UPDATED: 5 People Shot At 3 Different Gun Shows On Gun Appreciation Day

wtf is talking about confiscation? give it a rest.

and accidental gun wounds and gun deaths can be classified as gun violence
Can be but isn't by the FBI an other non agenda driven organizations...... for obvious reasons, accidental stabbings aren't classified as knife violence....... :dunno:

people conflate gun violence and accidents with crime. although some gun accidents carry criminal negligence on the part of the owners

everyone has an agenda on some level

They sure do, and that IS the point....the anti gun crowds are all up in a lather to seize the moment. Like Rahm always said....don't let a tragedy go to waste.
Gun violence and major crime is down from 25 years ago and nobody talks about that.

But really, Dante....your slip is showing.

Can be but isn't by the FBI an other non agenda driven organizations...... for obvious reasons, accidental stabbings aren't classified as knife violence....... :dunno:

people conflate gun violence and accidents with crime. although some gun accidents carry criminal negligence on the part of the owners

They sure do, and that IS the point....the anti gun crowds are all up in a lather to seize the moment. Like Rahm always said....don't let a tragedy go to waste.
Gun violence and major crime is down from 25 years ago and nobody talks about that.

yeah, and your lisp is more pronounced than usual.
Why is that?

I think very little gun violence happens during random robberies of persons on streets.

Of course gun shows are relatively safe, but with all the bullshit about gun owners being responsible...

too many accidental shootings. I am very careful around most people who have guns. I know a collector who actually has special licenses for guns like Tommy Guns...always felt safe around him because he was not a blowhard or careless in anything he did. most people are careless.

I'm a collector, reenactor, target shooter, trained, certified and qualified private law enforcement officer (not security officer), former military and have been around firearms all my life. Honestly I've found myself doing something stupid on two occasions, one was handing a pistol to a friend without locking back the slide even though I had removed the magazine. The other was when I was ramming powder down my Enfield musket and realized my hand was over the top of the ramrod. If the powder had ignited I would have had a metal ramrod half way through my hand. Yes, even experts can make mistakes.
I also don't step out into a cross walk without looking. Sure I have the right-of-way but a vehicle with a distracted driver doesn't care about that..... :lol:

which makes the case that being around guns can be and is often dangerous.

no problem, I do dangerous, but I do not call it by something else. We need honesty in debate on gun control. All sides play with euphemisms and bullshit.

Guns are here to stay. Millions out there. 2nd amendment. What do we do?

Damn dude, being around life is dangerous and yes to the "politics" involved.

Speaking of dangerous and deadly I'll present this postulation:

Speech, free or otherwise, in all it's recognized forms, spoken, written, electronic, physical, etc. always precedes violence, (wars are classified as violence). Given that this is true and all speech precedes all violence and is therefore the root cause of all murder, and death due to war, throughout history, shouldn't speech be the most heavily restricted, if not outright banned right we have? :dunno:

Why is that?

You have surfer knees and no surfboard.
Why is that? :D

Have a good evening, Dante....we'll pick it up in the morning.

Why is that?

You have surfer knees and no surfboard.
Why is that? :D

Have a good evening, Dante....we'll pick it up in the morning.

Meister gay 4 Dante?

Say it ain't so!!!!!

317979_532718950094713_1248703114_n.jpg

Edited to add the link

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/five-accidental-shootings-at-gun-shows-mark-gun

This illustrates why I've said I have the right to know about people around me who are carrying guns.

Ron White said it best... "You can't fix stupid."
Fortunately, we can cure ignorance. But the ignorant have to want to be helped. They must embrace math and science and facts. And reality, no matter how much of a Liberal bias it inherently has.

Just outlaw guns entirely, then there would be no more gun deaths. :rolleyes:
We should remove all driving restrictions concerning speed, stop signs, red lights, etc.

The criminals are just going to ignore them while the average citizen who would never run a stop sign is penalized!!!!111!!!!

Accident while being checked
a gun accidentally discharged and shot two people at the show’s safety check-in booth just after 1 pm. Both victims were transported to an area hospital, and the Raleigh Fire Department announced that the show would be closed for the rest of the day.
Self inflected
In Ohio, the local ABC affiliate reports that one individual was brought to a hospital by EMS, and in Indiana Channel 8 WISH says that an individual shot himself in the hand while trying to reload his gun in the show parking lot. That brings the tally to 4 victims of gun violence so far at three different gun shows during the country’s first Gun Appreciation Day.
SHIT HAPPENS.

Is that your response to Newtown?
Here was my response to your embellishment of what happen. As I said shit happens.

An idiot with a loaded shotgun in a case and 2 idiots that can't safely load their weapons?
All this out of a couple hundred thousand gun at shows around the country?

Let's look at The Chicago Tribune. Let's see what happened today in a cty where there are no legal guns to speak of.

Breaking news - chicagotribune.com

People running gun shows should secure all guns coming in so they cant be fired (use a wire or zip clip through chamber) and inspect them to make sure they arent loaded.

I smell a lawsuit coming.

But no one was killed, so good point, Ernie.

Forum List

Back