sometimes, well not always but at times I would, mostly I picked up the off duty military, they said they got tired of riding the buses, was also a way to get to know the general population of Israel, I also met a guy from Florida, he was ex-USA military, he road with me for awhile in my car, I took him places, at first, but he wanted to go ruff it, so he went his own way after a couple days, he was a nice guy too, he slpet in a pancho, which the first night there, he got up and the misquitoes had ate his forehead up, he was bitten like I had never seen, he didn't even know it when he woke up, just came over to the table where I was, and rubbed his head, I asked him, "hey did you see what happened to your head last night", he said "no" I told him what had happened, he went and washed up, wearing his ball cap back from the bathroom, I saw him a couple weeks later, he said he has seen me all over town, and tried to wave me down, but I never saw him, that was the last time I saw him, he was a ruff and tumble sort of guy, wanted to get rained on and go hungry while in Israel, he stayed a lot at the hostels in Israel, I seldom stayed there, always prefering the camp sites, oh yeah I hope you are enjoying this story!!! when I was in Hebron after visiting Abrahams tomb, when I was leaving town almost about to get out, some one threw a huge rock and hit my rented car, making a huge dent in the back passenger side door, just below the window, it sounded like a shot gun!!! my hearing was kinda funky for a wekk or two after that, I ofcourse reported it to the police and got a police report, in order to turn it into Hertz, when I returned my rental, they tried to make me pay for it, wanting $500.00, but I reminded them it was an act of terrorism, and they backed off, I paid my bill and that was it for them, if you go to Israel like I did, always get a rental car, its way worth it, I digress, I went to the temple mount, and the arabs were not very friendly, they ushered me out after awhile, I don't know why, maybe because I was wandering a little to close to the Golden Gate, which is off limits, but I wanted to get an idea of what it looked like from within the walls, that gate remains closed, and no one has gone through it since it was closed and locked, perhaps a thousand or more years ago, hanged out at the "Whaling Wall, a lot, watching the Jews come and go, very interesting, lots of places to eat near there too, Jews were very kind, and mostly were warm folks to me, ready to help if needed, anyway, thats all I have time to share with you right now, perhaps laters I will go into more details of my trip to Israel."
2. Anyway enough about me, whats your schitck?
3. You seem to be all alone, without a friend, I will be your friend.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

"Schizophrenia is a group of severe brain disorders in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions and disordered thinking and behavior. The ability of people with schizophrenia to function normally and to care for themselves tends to deteriorate over time.

Contrary to some popular belief, schizophrenia isn't split personality or multiple personality. The word "schizophrenia" does mean "split mind," but it refers to a disruption of the usual balance of emotions and thinking.

Schizophrenia is a chronic condition, requiring lifelong treatment.

Symptoms
The symptoms of schizophrenia also can be attributed to other mental illnesses, and no one symptom can pinpoint a diagnosis of schizophrenia. In men, schizophrenia symptoms typically start in the teens or 20s. In women, schizophrenia symptoms typically begin in the 20s or early 30s. It's uncommon for children to be diagnosed with schizophrenia and rare for those older than 40.

Signs and symptoms of schizophrenia generally are divided into three categories — positive, negative and cognitive.

Positive symptoms
In schizophrenia, positive symptoms reflect an excess or distortion of normal functions. These active, abnormal symptoms may include:

Delusions. These beliefs are not based in reality and usually involve misinterpretation of perception or experience. They are the most common of schizophrenic symptoms.
Hallucinations. These usually involve seeing or hearing things that don't exist, although hallucinations can be in any of the senses. Hearing voices is the most common hallucination among people with schizophrenia.
Thought disorder. Difficulty speaking and organizing thoughts may result in stopping speech midsentence or putting together meaningless words, sometimes known as "word salad."
Disorganized behavior. This may show in a number of ways, ranging from childlike silliness to unpredictable agitation.
Negative symptoms
Negative symptoms refer to a diminishment or absence of characteristics of normal function. They may appear months or years before positive symptoms. They include:

Loss of interest in everyday activities
Appearing to lack emotion
Reduced ability to plan or carry out activities
Neglect of personal hygiene
Social withdrawal
Loss of motivation
Cognitive symptoms
Cognitive symptoms involve problems with thought processes. These symptoms may be the most disabling in schizophrenia, because they interfere with the ability to perform routine daily tasks. A person with schizophrenia may be born with these symptoms, but they may worsen when the disorder starts. They include:

Problems with making sense of information
Difficulty paying attention
Memory problems
Affective symptoms
Schizophrenia also can affect mood, causing depression or mood swings. In addition, people with schizophrenia often seem inappropriate and odd, causing others to avoid them, which leads to social isolation."

Mayo Clinic

Sorry bout that,

1. zzzzz,.......lol!!!!!!
2. Come on man, you ain't no shrink, stop being a total asshole man.
3. These arm chair shrinks are hilarious!
4. Why don't you learn to respect others, what a waste of efforts by you dude.
5. Then after you paste that crap, you say nothing, what a whimp ontop of being a waste and an asshole!!!.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Just stop posting in my thread, you are embarassiing yourself.
2. Stop being such a *Wussie* dude!:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Okay lets make a study here, its worth a study, now lets get to it!
2. Okay, now lets go back to the OP, and gleem this from the first few lines: (*4. And when in scriptures it says the "Bride of Christ" is a huge building made out of stone, which will some day be brought down from Heaven to be set in Israel, perhaps that too is a sign, or actual fact, that God, actually is a solid substance, beyond our understanding, totally.*)
3. And here is the actual scripture:

Rev. 21:part of 9+10

" I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, " end quote.

4. So as I offered before, this reads as if the Lambs wife *Bride of Christ*, is a building, the Holy City decending down on Jerusalem, when the day comes.
5. If indeed it is the Bride of Christ, then all those souls who die, perhaps are reborn into this Holy City, fittly framed together, where Christ and Lord God Almighty live eternally, here on earth.

Rev.

22And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

Forum List

Back