Update: Votes 'found On Machines' In Philly Before Polls Open

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
UPDATE: VOTES 'FOUND ON MACHINES' IN PHILLY BEFORE POLLS OPEN

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE NOV 02, 2004 09:06:35 ET XXXXX

UPDATE: VOTES 'FOUND ON MACHINES' IN PHILLY BEFORE POLLS OPEN

Before voting even began in Philadelphia -- Republican poll watchers believed they found nearly 2000 votes already planted on machines scattered in heavy-minority locations throughout the city.

Republican poll watchers claim:

One incident occurred at the SALVATION ARMY, 2601 N. 11th St., Philadelphia, Pa: Ward 37, division 8.

Pollwatchers uncovered 4 machines with planted votes; one with over 200 and one with nearly 500...

A second location, 1901 W. Girard Ave., Berean Institute, Philadelphia, Pa, had 300+ votes already on 2 machines at start of day.

ANOTHER INCIDENT: 292 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 7/7: ADDRESS: 122 W. Erie Ave., Roberto Clemente School, Philadelphia, Pa..

ANOTHER: 456 votes on machine at start of day; WARD/DIVISION: 12/3; ADDRESS: 5657 Chew Ave., storefront, Philadelphia, Pa...

MORE...

The Kerry Campaign says reports of votes already on machines is 'false.'

"Serious news will not appear first on the DRUDGE gossip website," senior Kerry adviser Joe Lockhart told reporters.

Officially, election officials explain the discrepancy is being caused by a number showing how many times various machines have been used.

But officials could not explain why machines used in other locations were 'clean.'

Pennsylvania GOP is planning to file suit in Court of Common Pleas to have machines in question impounded, replaced with machines that did not 'already have votes on them.'

Elsewhere, a gun was purposely made visible to scare poll watchers at Ward 30, division 11, at 905 S. 20th St., Grand Court. Police were called and quickly surrounded the location...

Developing...

No matter how many stories Drugde breaks that end up being true, the Dems cannot give him credit for being right. The more they protest his story, the more I tend to believe it.

Tis the big topic on the news today - amazing isn't it??? looks like another election of not knowing who our President will be tonight. You know if Bush wins, the LIBS will be running for that re-count.

janeeng said:
Tis the big topic on the news today - amazing isn't it??? looks like another election of not knowing who our President will be tonight. You know if Bush wins, the LIBS will be running for that re-count.

Only if its close. We just have to make sure its not close at all.

"Serious news will not appear first on the Drudge gossip website."

?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF did Lockhart do - sleep the entire month of September away???!!!

musicman said:
"Serious news will not appear first on the Drudge gossip website."

?????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF did Lockhart do - sleep the entire month of September away???!!!

No kidding. Reporting Christopher Reeve's death wasn't very serious. Guess that means he'll be fine.

"Officially, election officials explain the discrepancy is being caused by a number showing how many times various machines have been used.

But officials could not explain why machines used in other locations were 'clean.' "

I take that to mean that the numbers show how many times a machine as been operated (since its creation) and not displaying "votes" per se... although I'm not sure about how to interpret that.

thats what i would think. Wouldnt every operation be a vote? The machine's are new so someone used them a couple thousand times in the past day or so to cast some votes. Wonder which way the mystery votes went? :rolleyes:

We had a problem here in Colorado...
One of the electorial judges left the machine in the car overnight,
and it screwed it all up. I had to submit a manual vote.
Hope it gets counted.

Forum List

Back