UPI poll finds 79% support for Obama

Peejay

Rookie
Feb 11, 2009
SC
In an April 24th poll, the UPI reports that 56% of Americans give President Obama a "positive" rating, 23% give him an "OK". Only 21% of Americans give Obama a negative or poor rating.

That's stellar.

Are you in the near 80% or do you find yourself among the extremist minority who rates the president poorly?

Poll finds strong public support for Obama - UPI.com

Last edited:
In an April 24th poll, the UPI reports that 56% of Americans give President Obama a "positive" rating, 23% give him an "OK". Only 21% of Americans give Obama a negative or poor rating.

That's stellar.

Are you in the near 80% or do you find yourself among the extremist minority who rates the president poorly?

That sounds about right but at Real Clear, he's been consistently in the 60-64% range since January. I tend to find those polls more viable.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

yes....polls are ALWAYS accurate

and apparently "OK" equals support.....

imagine if employers were like that....hey what do you think of that guy....he's ok....sweet, let's hire that "OK" guy, he'll do

I voted for Obama, and I think many rightwingers haven't given him enough time.

But that said, this poll doesn't mean anything to me.

After 911, Bush had a huge approval rating because he immediately went after the buttheads who attacked and who planned the attack against us.

Then the dummy and his followers dropped the ball, let the bad guys get away to regroup, and attacked the wrong country.

Doh!

I voted for Obama, and I think many rightwingers haven't given him enough time.

But that said, this poll doesn't mean anything to me.

After 911, Bush had a huge approval rating because he immediately went after the buttheads who attacked and who planned the attack against us.

Then the dummy and his followers dropped the ball, let the bad guys get away to regroup, and attacked the wrong country.

Doh!

i am actually disapointed that obama has had to alter his campaign stated posistion on several things.....you knew it was going to happen but it is anoying voting for change and then getteing status quo....

side note.....which country should have been attacked after 911.....

i am actually disapointed that obama has had to alter his campaign stated posistion on several things.....you knew it was going to happen but it is anoying voting for change and then getteing status quo....

side note.....which country should have been attacked after 911.....

Two countries:

Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia is NOT a U.S. allie. They are horrible. Their laws (especially toward women) are deplorable. Disgusting.

Saudi Arabia is no different than the neighbor who beats his wife close to death. Would you want to have a beer with him?

Not THIS argument again.... :doubt:

Dude - the polls proved to be right last year. Obama won just like they said they would. Just because YOU don't like Obama, doesn't mean the polls are wrong.

That's stellar.

That sounds about right but at Real Clear, he's been consistently in the 60-64% range since January. I tend to find those polls more viable.

That's a lot lower than GWB's approval rating. No wonder people are calling Obama 'Bush III'.

Dude - the polls proved to be right last year. Obama won just like they said they would. Just because YOU don't like Obama, doesn't mean the polls are wrong.

not this "this argument again" response....i have a broken record, do you want to buy it?

i noticed you cut out the rest of my post....why?

i see......so when the polls allegedly said gore would win......and then bush won......doesn't mean those polls are right just because you don't like bush

That's stellar.

That's a lot lower than GWB's approval rating. No wonder people are calling Obama 'Bush III'.

George W. Bush? That Bush? His last approval rating was 22%. Odd......nearly the exact number that disapprove of Obama.

I have some beautiful sour grapes....would you like another helping?

George W. Bush? That Bush? His last approval rating was 22%. Odd......nearly the exact number that disapprove of Obama.

you are about numbers right....

percentages...

shall i post stats on crime that you will of course accept as valid....

That's stellar.

In 2001, Bush job approval ratings were very high for awhile. He was in the low 30s from 2005 to 2008 though. He left office in the 25 to 30% range.

In 2001, Bush job approval ratings were very high for awhile. He was in the low 30s from 2005 to 2008 though. He left office in the 25 to 30% range.

Congress, the Senate, and the Presidency ratings were terrible. This country is becoming too polarized in the way it's being run. The last three administrations have been this way. It's going to take a real jewel of a politician to bring it back. I don't know if anyone out there is up for it.

Congress, the Senate, and the Presidency ratings were terrible. This country is becoming too polarized in the way it's being run. The last three administrations have been this way. It's going to take a real jewel of a politician to bring it back. I don't know if anyone out there is up for it.

Time will tell.

This just enforces my rule: Polls are all bullshit.

When Bush was in office people used polls that showed all sorts of results, and they only acknowledged the polls they liked ...

... now, same story different person.

Here's a bit of fact: Polls are easily manipulated and do not tell the whole story. You can agree with some things a president does and disagree with others, a simple "yes/no" result does not really give a clear picture, it's just political pandering.

Opinion polls are worthless and serve only to support the agenda of the pollsters. Let's be real here.

For one, peejay makes one claim in his thread title, then presents a set of numbers that do no equate to that number, then presents yet a third number, exaggerating the percentage even higher.

Less than 60% of American voters voted for Obama. He has lost support. How does that add up to a higher number?

That's stellar.

It would appear this thread should read 56% support Obama - 23% give him an "EH", and 21% don't like him. So basically, his favorable support has dropped significantly.

Cause for concern at the Obama camp...

Opinion polls are worthless and serve only to support the agenda of the pollsters. Let's be real here.

For one, peejay makes one claim in his thread title, then presents a set of numbers that do no equate to that number, then presents yet a third number, exaggerating the percentage even higher.

Less than 60% of American voters voted for Obama. He has lost support. How does that add up to a higher number?

Yap yap yap.....and Al Gore won the popular vote. That and two bits gets you an ice crem cone to cry in.

You accusation is baseless. You base your claims on a poll, then build a strawman to launch a personal attack.

Learn to debate.

New Topics

Forum List

Back